What will be done with Davos now?

Davos gets to the Wall, learns about Shireen, marches back to Stannis, Jon is stabbed, Davos kills Melisandre, and Jon wakes up?

The pointlessness of Davos' journey to the wall and back, combined with the lack of any mechanism to resurrect Jon Snow has me convinced that this is exactly what D&D will do.

I think that the idea is that Stannis sent Davos away precisely BECAUSE he knew that Davos wouldn't be onboard with the whole "burning Shireen" thing. We can debate whether the show conveyed that well or not, but that's what I got out of it.

Totally off topic: If someone's posting things that irritate you, it's best to just click on your name at the top of the screen, click ignore settings, and put their name in the little box. Easy peasy!

On topic: I can't imagine honorable Davos going back into Stannis's service after that horror, but by the same light, I can't imagine Stannis having done it. That's given me an ache in my head and my heart since Sunday. Ugh.

I do hope the GNC might come into play here and Davos go in search of Rickon. Does Sam know where Osha and Rickon went? IIRC, they went to Umberville?

Will Unsullied viewers even remember that Balon is King of anything in the show?

Yes, they mentioned him a couple of times this season. It appears they are laying the groundwork to revive that thread next season. They will have to do more to remind them, but it appears to have started.

(By the way, is Sansa considered king's blood since her brother was a king? If so, it can be positioned that she is at risk from Stannis too.

King's blood may be needed to stop a blizzard.

But Lord's blood might be enough to stop a downpour or to repair the radiators :devil:

I got the impression from her conversation with Qyburn that she had tried to send a message to Jaime for help, but I could be wrong.

You're right about Stannis's tendency to be honest, but he won't advertise the fact of his daughter's sacrifice without reason. However, he would now need an heir. A couple of somewhat crazy options would be: 1) to adopt Jon Snow and name him heir (which would be a reason to send a note to the wall and explain that Shireen is dead) and 2) Plan to cast aside Selyse for a new wife. He could send Davos with an overture to some eligible woman (Asha/Yara, a highborn Northern woman, etc). and that might justify a letter to the wall.

Very slightly more likely, Roose/Ramsay hear about it and send ravens out to the world about Stannis's crime (like Stannis did re: Jaime and Cersei in Season 2 Ep 1). (By the way, is Sansa considered king's blood since her brother was a king? If so, it can be positioned that she is at risk from Stannis too.

The Blood of Winterfell have the Blood of the Kings of Winter, what season are we in now?

Has there been any mention of Davos's wife and other sons that may or not be alive in the show? I can see Davos leaving Stannis's service and helping the Starks as he has no one else honorable to serve and he is a good servant and is meant to be as such. That or he joins the night's watch.

Has there been any mention of Davos's wife and other sons that may or not be alive in the show? I can see Davos leaving Stannis's service and helping the Starks as he has no one else honorable to serve and he is a good servant and is meant to be as such. That or he joins the night's watch.

In show, only the one son, in book he sends a letter to his wife and kids apologizing for not being a better husband and father.

I can't imagine Stannis having done it. That's given me an ache in my head and my heart since Sunday. Ugh.

Are we talking about the same Stannis here? The Stannis that got his only brother killed and was willing to burn his nephew?

Trying to adapt the books D&D style :

Davos is obeying orders and was asked to bring men backs to help Stannis.

But Jon is an exemplary nightswatch leader focused on the threat of the Others and won't get involved in realms affairs.

Desperate after his refusal, Davos stabs Jon shouting "For the True King !" (but also crying as he's a good guy)

In the resulting chaos wildlings take control of Castle Black (scene featuring Olly being dismembered by Wun Wun, CGI shock moment !)

After securing an alliance by marrying a wildling princess, Davos moves south with the Wildlings army.

He helps Stannis take Winterfell but discovering the sacrifice of Shireen he decides to avenge her.

He kills Melissandre, make a bowl of brown with her corpse (he's from flee bottom he's not into pies + it also adapts some Tyrion plot), and serve it to Stannis and Selyse.

During the dinner he reads them the rat cook story, and when they ask where is Mel mysteriously answers "Your child remembers.".

Important plot points should be given to characters we are invested in. ;)

Sansa arrives at Castle Black whiles he's there, has already heard about Shireen (or finds out then) so he isn't team Stannis anymore, Sansa reveals that Rickon is alive and Davos gets sent to find him. Brienne goes off to kill Stannis or has already done so.

Sansa doesn't but her letter does to Jon does. Jon takes the place of Manderly and delivers the "Bring me back my liege lord" speech slightly altered - "Stannis wants food? Bring me back my brother. Bring me back the Lord of Winterfell."

I burst into tears.

