US Politics: Now with Alt Facts

davos

Interesting article.  Notice the URL is different from the title of the piece.  http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trump-aides-cant-stop-blabbing-about-how-hes-a-madman.html

Trump Aides Keep Leaking Embarrassing Stories About How He Can’t Handle Embarrassment

Spicer's latest attempt at damage control regarding "alternative facts" is to compare the presentation of these "facts" with a meteorologist interpreting the weather data to try to make an accurate prediction. :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/sean-spicer-defends-using-alternative-facts-says-theyre-070515714--abc-news-topstories.html

14 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I never thought that speaking the truth in this country would be an act of rebellion. Bravo.

Golden Gate NP took up the mantle after Badlands' tweets were deleted. Good for them too! I sent Badlands an email thanking them. Their official stance is that it was a former employee who did it but whatever. I'm still grateful. We're heading to Yellowstone this summer and since we're driving the Badlands (and Glacier) are on the itinerary as well. 

We liberal snowflakes are becoming an avalanche. 

Part of me gets the feeling that just constantly keeping the pressure on Trump will at some point cause him to flip spectacularly, to the extent people start to refuse to follow orders. 

I mean just thinking about the whole thing in Standing Rock, if the protesters end up back in there and a bunch of veterans go along to help them, what would happen if he loses his shit and orders the police (read hired mercenaries) to shoot to kill? Or what If in the future there is some delicate international negotiation going on (hostage release or whatever) and he goes on a twitter rampage. 

How long before his temper tantrums cause serious life/death catastrophe and it all falls apart?

I honestly can't see him lasting 4 years, something big will go down and he'll lose his rag and have to be forced out or disappear in shame. Either that or your poor country is going back to the dark ages over the next four years. 

14 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

Part of me gets the feeling that just constantly keeping the pressure on Trump will at some point cause him to flip spectacularly, to the extent people start to refuse to follow orders. 

I mean just thinking about the whole thing in Standing Rock, if the protesters end up back in there and a bunch of veterans go along to help them, what would happen if he loses his shit and orders the police (read hired mercenaries) to shoot to kill? Or what If in the future there is some delicate international negotiation going on (hostage release or whatever) and he goes on a twitter rampage. 

How long before his temper tantrums cause serious life/death catastrophe and it all falls apart?

I honestly can't see him lasting 4 years, something big will go down and he'll lose his rag and have to be forced out or disappear in shame. Either that or your poor country is going back to the dark ages over the next four years. 

We're not fighting only Trump, but Congress as well. We can't stop with just him. 

10 hours ago, Samantha Stark said:
  • Clearing quote

55 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I never thought that speaking the truth in this country would be an act of rebellion. Bravo.

Golden Gate NP took up the mantle after Badlands' tweets were deleted. Good for them too! I sent Badlands an email thanking them. Their official stance is that it was a former employee who did it but whatever. I'm still grateful. We're heading to Yellowstone this summer and since we're driving the Badlands (and Glacier) are on the itinerary as well. 

We liberal snowflakes are becoming an avalanche. 

Well, enjoy your trip.  Those parks might be condos, oilfields, and golf courses in a few years.

1 minute ago, larrytheimp said:

Well, enjoy your trip.  Those parks might be condos, oilfields, and golf courses in a few years.

I know. :( That's why we decided to go now, while we still can. For all we know, in a year you'll need papers to travel state to state.

I also joined the National Parks Foundation. It's that important to me.

Since the people at Badlands and GG were so awesome, it's time for some rogue IRS employee to step up and release Trump's tax returns. 

21 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Already many press agencies are indicating that they will protect sources and are showcasing the various ways to get information discreetly and secretly. 

It will be interesting to see if the government uses the NSA/FBI power to find out and punish whistleblowers.

I am sure Assange will be there to help.  /sarcasm.  Useless Russian nationalist.

Is it not crazy he is now going after voter fraud?

i mean he always banged on about it being rigged to allow Hilary to win, but that didn't happen. Sonis he still arguing it was rigged in her favour despite winning? I've heard of bad losers but he's just a bad winner. 

The only logical reason I can see for this being pushed is Republicans will use the "evidence" of voter fraud to basically redo a lot of voting constituencies, basically remaking everything in their favour. It's the perfect time for them to use as an excuse for serious gerrymandering and the like to move things so much in their favour they can never loose again. 

Its just an excuse to let them rig the system in their favour for the future. Using alt-facts about fraud is the perfect cover. 

1 minute ago, Lordsteve666 said:

Is it not crazy he is now going after voter fraud?

i mean he always banged on about it being rigged to allow Hilary to win, but that didn't happen. Sonis he still arguing it was rigged in her favour despite winning? I've heard of bad losers but he's just a bad winner. 

The only logical reason I can see for this being pushed is Republicans will use the "evidence" of voter fraud to basically redo a lot of voting constituencies, basically remaking everything in their favour. It's the perfect time for them to use as an excuse for serious gerrymandering and the like to move things so much in their favour they can never loose again. 

Its just an excuse to let them rig the system in their favour for the future. Using alt-facts about fraud is the perfect cover. 

That's exactly what's going to happen. 

6 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

That's exactly what's going to happen. 

Yeah it's looking really worrying if I'm honest. 

First discredit the media, making out everything they say is lies. 

Now replace that media with your own alternative versions of events.

Then shut down any operations within government that might not "agree" with your policies (hello EPA, park's service etc).

Round up any "aliens" you don't like the look of and you feel threaten you little kingdom.

Then set about fiddling the system to ensure you can lose power in the future. 

I honestly dread to think what's next on the agenda....

Archived