College Basketball: Tournament Time

S John

15 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I think we might as well shut our bracket down right now, because we've got our winner!  (100% serious) 

I have won it one year but I was following college basketball more then, now it's a passing interest at best. I think I spent an entire 3 minutes on the bracket but I like the fun of following it.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I have won it one year but I was following college basketball more then, now it's a passing interest at best. I think I spent an entire 3 minutes on the bracket but I like the fun of following it.

I think that's REG's point.  Very often it seems the folks who follow the sport the least end up guessing best in the brackets.  I'll never forget my ex brother-in-law who had never watched a CBB game in his life, picked straight chalk the year all four 1-seeds made the Final Four (and correctly guessed the winners there) and got 99th percentile in the Yahoo brackets. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I think that's REG's point.  Very often it seems the folks who follow the sport the least end up guessing best in the brackets.  I'll never forget my ex brother-in-law who had never watched a CBB game in his life, picked straight chalk the year all four 1-seeds made the Final Four (and correctly guessed the winners there) and got 99th percentile in the Yahoo brackets. :lol: 

Yeah. One year I spent hours analyzing a pool, checking and comparing all of the different "experts" lists and making what should have been a great bracket, only to end up middle of the pack. You just never know.

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is there a limit to the number of people that can join? If not, we should start @ing people.

No limit that I'm aware of, so share all you like! I think we had 20 last year.  

On 3/8/2017 at 7:10 PM, Ded As Ned said:

43 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

No limit that I'm aware of, so share all you like! I think we had 20 last year.  

Good, cause I've got some people to call out:

@Fez @Jaime L @Pony Queen Jace @Mexal @Maithanet @Manhole Eunuchsbane @Week

You jabronies have been called out, and more jabronies will be called out as I think of them!

11 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Mr. Bradley Bucknell?  He's good friends with Robert Morris isn't he?

????  I have no memory of this.  Maybe you're referring to the Year That Never Happened.

(besides, that was the NIT, so it doesn't count) :P 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Good, cause I've got some people to call out:

@Fez @Jaime L @Pony Queen Jace @Mexal @Maithanet @Manhole Eunuchsbane @Week

You jabronies have been called out, and more jabronies will be called out as I think of them!

I threw my fail bracket into the ring. Good luck all!

I have to wait until Thursday to defend my brilliance* and/or make fun of brackets that I don't understand - boo!

*Never played basketball** or watched the NCAA outside of Finals

**I did play drunk pickup in college under the lights (well, the lights were on at night) ... I both twisted my ankle and woke up nearby dorms with the sound of my shot hitting the backboard (that's not a sign of skill???)

43 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm in I suppose. Though I'm not happy with the number of Florida teams in my final four.

If the number of teams from the state of Florida in your Final Four is greater than zero... then you have too many.

See people, peer pressure isn't always bad.

Now for the ultimate coup, @Theda Baratheon, will you make a bracket? It only takes a few minutes, and it will be incredibly funny to see how many people you beat (unless I'm mistaken and you're secretly a huge American college basketball fan :P).

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

See people, peer pressure isn't always bad.

Now for the ultimate coup, @Theda Baratheon, will you make a bracket? It only takes a few minutes, and it will be incredibly funny to see how many people you beat (unless I'm mistaken and you're secretly a huge American college basketball fan :P).

I never thought I would be mentioned in this thread LMAO 

I'm confused ! What is a bracket! I don't know anything about basketball! 

Long ago, I believe @Arbor Gold used to poke in from time to time... UCLA fan?  We must have someone here that actually likes Lavar Ball.

@Mother of Dragons was a UofL fan?  Is that right?

@Switchback the Second was Florida?

There have been so many people who poked in from time to time over the years that I've forgotten everyone.

9 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

????  I have no memory of this.  Maybe you're referring to the Year That Never Happened.

(besides, that was the NIT, so it doesn't count) :P 

I was at the NIT game against Bobby Mo. That place was crazy.

Archived