Jon reads Sansa's letter to the Watch. Tells Tormund to go help Stannis. Olly stabs the ever-loving sheet out of Jon.

Sansa doesn't but her letter does to Jon does. Jon takes the place of Manderly and delivers the "Bring me back my liege lord" speech slightly altered - "Stannis wants food? Bring me back my brother. Bring me back the Lord of Winterfell."

I burst into tears.

Jon reads Sansa's letter to the Watch. Tells Tormund to go help Stannis. Olly stabs the ever-loving sheet out of Jon.

Since the Manderly's have been cut (What a shame) this is probably the best case scenario IMO.

I just had a thought (posted in the episode 10 forum). Stannis takes Winterfell (with Sansa's help); Stannis gets ready to burn Sansa (she has king's blood and, darnit, the Wifi went out); Brienne arrives in time to save Sansa, and also to honor her vow to avenge Renly, by killing Stannis; Selyse, mad with grief, kills Melisandre then herself; Davos arrives back from the Wall in time to order the men (now attacking Brienne) to stand down. They obey. Sansa feeds and shelters them; they in turn swear fealty to her. The Starks are restored, the North rallies to her again, and Davos gets to remain the hero, unsullied by further complicity with King Stannis Stinkbug or by dereliction of duty. Best of all, once that's done, we have a plausible basis for Davos being sent to fetch Rickon -- now on the orders of his queen, Sansa, and perhaps enriched by knowledge given him by Sam during his last visit to Castle Black.

Trying to adapt the books D&D style :

Davos is obeying orders and was asked to bring men backs to help Stannis.

But Jon is an exemplary nightswatch leader focused on the threat of the Others and won't get involved in realms affairs.

Desperate after his refusal, Davos stabs Jon shouting "For the True King !" (but also crying as he's a good guy)

In the resulting chaos wildlings take control of Castle Black (scene featuring Olly being dismembered by Wun Wun, CGI shock moment !)

After securing an alliance by marrying a wildling princess, Davos moves south with the Wildlings army.

He helps Stannis take Winterfell but discovering the sacrifice of Shireen he decides to avenge her.

He kills Melissandre, make a bowl of brown with her corpse (he's from flee bottom he's not into pies + it also adapts some Tyrion plot), and serve it to Stannis and Selyse.

During the dinner he reads them the rat cook story, and when they ask where is Mel mysteriously answers "Your child remembers.".

Important plot points should be given to characters we are invested in. ;)

This is better than anything D&D have ever come up with. Cheers, sir.

Knowing how D&D write, this is what will happen in Episode 10.

Arya will travel back to Winterfell where it will be revealed that Sansa was in fact Arya the whole time, and Arya was in fact Oberyn Martel reanimated.

Davos stabs Jon for refusing to send supplies and men to Stannis, but at the last second Jon wargs into Tyrion who jumps on Drogon and flies back to Westerost to save Jon.

Meanwhile, Jorah leads an army of Meereenese to Dorne, where Theon and Benjen Stark (shocker) have been plotting to make Cersei gay. Cersei is caught for being gay and made to walk naked, all the way to Winterfell, where she teams up with Oberyn Martel to to resurrect Ned Stark and lead the war against the White Walkers and the Zombie Army, which will take up all 10 episodes of Season 6.

Internet explodes.

Are we talking about the same Stannis here? The Stannis that got his only brother killed and was willing to burn his nephew?

I literally cannot wrap my head around how people keep defending the burning scene in the show, mostly with arguments similar to this.

Renly was gonna kill Stannis the very next day. Stannis did not kill him, that was Melisandre. Stannis was actually unaware that he was responsible for killing Renly and it is never explicitly stated in the books that he's ever fully convinced that he's responsible. His conversations with Davos even seem to suggest that he thinks he's innocent. Even so, his whole act of killing Renly can be seen as an act of self-defense.

Yes, it was a bad move from Stannis and he's a morally grey character, but I don't see how the murder of Renly can in any way justify the sacrifice of Shireen. There's no connection here.

As for Edric Storm. We never find out in the books what Stannis final decision was (Davos interrupts him). Plus, it tormented Stannis for MONTHS and he kept saying no to Melisandre. It was an incredibly hard decision for him. It was Stannis who suggested the leeching because he didn't want to burn Edric (at that time). It doesn't make any sense that Stannis would be so tormented over Edric yet he would burn Shireen in a heartbeat.

Stannis in ADwD/TWoW is also a changed man. The snowstorm he faces in the books is much, much worse than that in the show. His men resort to cannibalism. He's in deep, deep trouble and still he doesn't want to burn Asha, his sworn enemy. If that won't convince you that the burning of Shireen in the show is pure shock factor and complete bullshit, then I don't know what will.

Archived