Let's settle this: Does Euron have any chance on Dany?

LordImp

17 minutes ago, BadWo1f said:

And by keeping the horn and then going back to Westeros she brings it straight to Euron, so he can blow it? Is that what you are suggesting? Or only that Dany will bring the horn with her if Victarion dies?

This story line is a very mysterious one, that is why I like it so much. We know so much, yet it feels as if we know nothing, for some reason I believe nothing will happen when Victarion blows the horn and that Euron has something else planned, he is very close to Oldtown, a place rich in history.

I was actually meaning that she might want to keep it for herself, instead of letting anyone else get their hands on it. Her 'trump card', if you will, is her dragons; there is no way she would want someone in possession of a horn that could potentially bind her dragons to their will. 

But as @chrisdaw has suggested in his theories regarding Euron and the horn, maybe there is much more to the horn than simply controlling a dragon, which is suggested by the fact the horn can kill the blower.

I don't know why he gave it to Victarion, but there's obviously a layer there with what he's got going on with him and the dusky woman. Euron's gifts are poison. Maybe he's hoping Victarion blows it and second life's a dragon which will allow him to be able to ride it, as he's Victarion's brother he'd be blood of the dragon then, kin to dragons, as the Valyrian dragon riders said to explain their ability.

Maybe its an experimentation thing, as it was when Cragorn blows the horn. Euron didn't know Cragorn would definitely die, but he sure as shit wasn't blowing that horn first, and then when Cragorn died he had him cut open to find out what happened. He's still in the trial stage.

Euron doesn't necessarily want to second life a dragon yet, he wanted to skin change it. But with Cragorn's death he's coming to the realisation that it doesn't work that way with a dragon, it's a one way ticket. Hence the contemplation of throwing himself off a tower.

It doesn't fit Euron's character? It is Euron's whole character. Aerys thought he'd rise from the destruction of KL as a dragon. The Mad King. Aerion drank wildfire to transform into a dragon, his son was passed over because they feared he might carry the same madness as his father. Balon mad, Aeron madder, Euron maddest of all. He is made for this. The Valyrian's didn't name their dragons gods without reason, the most powerful beings on earth with lifespans many times that of humans. You read the sample chapter and don't think Euron has it in him to try and become a god?

No, it's a bad match and has 0 benefit for Dany. She already has all the ships she needs, what she needs is a strong ally in Westeros the Greyjoys are not that. If she was to marry one of the great houses my money would be on Willas

39 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

No, it's a bad match and has 0 benefit for Dany. She already has all the ships she needs, what she needs is a strong ally in Westeros the Greyjoys are not that. If she was to marry one of the great houses my money would be on Willas

If what Dany wanted was a strong ally in Westeros she would have married Quentyn. And she thought to herself "well maybe if he were sexier". And she continues her affair with Daario, damn the consequences. Anyone she finds sexy has a shot with her. That's a list that certainly won't include Willas.

16 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

I'm pretty torn on this.

Victarion is after Dany, and Victarion seems 100% like her type of guy, so based purely on who has the first shot it looks like Victarion wins out. But then again Euron is tricky as fuck, probably knows full well what Victarion is after, and has taken it into account. How does Moqorro fit into all that? Moqorro appears to be throwing a wrench into Euron's plans, whatever those plans may have been.

The second husband in the HotU prophecy isn't super obvious like the other two. The "Greyjoy" wordplay conclusion is all we've got, but I admit it's pretty weak... and it could mean either of them even if it's correct. Is Victarion a "corpse" because Moqorro did something to him when he cured his poison? Is Euron a "corpse" because he... I dunno, for reasons we have yet to understand?

And all this assumes that Euron is not literally the same guy and Daario. That notion has some appeal, I admit, even if it seems farfetched. If Daario turns out to be Euron then obviously he has a huge advantage in the game to claim Dany as his because he basically already has.

Victarion, the guy who sells captives into slavery during his voyage to meet her?  The same Victarion that drowns or burns alive other captives?

Is there a different Victarion that I'm not aware of that Dany will be attracted to?  Because if Dany finds out about what the guy in the books has been doing on his journey to meet her she's going to thank him for his fleet then have him executed. 

I think he definitely could - He's got the power (Iron Fleet) and the personality to woo her. The question is what his true motivations are and whether Dany could figure out his true nature in time. The Daario theory is a bit of a wildcard - It's not impossible but I don't think it's likely. I do think he could be in league with Euron. 

29 minutes ago, TeethGrinder said:

is what his true motivations are and whether Dany could figure out his true nature in time

This. I think Euron has sinister plans for Dany , and it's very important for her too figure out his motivations. If Dany welcomes Moqorro into the fold he can probably  tell her about Euron and his plans.

6 hours ago, Pikachu101 said:

Wait, what ships does Dany have?

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, LordImp said:

Euron wants Dany , but does he have any chance in getting her as his wife? 

Dany like harsh men like Drogo and Darioo , well Euron is of that kind. Euron is also charming and handsome. Can Euron charm Dany? Or will Dany despise Euron because of his evil nature?

If Euron gets a dragon and controlls it , will Dany be impressed by this or will she be angry on Euron for stealing her dragon? 

If Dany comes into conflict with Aegon and other claimants will Euron offer her a helping hand? Will  war be what leads Dany into a alliance with Euron?

So does Euron have any chance with Dany at all?

Yes , he is handsome and rugged and enemies of the usurper's dogs .

My impression of Dany's romantic interests is that she likes 'em proud and honest, someone who fights their own battles and whisks her away at swordpoint. That's the opposite of Euron, who is manipulative and sends others to do his bidding.

Ironically, I think she would have found a young Robert B quite attractive. Well, until she finds out what a drunken manwhore he is, that is.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:13 AM, Ser_Jon_General said:

Victarion, the guy who sells captives into slavery during his voyage to meet her?  The same Victarion that drowns or burns alive other captives?

How is he any different from Drogo in either respect?

Like most of us, Dany's sex drive is entirely independent from her moral philosophies.

On 05/08/2017 at 2:29 PM, JordanJH1993 said:

I wouldn't it rule that out. It's somewhat hard to imagine simply blowing a horn can control any dragon, especially one of three dragons that only obey Daenerys.

Also, if Victarion blows the horn, surely he is going to wait until he is around Daenerys and her dragons at the time, and if he dies, what becomes of the horn? 

Would Dany not want to hold it so that no one could try to claim it and be able to control her dragons?

I think this is most likely. She's going to have to change her attitude 180 degrees before she's pleased to see another dragon rider.

[Jorah]  "... Every man who sees them will want them, my queen."

[Dany]  "They are mine," she said fiercely. They had been born from her faith and her need, given life by the deaths of her husband and unborn son and the Maegi Mirri Maz Duur. Dany had walked into the flames as they came forth, and they had drunk milk from her swollen breasts. "No man will take them from me while I live."

ACOK

There are a few more quotes along the same lines: My eggs ... but they're mine. | The fire is mine. | The dragons are mine.

Considering that the sample chapter gives us a better idea of what the whole "Grey corpse" vision in the House of the Undying was supposed to be... I'll have to say that yes, he sadly does have a chance, and will likely even succeed. 

Archived