Video Games: Deus X-Machinima (E3 Fallout)

Werthead

Mistah J, what did you think of Arkham Knight?

Great game, but way too much batmobile-needed missions.

I thought it wss going to be an optional type thing....but it became needed and annoying.

Stil going to replay it eventually, and i thought the story was the best so far...but arkham city was better overall.

Just went out and bought Arkham Knight for my birthday, my son is also coming home from university for a week and he's played all the Arkham games so it was a timely purchase. I didn;t see any copies of The Witcher III on the shelves so I asked the sales person about it. He said they've sold out of the Witcher III, across all stores in the country. So far at that retailer TW3 is 2:1 over Arkham Knight. Though some of that difference is because it's been out a month longer. But still, with Arkham being on 3 platforms since it began vs. The Witcher only just expanding to Playstation with this 3rd game that is a very impressive sales performance for The Witcher.

I also bought Sorcery (PS3 Move game), but that was because the store was doing a special deal where if you buy one PS3 Move game you get to buy a Move charge cradle for $1. So basically I see it as buying the Move charge cradle for $23 as opposed to its normal price being $55. Before you say $22 is a lot for an old and not successful game it is worth noting that new release price for AAA games is $110. So it's equivalent to paying $12 in a $60 new release market. Only now I need to get my PS3 back so I can actually give the game a try.

So, Zero Escape Vol.3 was announced last week, with Uchikoshi specifying that he won't have to pander the the Japanese market this time around. (Thank God)

Considering I loved 999, and really enjoyed Virtue's Last Reward, I'll definitively be buying it, hell, it might be the first game I pre-order in forever. Anyone else interested?

I have ordered The Last of us remastered yesterday to see what the fuss is all about. Never played it on the PS3.

I am looking very much forward to Dark Souls 3. Still have to play Bloodborne.

Did anyone play Lords of the Fallen? Looks not too bad but got mixed reviews...

LotF is alright. It's pretty but it doesn't run very well (at least on PC). Combat is Souls-style but much slower and heavier from what I remember. The atmosphere and story didn't really grab me like the Souls games do though. Never got very far in it before I lost interest. I'd just get Bloodborne. If you're still antsy for more Souls after that and can't wait for DkS3 then maybe give Lords a shot.

LotF is alright. It's pretty but it doesn't run very well (at least on PC). Combat is Souls-style but much slower and heavier from what I remember. The atmosphere and story didn't really grab me like the Souls games do though. Never got very far in it before I lost interest. I'd just get Bloodborne. If you're still antsy for more Souls after that and can't wait for DkS3 then maybe give Lords a shot.

Pretty much my thought as well. It was also REALLY buggy for the PS4. Had to restart a character because the other one had 1/2 the health vials and kept losing them as I progressed. The 2nd time was better, and I found a better weapon (small axe) that was faster, but it was still pretty clunky. Bloodborne was MUCH better.

So, Zero Escape Vol.3 was announced last week, with Uchikoshi specifying that he won't have to pander the the Japanese market this time around. (Thank God)

Considering I loved 999, and really enjoyed Virtue's Last Reward, I'll definitively be buying it, hell, it might be the first game I pre-order in forever. Anyone else interested?

I absolutely am. The game has immediately become my most anticipated game of next year.

Happy to hear that the sniper active downing has been banished from the Gears Ultimate Edition after much complaining throughout the beta. Way too many people during the first Gears got comfortable with getting active down body shots. It's lame, and easy. I respect the people who were good enough to get head shots with the Longshot, but despise the populace that went for the easy way out. Simple solution was to get rid of it after the beta proved it was the same as the original. Rod Fergusson has my undivided Gears attention. Cheers, ser.

ETA: Spelling.

Yeah just replied to your PM. 3 left after those who have already PMed me or requested it in here.

First come first serve. :P

I will be sending them out tonight around 7pm once i am home, for those who already asked today.

If you still got one I'd be interested.

