NFL 2015: Chip Kelly enters 3rd season of House of Cards

Jace, Extat

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE STUPID MOVES BY GRIGSON!!!

I'd send Trent Cole to the fucking glue factory.

Vibrant colored glue! Is that a thing!?!

We can accommodate whichever color you need.

Ok, I think I posted this idea last year, but here it goes again:

The NFL Free Agency period should be a reality show. The league needs to rent out a hotel/convention center for, say, 10 days, then invite all 32 NFL GMs & HCs, plus the top 100 free agents, and their attorneys/agents. They all get sealed inside while camera crews follow them around as they try to swindle each other. Make it like the combine, but with more money and bigger egos. Think how much more exciting even this year's FA period would be in that situation!

Okay, it gets odder.

UDPATE: Per Adam Caplan, we finally have the full terms of the trade. Eagles get QB Sam Bradford and 2015 fifth-round draft pick. Rams get QB Nick Foles, 2015 fourth-rounder, and 2016 second-rounder. Philly gets the 2nd rounder back if Bradford isn't the starter.

Which...yeah, I don't get this at all. Nick Foles is not a worldbeater, but at least he's not as injury prone. And while I think it's overblown it is the case that the Philly offense makes a QB more injury risking. Weird.

Okay, it gets odder.

Which...yeah, I don't get this at all. Nick Foles is not a worldbeater, but at least he's not as injury prone. And while I think it's overblown it is the case that the Philly offense makes a QB more injury risking. Weird.

'isn't the starter' obviously requires expansion, much of which I'd assume includes health/playing time allowances.

Okay, it gets odder.

So the 2nd rounder going to St. Louis IS correct. What a strange day. I then renew my statement that Chip Kelly is fucking idiot. :p

According to CBS Sports, it's

Eagles receive:

Sam Bradford

2015 5th rounder

Conditional 2016 3rd rounder if Sam Bradford starts no games in 2015 OR conditional 2016 4th rounder if Sam Bradford starts less than 50% of games.

Rams Recieve

Nick Foles

2015 4th rounder

2016 2nd rounder

Yeah, that's a terrible trade for the Eagles. And it looks like they are going to try and make it work with Bradford. We'll see how long that lasts. Pretty crazy that any coach would want to hitch his wagon to Sam Bradford.

Ok, really questioning Chip Kelly The Executive's moves and how it's gonna affect Chip Kelly the coach. Even if he knows something about Bradford we don't, that he can regain that #1 overall pick form, that he's a star waiting to break out...his current value still is not worth Nick Foles + 2nd rounder + $12m in additional.cap space used up in 2015. I like that he saved $10m on trading McCoy but to give all that back and more on Bradford over Foles is more than a little strange when there's legitimate debate which one is the better QB straight up. It's incredibly ballsy to say this guy who's never been better than league average will be better for me than a guy who put up a 27/2 TD/INT in my system, simply because this guy never had the chance to play for me whereas that guy benefited immeasurably from my genius.

He's a brilliant enough offensive mind he may even end being mostly right on that (though man his other moves mean he'll be doing it with one arm tied behind his back). But he's gotta be overwhelmingly right for this deal to make sense. Has to hit a Brees to New Orleans type HR for this to end up a win.

And if 6'6" 240 lbs Nick Foles can't stay healthy in his system, what chance does Sam Bradford have?

According to CBS Sports, it's

Eagles receive:

Sam Bradford

2015 5th rounder

Conditional 2016 3rd rounder if Sam Bradford starts no games in 2015 OR conditional 2016 4th rounder if Sam Bradford starts less than 50% of games.

Rams Recieve

Nick Foles

2015 4th rounder

2016 2nd rounder

Yeah, that's a terrible trade for the Eagles. And it looks like they are going to try and make it work with Bradford. We'll see how long that lasts. Pretty crazy that any coach would want to hitch his wagon to Sam Bradford.

Ok, Rams, I guess you're the ones to go after Mariota now. C'mon and give us back some of that RGIII trade booty....

Batshit. Completely insane day. Makes me sad, too - without the Bills, the teams I've been pulling most for have been the Colts, Eagles and Seahawks. I have a higher opinion of Andre Johnson than a lot of other folks in here, maybe, but IDK if any of those three have gotten better...

Revis back to the Jets. Booooo.

I was hearing stories that the difference between the Pats' and Jets' offer was $5 million in guaranteed money over three years. If that's the case, it's pretty disappointing the Pats didn't extend a little bit for him. That's basically what they saved by cutting Browner.

I was hearing stories that the difference between the Pats' and Jets' offer was $5 million in guaranteed money over three years. If that's the case, it's pretty disappointing the Pats didn't extend a little bit for him. That's basically what they saved by cutting Browner.

Revis money just isn't justified for the CB position anymore. I am sure evil Bill bid the Jets as high as possible before pulling the rug out from under them.

If that's the case, Revis could just as easily bent a little, re-signed with the Pats, and possibly gotten another championship, and start polishing his credentials for the HoF. Instead, it's back to a mess of an organization that will likely cut him in a few 5-11 seasons.

I understand not wanting to be lowballed, and I get the need to maximize your earnings over a very short career, but there are diminishing returns for each extra dollar earned.

Ok, really questioning Chip Kelly The Executive's moves and how it's gonna affect Chip Kelly the coach. Even if he knows something about Bradford we don't, that he can regain that #1 overall pick form, that he's a star waiting to break out...his current value still is not worth Nick Foles + 2nd rounder + $12m in additional.cap space used up in 2015. I like that he saved $10m on trading McCoy but to give all that back and more on Bradford over Foles is more than a little strange when there's legitimate debate which one is the better QB straight up. It's incredibly ballsy to say this guy who's never been better than league average will be better for me than a guy who put up a 27/2 TD/INT in my system, simply because this guy never had the chance to play for me whereas that guy benefited immeasurably from my genius.

Yeah, either Kelly is a lousy GM, or there is another step here in his master plan that hasn't occurred yet. Like Bradford to the Jets and a swap of first round picks or something.

Isn't that more of a case of Jake was just the last to know...

:lmao: But my guys Boers and Bernstein pointed out today, people are still willing to give millions of dollars to bad quarterbacks. Exhibit A: Josh McCown. ;)

Archived