Drunk Again. How did this happen?

Lily Valley

No one has posted in this thread in 3 days! Y'all are slacking! :whip:

Three days is a fairly long dry-spell for this thread, but nothing like the drought of February 2015 when the thread was within three hours of being a whole week without a post.

And so once again we come to the worst day of the year when loads of people "get into the spirit of things" for St. Patrick's Day, wear Guinness hats, throw up onto the pavement, say things in a shit Irish accent because they've seen Father Ted once, and generally embarrass themselves.

enjoying several white russians this morning in honor of the national day of drinking...

No one has posted in this thread in 3 days! Y'all are slacking! :whip:

I discovered Regal Apple Crown Royal over the weekend. Oh man. It should be illegal for something that strong to taste so delicious straight. :drool: I was guzzling it like water.

i am not a crown lover, but during the superbowl last month i sucked back a pint of Maple Crown...and yes it was deceptively good...too bad next day was exactly as predicted...brown whiskey = enormous hangover

dr. recommended clear fluids...so naturally i switched back to vodka immediately

:smoking:

I remember there was a character in a James Bond novel who talked about how poisonous coloured liquors were, like scotch (iirc, Bond was golfing with Goldfinger in Scotland???) because colour comes from charcoal charred barrels the raw alcohol was aged in. I think I was 9 or 10 when I read that (my older brother had the novel), so that's a long-ago memory to dig up accurately. :D Anyway....stick to vodka, 'sniffer. But there's always gin, and now they make clear whiskeys as well.

Last night I finished off a nice, quaffable Cotes du Rhone I had opened for Sunday dinner, called Les Dauphins.

I remember there was a character in a James Bond novel who talked about how poisonous coloured liquors were, like scotch (iirc, Bond was golfing with Goldfinger in Scotland???) because colour comes from charcoal charred barrels the raw alcohol was aged in. I think I was 9 or 10 when I read that (my older brother had the novel), so that's a long-ago memory to dig up accurately. :D Anyway....stick to vodka, 'sniffer. But there's always gin, and now they make clear whiskeys as well.

Last night I finished off a nice, quaffable Cotes du Rhone I had opened for Sunday dinner, called Les Dauphins.

Jacob's Ghost by Jim Beam ftw. :thumbsup:

Smooth enough to drink straight, but I like it in Sprite or Sierra Mist (classy, right? :p). It's got a hint of vanilla to it. Really good stuff.

Three days is a fairly long dry-spell for this thread, but nothing like the drought of February 2015 when the thread was within three hours of being a whole week without a post.

That was totally my fault. It was Mardi Gras and I was busy drinking.

Just finished posting midterm grades after being up all night. Got to work at 9 am and not leaving until 10. In front of the class for ten solid hours.

I don't have anything to do tomorrow until 12:15 and it's just a teleconference.

soooo..........WHY IS IT ST. PATRICK'S DAY????? CAN'T I GET DRUNK IN PEACE TONIGHT??????

Just finished posting midterm grades after being up all night. Got to work at 9 am and not leaving until 10. In front of the class for ten solid hours.

I don't have anything to do tomorrow until 12:15 and it's just a teleconference.

soooo..........WHY IS IT ST. PATRICK'S DAY????? CAN'T I GET DRUNK IN PEACE TONIGHT??????

not totally your fault i was busy drinking at the beach and can't post there with regularity...

yes my dear we can get drunk tonight if for no other reason but to salute the leprechaun knocking at our door...

:cheers:

not totally your fault i was busy drinking at the beach and can't post there with regularity...

yes my dear we can get drunk tonight if for no other reason but to salute the leprechaun knocking at our door...

:cheers:

No one person should be too hard on themselves for that unfortunate incident. We are all equally responsible in ensuring that the thread does not go that long without a post.

Also is it advisable to offer a leprechaun alcohol if it shows up at your door? Are they fun to drink with or do they get mean?

Everyone here is on the bad behavior channel. The baby gone, so I THINK I am allowed to keep alcohol in the house again. Time to stock the bar.

:cheers: everyone who survived the day. My service industry pals are as crabby as I am after staying up all night to turn in midterm grades.

My best friend was here with an abscessed tooth ranting about Grover Norquist and the Bohemian Grove. We had to join forces to create a wall to protect ourselves from groups of bachelors putting their armpits in her face at the bar and young women putting their armpits in mine. I'm 40, the men aren't crowding my chair, I'm scary. The young ladies think I'm invisible or harmless. All parties are RUDE not to say, "Excuse me."

Empty nest resolution #1 Stock home bar

#2, Get RID of child-tolerant housemates

#3 Necro empty nest thread

woo-hoo only two more weeks of wine...then once again vodka rules.... :commie:

No one person should be too hard on themselves for that unfortunate incident. We are all equally responsible in ensuring that the thread does not go that long without a post.

Also is it advisable to offer a leprechaun alcohol if it shows up at your door? Are they fun to drink with or do they get mean?

always give alcohol to leprechauns...they not only will bring you luck but treats as well... :lol:

I missed St Patricks Day?

no way sweetie, because your friends were thinking of you...so you were there in spirit...all is well on that front

...here's hoping all is going as good as can be expected on all other fronts, Bex my friend...

Everyone here is on the bad behavior channel. The baby gone, so I THINK I am allowed to keep alcohol in the house again. Time to stock the bar.

:cheers: everyone who survived the day. My service industry pals are as crabby as I am after staying up all night to turn in midterm grades.

My best friend was here with an abscessed tooth ranting about Grover Norquist and the Bohemian Grove. We had to join forces to create a wall to protect ourselves from groups of bachelors putting their armpits in her face at the bar and young women putting their armpits in mine. I'm 40, the men aren't crowding my chair, I'm scary. The young ladies think I'm invisible or harmless. All parties are RUDE not to say, "Excuse me."

Empty nest resolution #1 Stock home bar

#2, Get RID of child-tolerant housemates

#3 Necro empty nest thread

cheers to you my friend for realizing times they are a changin'

next time i am in NO then we shall raise a glass together to childless homes..... :lol:

The vodka at the back of my fridge had been there for too long. It needed to be done.

Possibly not half an hour before I had to go meet someone for coffee on a Sunday afternoon, though. That may have been an error. I was dancing to Hozier, I blame his deceptively beautiful songs about terrible things. Every single one of Hozier's songs are about death, have you noticed that? Every single one, even the ones that initially seem like they're not. Think about the lyrics for a minute (e.g. 'she looks like sleep to the freezing') and you're like, holy crap, this song is also about death! Damn you Hozier.

ETA: Okay, so I may have been a wee bit nervous about this coffee meeting also. Liquid courage is a bad habit... but it seems to be working. Not at all nervous any more!

Archived