Watch, Watched, Watching: The Shed and Breakfast Edition

RedEyedGhost

:cheers: Best blockbuster of the year. Glad that more people get around to watching it :D

It's been getting a lot of great reviews here, I'll be watching it tonight.

I watched Felony last night with Tom Wilkinson and Joel Edgerton(who also wrote it). Pretty solid film about an attempted cover-up by some Australian cops. Great acting all around, Wilkinson brings it in every film he's in.

Gonna rewatch Dead Like Me for the first time in yeaaaaaars.

I really should watch the second season sometime. I did watch the first season when it was on TV originally and liked it (Mandy Patinkin is great in it) but due to moving house I didn't get the opportunity to watch the second season at the time. Given that it's probably been over a decade since I watched the first season I should probably rewatch season 1 first.

I didn't mind it too much, I think the film did need someone for Neeson's character to confide in (otherwise we'd never have found out the backstory about why he really resigned). I think having something stopping the film being relentlessly grim isn't necessarily a bad thing. It was slightly distracting that the actor playing the kid played essentially the same role in an episode of Person of Interest I watched a few months ago.

They could have fleshed out the backstory in a number of ways -- confide to a priest or another character in the movie with whom he trusts, flashback dreams or nightmares, the DEA talking about his file and true reason for being discharged etc.

A Walk Among the Tombstones Spoilers below

The kid's situation was cheesy in it's over-the-topness. Is there an elderly librarian who would scold a (12? 14 year old?) orphan for being homeless, sleeping in the library and using the restrooms? Then we learned he was a vegetarian that only drank water only to find out he has sickle cell anemia and is frequently hospitalized. He also happens to be pretty intelligent for someone in his circumstances. It was too comical for me for this type of movie -- like they tried to insert a Finding Forrester or Good Will Hunting story into a movie as dark as this one. Earlier, we watched a woman get her clothes cut off and raped before being slowly cut into a hundred pieces. Just didn't feel like a complementary storyline.

Also didn't like the last shot of Neeson looking at the kid and then the scene zooming out to show the CGI World Trade Towers.

Ultimately the movie satisfied the craving I had, but it had some problems.

I really should watch the second season sometime. I did watch the first season when it was on TV originally and liked it (Mandy Patinkin is great in it) but due to moving house I didn't get the opportunity to watch the second season at the time. Given that it's probably been over a decade since I watched the first season I should probably rewatch season 1 first.

I never saw the second season, myself. Watched an episode here and there of the first season years ago and have always remembered i really liked it but saw it on netflix just now and thought why not.

I spent last week laid up after surgery and took my Netflix streaming queue from 75 titles down to 55 titles. Unfortunately none of them are really worth comment. The best were some old Eddie Murphy movies: Beverly Hills Cop and 48 Hours - the racial politics in them though...

just started The Bridge,,, 2 episodes in.... so far so good... love the Asperger's sub plot

Season two is fantastic.

Watched Boyz N The Hood. Great movie, especially the last 20 minutes or so. Am I the only one who thought The Wire got some inspiration from it. Of course you can't really compare the two, but I got kind of a Wire vibe from it.

Also saw the first episode of Sherlock, now when I'm between series, and waiting for The Shield boxset. Sherlock is entertaining and fun, but I do think it's quite overrated, considering how much praise it always gets. But you xan easily get through the episodes, and it doesn't feel like theyre 90 minutes long actually

Watched Boyz N The Hood. Great movie, especially the last 20 minutes or so. Am I the only one who thought The Wire got some inspiration from it. Of course you can't really compare the two, but I got kind of a Wire vibe from it.

Great movie!

I've been rewatching lots of Parks and Rec lately. This is a show that always puts me in a good mood.

Watched Desperado. Still hilarious and still with maybe the most beautiful lead pairing of the last 3 decades.

I love that movie. :)

I think the Most Beautiful Leads award will have to go to Brangelina in Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Or possibly to Johnny Depp / Orlando Bloom / Kiera Knightley in the PotC series. That is one sexy sandwich! :drool:

I love that movie. :)

I think the Most Beautiful Leads award will have to go to Brangelina in Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Or possibly to Johnny Depp / Orlando Bloom / Kiera Knightley in the PotC series. That is one sexy sandwich! :drool:

Brangelina are Top 5 for sure, I'm certainly not a hater on those two, but the fact Salma was (and, for me, remains) the most beautiful actress on the planet gives Desperado a head start over Mr & Mrs Smith and for all Brad's charms he was up against one of the most smoulderingest smoulderers of all time in mid-30s Antonio. If it was about magazine covers, it's Brad and Ange for sure, but for pure cinematic gorgeousness I have Desperado at numero uno.

Johnny Depp may be the one actor on Earth since the days of hair metal who could compete with Antonio, but still, Salma out-beauties Keira by enough that the Desperados are on top for me.

Speaking of Antonio, I watched Expendables 3 (don't judge me, it was my wife's idea) a few weeks ago and he's maybe the highlight of the movie. I mean, I'm not suggesting folks spend money to watch that movie, but if you see it on TV it's worth a look just for Antonio and the return of Wesley Snipes.

Archived