Vikings VII: We'll always have Paris [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

I finally got a chance to watch the finale. I don't really understand why Ragnar didn't just take the Emporor hostage?

And good for Rollo true he's done many questionable things but that is probably because Ragnar just took his loyality for granted in the early days.

Glad to see it will get a season 4

All the subjects that I missed in the previous episodes for Ragnar to die and the story to continue with Rollo/Bjorn were in this one IMO. Bjorn had some leader advice from his father + he gained his trust by not telling anyone about Ragnars plan. And he had an awesome move which makes him a perfect leader (Just kidding, but it looked cool though). Rollo has the right set up to become a main character as well.

So yeah I can agree with some people that Bjorn (and Rollo) will become more important and that they might kill Ragnar off in the next season. But I think Ragnar still has some unfinished business with Floki.

Yeah Rollo will marry to the princess, but will he fight alongside or against Ragnar/Bjorn?!

I also saw a post that Bjorn did this trick in (presumed) Rome. Would be cool if Bjorn would conquer Rome, but since they pulled this one on Paris, what will they do there? (They are mixing up some history I suppose)..

Since Lagertha is supposed to be present at the wedding ceremony of Rollo and Gysla, that marriage will most likely not happen before next spring when the Vikings return.

Since Lagertha is supposed to be present at the wedding ceremony of Rollo and Gysla, that marriage will most likely not happen before next spring when the Vikings return.

That actually what I felt after the ‘Hello’ scene. It didn’t feel to me that they will sort things out before Ragnar returns.

I think that Ragnar will return to an engaged Rollo. Rollo won’t be protecting Paris against Ragnar, but they will make an agreement (I think Rollo has learned his lesson the first time they fought against eachother. Not that he is to weak, but he doesn’t have it in himself). So that would make it possible for (all of) them to take part in his wedding.

But they also have the shit in Wessex to solve… I wonder how they will fit that in.

I finally got a chance to watch the finale. I don't really understand why Ragnar didn't just take the Emporor hostage?

And good for Rollo true he's done many questionable things but that is probably because Ragnar just took his loyality for granted in the early days.

Ragnar noticed the reaction to his threat of the princess and realized she meant more to Count Odor than the emperor.

That actually what I felt after the ‘Hello’ scene. It didn’t feel to me that they will sort things out before Ragnar returns.

I think that Ragnar will return to an engaged Rollo. Rollo won’t be protecting Paris against Ragnar, but they will make an agreement (I think Rollo has learned his lesson the first time they fought against eachother. Not that he is to weak, but he doesn’t have it in himself). So that would make it possible for (all of) them to take part in his wedding.

But they also have the shit in Wessex to solve… I wonder how they will fit that in.

Well season 4 will be 16 episodes, so I think they can fit all the storylines.

I don't like the fake death scenes, they rarely feel right to me. Ok, yeah I'm glad Ragnar isn't dead but still.

I think it would have been better if Bjorn had come out of the box, basically his ascension to King. That said..

Liked hearing Lagertha admit she still loves Ragnar, hopefully he heard their confessions.

Liked Bjorn being the trusted one to know what the plan was.

Really liked Rollo's "hello" !

Looking forward to next season and a possible colaboration between the French group and Vikings to march on Wessex.

I liked a lot of things:

-Athelstan's fate (I like him as much as Floki)

-Lagertha and Rollo

-Gisla on the battlefield

-that Ragnar is alive

-Rollo's hello

This season was much better than I expected.

First of all their is Hirsts anti-christian bias. Hirst just can't abide normal, sane, competent people to object against the destruction brought on by the Vikings. He has to show that these people just deserve to be cast down. That's why every single Christian antagonist is either a whimpering fool (Charles, Kwenthrith's brother, Aelle to some extent) or has some sort of weird sexual fetish (Ecbert wants to fuck his daughter-in-law, Odo is a sadist and Kwenthrith's uncle loved raping his niece). All the while, the Vikings own attrocities are played down to a ludicrous extent (we saw nothing at all of the Vikings rampage to Paris). A far cry from season one where the Vikings were actually shown to be - you know - like actual Vikings. Don't get me wrong, I get that a little protagonist bias is a good thing and carries us a long way, but this is just taking on ridiculous proportions.

Well,to be fair, the Christians are the ones that actually let an enemy king convert and receive burial rites.

Right, because Rollo is his brother. What was Ragnar supposed to do? Give Rollo his wife Lagertha since he was jealous?

This is good news. glad to hear that a time jump will take place

and new characters are a must after siggy and athelstan have left. I just hope they resolve some storylines before (cough Kalf cough) they introduce new ones.

Archived