The Anti-Targ

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 6: Just Send Me a Raven T-Bone

255 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

After SM: Homecoming, I'd assume the Sony movies will be connected just nominally. Kind of like Netflix shows or Agents of Shield.

It'd be cool to see more cross over back and forth, but who knows at this point.

I'd be surprised if Marvel allow them to just gate crash their schedule unless they're involved creatively. My guess is it isn't.

On 2017-5-22 at 7:41 PM, Nictarion said:

Still wanna see Carnage. 

On 2017-5-23 at 9:30 AM, WarGalley said:

I don't really think they'll be able to pull it off proper. They're going in the direction of a more family friendly Spiderman franchise and a Carnage movie should be closer to a rated R movie with bloody, serial killing scenes. I'm trying to think of the darkest PG-13 comic book movie made and only the The Dark Knight comes to mind right now. It should be at least as dark as that with more blood and civilian deaths.

I assume Venom is going to be an R-rated movie, going after the Deadpool/Logan audience. If Venom 1 does well I can see them going for Carnage in Venom 2.

There is clearly an appetite for R-rated superhero stuff with the Netfilx series, esp Jessica Jones and Daredevil, showing there is a keen audience. If there was ever going to be an actual cross over with Netflix I could see it being with Venom.

16 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I assume Venom is going to be an R-rated movie, going after the Deadpool/Logan audience. If Venom 1 does well I can see them going for Carnage in Venom 2.

There is clearly an appetite for R-rated superhero stuff with the Netfilx series, esp Jessica Jones and Daredevil, showing there is a keen audience. If there was ever going to be an actual cross over with Netflix I could see it being with Venom.

Why do you assume Venom is going to be rated R? This is a Sony production, not Fox.

We're getting a younger, coming of age teenage Spiderman in the next movie. If Venom or Carnage crosses over in any way with the current Tom Holland franchise, I'd be very surprised if they (Sony) push the boundaries of violence especially with Carnage who is an outright serial killer slicing people in half.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Why do you assume Venom is going to be rated R? This is a Sony production, not Fox.

We're getting a younger, coming of age teenage Spiderman in the next movie. If Venom or Carnage crosses over in any way with the current Tom Holland franchise, I'd be very surprised if they (Sony) push the boundaries of violence especially with Carnage who is an outright serial killer slicing people in half.

Everything I've read so far suggested that Venom will not be part of the MCU. There were even rumors that Sony plans to not renew the Spider-Man deal with Marvel after Spiderman 2, or that they plan on aggressively renegotiating it. They probably think that if they can somehow build build up a "Spiderverse" without Spider-man (I'm actually not sure if they can use the Tom Holland Spider-Man in non-MCU movies under the current deal) it will increase their negotiating position. So I'd expect Venom to be agnostic about what universe it's taking place in. 

I hope the Vulture's good, I really like what we've seen of him so far, but the villains to tend to underwhelm.

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

Everything I've read so far suggested that Venom will not be part of the MCU. There were even rumors that Sony plans to not renew the Spider-Man deal with Marvel after Spiderman 2, or that they plan on aggressively renegotiating it. They probably think that if they can somehow build build up a "Spiderverse" without Spider-man (I'm actually not sure if they can use the Tom Holland Spider-Man in non-MCU movies under the current deal) it will increase their negotiating position. So I'd expect Venom to be agnostic about what universe it's taking place in. 

So a standalone rated-R Venom movie without Spiderman? I guess it's possible.. but not having Spiderman just seems so odd to me. I'm trying to think of what storyline they'd go with (I know he has his own comic strip but those stories weren't the most compelling if you take out Spiderman). 

It doesn't really make any sense to do a Venom movie without first introducing him in a Spider-Man movie first given that basically all of Venom's iconic powers are ones the symbiote stole from Spider-Man when Spidey was wearing it.

I agree it doesn't make sense, but here we are. If it were up to me Spidey would get the symbiote towards the end of Infinity War, use and eventually remove it in Spiderman 2 and then you do Venom or Spiderman 3 with Venom. 

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

I agree it doesn't make sense, but here we are. If it were up to me Spidey would get the symbiote towards the end of Infinity War, use and eventually remove it in Spiderman 2 and then you do Venom or Spiderman 3 with Venom. 

Ooh yeah, that would totally work. You could do Carnage after that or lead from Spiderman with Venom to Sinister Six to Carnage just to break things up a little. Tom Holland is young enough (in and out of character) where his movies can become more "adult" as they go along.

Edited by WarGalley

Captain Steve Rogers?

Too soon. :lol: