Agent Carter

mcbigski

20 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Well, unfortunately, I think that only makes one of us.  This episode ramped up what I have been disliking about this season.  The actress woman (I am totally blanking on her name...) and her Senator-wannabe husband promise millions of dollars to a gangster in order to get...2 goons?!?!  One of which is beat up by a secretary?  The whole bringing along Rose and the scientist guy was farcical.  They've just gone too far with the silliness - it's hard to reconcile this Peggy Carter with the one we've seen in the movies.

Fair & accurate.... I can't argue.... really I was referring to just this episode... but to your point.... yeah. 

The problem with this show is that the plot is unworthy of its star. Atwell is so great and she brought so much life to a character that can easily be dismissed as Steve's girlfriend. But, as amazing is to watch her, this season we have the problem of plots not being as dynamic and interesting as they should have. And I would agree on criticism that everything seems a bit off. I really, really hope that we would get Season 3 and that writing gets better. It is still good, but I don't want to talk about MAC's flaws... That makes me sad :(

I'm really liking this season, and I don't really mind the increased silliness. Jarvis is so much fun.

The 'love story' is the weakest aspect, probably because there is absolutely zero chemistry between Peggy and the scientist dude.

7 hours ago, denstorebog said:

The actress playing Frost is phenomenal. Really a great addition to the show, and her character is a cool concept as well.

Agreed. I'm waiting fir her to Don her mask and take her place as the primary antagonist for the early Shield and Peggy...you know, which allows Hydra to establish itself in the shadows of Shield...

24 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

My understanding is that ABC is cancelling this show.... which makes me sad in a world where the Jersey Shore got several seasons.... hopefully this can be one of the shows that Netflix decides to save 

Well, as I have seen some ratings, ABC is really having the tough year... Agent Carter and Galavant got 50% less viewership than last year, while Castle and Once Upon a Time are somewhere around 30% less than last year. Overall, bad year... Who would have though Grey's Anatomy would be saving the season on ABC?

But, yeah, it might get cancelled. Although, what a glorious return it would be if it goes to Netflix.

Official synopsis of the finale:

Peggy needs Howard Stark to eliminate Zero Matter as they are faced with a mission none of them could come back from, on the season finale of “Marvel’s Agent Carter”.

I love how they're trying to play up life or death stakes for two characters who we already know go on to live for decades... 

Last week's silly episode seems like it may have been by design, because this week's episodes were significantly less lighthearted. Maybe the showrunners felt like they needed it, leading into the finale. I love Dottie. She's a ton of fun -- sort of like the Joker to Peggy's Batman. Not sure if this series will get another shot, but I want her to be a constant presence. Whitney Frost also came into her own as a villain tonight.

17 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Last week's silly episode seems like it may have been by design, because this week's episodes were significantly less lighthearted. Maybe the showrunners felt like they needed it, leading into the finale. I love Dottie. She's a ton of fun -- sort of like the Joker to Peggy's Batman. Not sure if this series will get another shot, but I want her to be a constant presence. Whitney Frost also came into her own as a villain tonight.

I am not so sure Batman/Joker is the right comparison. Marvel usually likes to stay in the house (remember Guardians and Avengers) so I actually believe that Dottie will be Black Widow to Peggy's Fury. They are creating a scenario in which Dottie doesn't have anyone but Peggy. And Peggy most definitely knows her value.

As for the tone, this time there were no strange transitions and it worked perfectly. I especially liked how Dottie was slowly changing her reaction to her tormentors. First, it was so hilarious, bad ass "you can't hurt me" to the fear, acting and then complete horror facing Whitney. I am not huge fan of how the show is handling Thompson's character but I guess they have to make some room for the explanation of how Hydra penetrated SHIELD.

Overall, it's a simple recipe... The more Dottie, the better it gets :)

51 minutes ago, Risto said:

I am not so sure Batman/Joker is the right comparison. Marvel usually likes to stay in the house (remember Guardians and Avengers) so I actually believe that Dottie will be Black Widow to Peggy's Fury. They are creating a scenario in which Dottie doesn't have anyone but Peggy. And Peggy most definitely knows her value.

As for the tone, this time there were no strange transitions and it worked perfectly. I especially liked how Dottie was slowly changing her reaction to her tormentors. First, it was so hilarious, bad ass "you can't hurt me" to the fear, acting and then complete horror facing Whitney. I am not huge fan of how the show is handling Thompson's character but I guess they have to make some room for the explanation of how Hydra penetrated SHIELD.

Overall, it's a simple recipe... The more Dottie, the better it gets :)

I've been thinking the same thing, especially after the comments that her Russian bosses abandoned her.   Dottie may end up being one of the first agents of SHIELD.

37 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Bridget Regan really has the "crazy eyes" thing down.... Dottie is just a more bad ass version of the girl she played in White Collar... and even her cameo in John Wick had that crazy hot chick vibe.

The only other thing I have seen her was Legend of the Seeker. So far, she is doing great. 

I would be extremely sad if two of my favorite female-lead shows are cancelled this season. The Good Wife is gone, but I still hope MAC will stay with us for many years to come.

23 minutes ago, Leofric said:

I've been thinking the same thing, especially after the comments that her Russian bosses abandoned her.   Dottie may end up being one of the first agents of SHIELD.

Plus, isn't SHIELD supposed to be above the governments and other divisions... I would truly adore to see the two of them together. And Jarvis with them... Oh, what a wonderful threesome would that be :)

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Risto said:

Damn... To live in the world where Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and Gotham are all safe and this gets cancelled...

Agent Carter will be sorely missed. This was truly great show.

I was on the fence about watching another season, to be honest. I thought season 2 was well below season 1. And since I won't come back to any of those DC shows you mentioned, I would not have felt bad if I gave this one up, too. Yet another reason now to give up cable.

Archived