Video Games: Deus X-Machinima (E3 Fallout)

Werthead

I'm 99.99% sure the PS4 isn't region locked. So... the agony may not be continuing much longer. :)

No region locking, same with PS3. I really appreciate being able to play imports. :lol:

Why does The Last of Us have to be SOOOOOOOOO good?

I'm considering buying a PS4 just to play the remastered edition.

If you do, you might want to consider holding off just a little longer. IIRC Sony are launching the 1TB PS4 next week in the UK with a free PlayStation TV. Even if you're not in Europe, it's probably a decent bet that the deal will follow elsewhere.

No region locking, same with PS3. I really appreciate being able to play imports. :lol:

If you do, you might want to consider holding off just a little longer. IIRC Sony are launching the 1TB PS4 next week in the UK with a free PlayStation TV. Even if you're not in Europe, it's probably a decent bet that the deal will follow elsewhere.

You give me strength...

I also enjoyed Witcher 2. It certainly holds up on PC. The story was fun, but is not the open world that W3 is. Your choices make for interesting allies/enemies. It's definitely worth a play.

ETA: I've wanted to play Heavy Rain for years, and never had a PS3, so clearly I've been a strong supporter of the game being brought to PS Now (Since I currently have a PS4), or remastered, and recently found out that the game is being remastered, but only for Europe, and not North America. The agony continues...

I'm 99.99% sure the PS4 isn't region locked. So... the agony may not be continuing much longer. :)

Correct, 99.99% of PS4 games are not region-locked. Some games are. And you can get caught out with expansion material and DLC (not that Heavy Rain has any of that). Usually expansion content and DLC will only work with the region version of the original game. So if you go on holiday to Europe and buy a bunch of games that have DLC, then the DLC in the US PSN store may not be compatible. But of course you can always set up an EU PSN account to buy stuff off the EU PSN store. Loads of EU region people (which includes Aus and NZ) have US and Japan PSN accounts.

How do you know it's good? For me it's one of my favourite games, but some people don't like it at all. I worry that people think about buying a console for one game that has received huge amounts of praise, because sometimes that leads to a major case of buyer's remorse. I hope there are other reasons for buying a PS4 than TLOUR. I think it's a relatively low risk investment because there's a good chance you will like TLOU a lot, but it's still a risk than can be mitigated if you are looking forward to other exclusive PS4 games.

Correct, 99.99% of PS4 games are not region-locked. Some games are. And you can get caught out with expansion material and DLC (not that Heavy Rain has any of that). Usually expansion content and DLC will only work with the region version of the original game. So if you go on holiday to Europe and buy a bunch of games that have DLC, then the DLC in the US PSN store may not be compatible. But of course you can always set up an EU PSN account to buy stuff off the EU PSN store. Loads of EU region people (which includes Aus and NZ) have US and Japan PSN accounts.

If i can get my hands on it then I'll be happy.

In my top games ever. Maybe number one. It just tugs at your heart.

Arrg. The good people at Gog.com said they can't say whether or not their games will work on Windows 10. I can't see a responsible way to purchase a slate of new games when I don't know if they'll work in three weeks. Blerg.

Arrg. The good people at Gog.com said they can't say whether or not their games will work on Windows 10. I can't see a responsible way to purchase a slate of new games when I don't know if they'll work in three weeks. Blerg.

i would be happy to test it out. What games?

Thanks for the offer... but it's mostly older games, from the 1990s. I don't fret so much over newer games - I assume Witcher 1/2 will work just fine. But Heroes of Might and Magic II or III?

Honestly, I don't need new games. I'll be starting a new job and settling into a new country the same day/week I get Windows 10, so I won't have a lot of time for games anyway. I can be patient and wait for testing and tweaking for games. I just got excited about playing Lords of the Realm II again for six bucks :)

While I agree with the video, the reason why Batman and The Witcher have that combat is because their protagonists are stupidly overpowered - Batman has all his gadgets, armour, and training, while Geralt is a mutant with superhuman reflexes and everything. Ironically, if the games had the level of control of the older titles, it would potentially make the game unplayably hard since only some really good or at least persistent players would be able to master. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, tbh, but it's not gonna happen as it stands.

While I agree with the video, the reason why Batman and The Witcher have that combat is because their protagonists are stupidly overpowered - Batman has all his gadgets, armour, and training, while Geralt is a mutant with superhuman reflexes and everything. Ironically, if the games had the level of control of the older titles, it would potentially make the game unplayably hard since only some really good or at least persistent players would be able to master. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, tbh, but it's not gonna happen as it stands.

I generally blacklist every action game (if say, it isn't something like the old style - pre RE4 - Resident Evil, puzzle based), prefering the more relaxed pace of hard turn-based games (very rare too because of pathetic tactical skill of players nowadays), and even i think this crap is pathetic.

Granted, the gaming industry broke my heart before when FPS first got popular. FPS killed adventure gaming. And i hate it for it.

The only worthy series on consoles of the last 5 years was Valkyria Chronicles, that's how bad it is. Even there, i got S-rank on first try of every single mission except one in VC2 and two in VC3.

Non-portable console gaming is dead.

The only worthy series on consoles of the last 5 years was Valkyria Chronicles, that's how bad it is. Even there, i got S-rank on first try of every single mission except one in VC2 and two in VC3.

Non-portable console gaming is dead.

I remember that, remember it being really fun too. Story near the end pissed me off though. More tanks and soldiers, less magic and boss battles please

Combat in the Arkham games is mostly very easy, true, but there is the minor point that there are fights in Arkham City and Knight in which you can't just mash x to win. He does have a valid point though.

On the highest difficulty, you can barely ever attack straight on. You need to plan, sneak, stealth, and attack one by one.

Well, got my platinum yesterday for Bloodborne. Third 'souls' game that I have. Now it's back to Witcher, though I'm having a hard time playing games when it's so nice out and I'm making such good progress renovating my house.

I think we're going to see a lot of general disclaimers like that from a lot of the major retailers, and for the most part, I wouldn't expect it to be a major issue, at least not for long. GOG are probably the most vulnerable though due to their games generally being older. I'm relatively optimistic that there won't be too many that stop working though, and GOG will probably do what they can to ensure they do.

Thanks for the offer... but it's mostly older games, from the 1990s. I don't fret so much over newer games - I assume Witcher 1/2 will work just fine. But Heroes of Might and Magic II or III?

Older GOG games tend to run in DOSBox, not the OS proper, and as that is definitely going to run under Windows10 very soon (if it doesn't already) older stuff should be the least of your worries. I am, however, too lazy to check whether HoMM 2 and 3 use DOSBox. but given their age it is almost a certainty.

On the highest difficulty, you can barely ever attack straight on. You need to plan, sneak, stealth, and attack one by one.

I've only played City on hard, admittedly not in the mode where the prompts are disabled, and I did notice that it was more challenging, but I was still able to take on large crowds as you have to during the story. You just have to react faster and use all the quickfire gadgets. Blindly button mashing won't work.

I find it a lot of fun, even if it's not too hard.

Archived