I only recently stumbled across GOG.com. Eek, all my old favorites! I am waiting to hear back from them about how the games will react to Windows 10 before I purchase, but I've got 8 titles in my shopping cart right now :)

ETA: Anyone have experience with Witcher 2? The screenshots don't make my fall in love with it. I gotta say that I seem to prefer less-open RPGs. I love Dragon Age, for example, and Might and Magic series games. But even though I enjoy Oblivion, I got kind of bored. There was a story, but it didn't seem to matter at all. Maybe because I had the Realm of Madness expansion and that distracted me... I dunno. Point is, the reviews at GOG focus on that website, rather than the game itself. Since I can't do the new one, can anyone give me some ideas about its predecessor?

I only recently stumbled across GOG.com. Eek, all my old favorites! I am waiting to hear back from them about how the games will react to Windows 10 before I purchase, but I've got 8 titles in my shopping cart right now :)

ETA: Anyone have experience with Witcher 2? The screenshots don't make my fall in love with it. I gotta say that I seem to prefer less-open RPGs. I love Dragon Age, for example, and Might and Magic series games. But even though I enjoy Oblivion, I got kind of bored. There was a story, but it didn't seem to matter at all. Maybe because I had the Realm of Madness expansion and that distracted me... I dunno. Point is, the reviews at GOG focus on that website, rather than the game itself. Since I can't do the new one, can anyone give me some ideas about its predecessor?

Witcher 2 is fairly plot-oriented and certainly isn't an open RPG. I personally think the writing is far better than any of the Dragon Ages or Oblivion, but a lot of people got hung up on the fact that you're playing Geralt instead of your own self-insert character, and he's got some of his own personality. Combat's kind of like a like a floaty *souls-esque deal that's not quite as good, but more engaging than DAO's. If you felt like the story didn't matter in Oblivion, then this might be the game for you. The entire second act is split into two mutually exclusive paths and that makes the third act take on a very, very different tone.

I personally really liked it.

Cool, sounds like my cup of tea. Geralt instead of a self-inserted character... is this a reference to the original Witcher game? I've not played that, either. There was a criticism of DA2 that one must play Hawke, instead of a self-inserted character, such as one from DA:O.

Maybe I should pick up both Witchers and just admit that my ability to leave the apartment is going to wither and die :D

I also enjoyed Witcher 2. It certainly holds up on PC. The story was fun, but is not the open world that W3 is. Your choices make for interesting allies/enemies. It's definitely worth a play.

ETA: I've wanted to play Heavy Rain for years, and never had a PS3, so clearly I've been a strong supporter of the game being brought to PS Now (Since I currently have a PS4), or remastered, and recently found out that the game is being remastered, but only for Europe, and not North America. The agony continues...

Been playing Dust: An Elysium Tale, which is another thing I picked up in the steam sale. I had no idea what it was, and I certainly wasn't expecting what it is, but I really like it. The combat's fun, the voice acting is (mostly) charming, and the art style is gorgeous.

Also been continuing my XCOM: Enemy Within campaign. EXALT adds a nice change of pace, and the game also came with two mission packs (Zhang's and Annette's) that I hadn't played before, but it still all feels too easy. That's partly my fault, I refuse to dare take on Impossible and I didn't activate any of the various other options; its just straight Classic, with all potential missions available. Its August now, my satellite coverage is 12/16 and I haven't lost any countries. I've only lost three soldiers total, though I have ended up with a lot more wounded soldiers than I remember from the base game, but that just serves to round out my team, so I've got 5 colonels, 3 majors, 3 captains, 1 lieutentant, and a mix of corporals and squaddies. My research is right no pace with where it should be, so everyone's well-equipped too.

And I'm still playing The Secret World. Thanks to steam, I know I've put 55 hours into it, which is a much higher total than I usually put into games, and I don't feel bored yet, so that's a real testament to the game design. It helps that there's so many different abilities that there are literally millions (possibly billions, although many would be completely ineffective) of potential ability combinations, so I can completely change my play style anytime I feel like a change of pace is needed.

Archived