Agent Carter

mcbigski

Another thought, was the ring the source of his hypnotism or not? I thought it was, cause of the aforementioned sound effect and his odd rubbing of it. But then why did they have to wire his jaw shut or whatever when imprisoning him? Wouldn't taking away his magic/technological ring be enough?

Probably HYDRA pulling strings.

I would hope not. I thought the idea was that by relying on the Hydra scientists Shield allowed them to rebuild Hydra. If Hydra was already controlling the SSR that sorta undermines that idea.

Another thought, was the ring the source of his hypnotism or not? I thought it was, cause of the aforementioned sound effect and his odd rubbing of it. But then why did they have to wire his jaw shut or whatever when imprisoning him? Wouldn't taking away his magic/technological ring be enough?

I don't think the ring is magical, probably more of a nod than anything else. The Dr Faustus from the comics isn't magical. The rhythmic twisting of it is nothing more than a repetitive motion to draw the subject in. The sound effect is more to let us know something is going on, no different to the way they fade the score up when someone is beginning to be persuaded. It's just a slightly more metallic sound because it's not 'natural' persuasion.

As for HYDRA putting them in a cell together. There won't be many HYDRA operatives in the states, before Red Skulls fall they seemed to be totally German based. It's pretty heavily implied Zola became one of the new heads of HYDRA and was responsible for creating the parasite within SHIELD. I prefer the idea he recreated HYDRA by virtue of his cunning, rather than some guy just popping out of nowhere and giving him a leg up.

This was by far the best new thing on TV this year. I interestingly fell for Scottish romance in Outlander, was impressed by some parts of Marco Polo, had fun watching Scorpion and Forever, and amused by Empire, but nothing hit all the right spots as Agent Carter. Truly great show, and I am going to missed it. Honestly, as much as AoS are getting better, AC set the standard really high. There wasn't a moment of boredom this entire season.

I hope ABC and Marvel will renew this...

I enjoyed the finale, even if it was a little predictable. I'll miss it - wish they would pick it up as a regular series! But apparently, the ratings weren't that strong.

I think I'd rather see the show continue in the form presented. Eight episodes, no more than ten, at a time.

I liked this show.... especially for broadcast tv.... maybe in part because I'm a Marvel nerd.... but I thought it was getting a raw deal in the reviews.... was it breaking bad?... no.... but it was fun.

I totally agree. I have wondered if it's the era. It comes across as a little hokey at times, but that's part of the fun imo.

Since I'm not familiar with the back stories, I found this series a very enjoyable novelty that I'd be happy to see more of. Now I think I'll finally get around to watching the Captain America movies. I tried watching the first and found the opening fairly boring and switched to something I was more interested in.

This was by far the best new thing on TV this year. I interestingly fell for Scottish romance in Outlander, was impressed by some parts of Marco Polo, had fun watching Scorpion and Forever, and amused by Empire, but nothing hit all the right spots as Agent Carter.

You clearly haven't watched The Knick then, not to mention Better Call Saul, if we're talking about 2015.

It was a fun watch, much better than the first half of AoS season one, but the best new series on TV? Seriously?

I think I'd rather see the show continue in the form presented. Eight episodes, no more than ten, at a time.

Agreed - I like the idea of a mini-series supporting an ongoing TV series and movies. The one thing that stuck out to me that I didn't like was in the fight between Peggy & Dottie was that Carter allowed herself to get that close to begin with.

For all the people you could accuse of being over-powered in the MCU, I never thought I'd say it about Peggy Carter. First she takes down a whole squad of agents at the diner, then is apparently capable of beating Dotty who was engineered from birth pretty much to be some kind of Terminator. Where exactly is she supposed to have picked up these skills? The British Army?

For all the people you could accuse of being over-powered in the MCU, I never thought I'd say it about Peggy Carter. First she takes down a whole squad of agents at the diner, then is apparently capable of beating Dotty who was engineered from birth pretty much to be some kind of Terminator. Where exactly is she supposed to have picked up these skills? The British Army?

That would be my guess, somehow she was qualified to be involved in the super soldier project - which is also why she was as frustrated as she was because she was being underutilized.

Frankly I thought her take down of Dottie was more luck and quick opportunity. Peggy didn't seem to be faring to well during the fight.

Since I'm not familiar with the back stories, I found this series a very enjoyable novelty that I'd be happy to see more of. Now I think I'll finally get around to watching the Captain America movies. I tried watching the first and found the opening fairly boring and switched to something I was more interested in.

The Winter Soldier was perhaps one of the best entertainment movies I have seen last year and one of the biggest surprises. The character with so little to offer to be so great was indeed a great job.

You clearly haven't watched The Knick then, not to mention Better Call Saul, if we're talking about 2015.

It was a fun watch, much better than the first half of AoS season one, but the best new series on TV? Seriously?

OK, it was perhaps a bit exaggerated and I haven't seen ALL the new TV shows this season. I planned to watch both The Knick and Better Call Saul, but the time is limited... I think the best thing about AC is that it surpasses expectations by a large margin hence why the "best new TV show" comment. {lus, I have a thing for Hayley Atwell and Bridget Regan... Plus, the character of Jarvis gave me so much good laugh...

Well, she didn't take her out. She perhaps won the round one (and I jumped through the roof when I realized that Dottie is still round there)... And please, don't you dare to tell anything that will ruin the beauty of that scene :)

Did I miss something? What happened to "Leviathan will be here in 90 minutes"?

You weren't alone. I think we missed a part of the story or something. I was wondering that myself. I either missed an explainer or they didn't tell us where this went.

Archived