Martini Sigil

R,I.P. Thread

When I was listening to Baseball On radio in the 70's in Southern California, I was spoiled rotten. Enberg was the second best in the region, but one of the all-time greats. 

Johnny Bower, the greatest Maple Leaf goalie ever. I met him once and he was a ery nice guy. I have large hands but shaking his was like shaking hands with a baseball glove. 

That’s sad she went so young. The Cranberries were such a quintessential 90’s band.  I definitely feel nostalgic if I hear them. 

Sucks.  This is probably, maybe definitely weird, but when I think Cranberries, I think "Ode to My Family," which is totally all her.  RIP.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

John Mahoney at 77. Always liked him on Frasier. He was in some good movies, too. 

Frasier is one of my all time favorite sitcoms, everyone in that cast and production were top notch.

John Mahoney played a crusty but lovable dad, and while I like goofy dad characters it was a nice change that Mahoney played a dad that gave as good as he got. The kind of actor that could play a dad and you'd get the real feels.

Also great in Say, Anything and his numerous work as a character actor in countless movies and TV shows.

RIP

I started watching Frasier when I was going through a divorce.  I was living with my parents at the time and we would sit as a family and watch the 1 hour of Frasier that was on TBS everynight at like 6pm.  It really helped me through some dark times.  John Mahoney as the dad was great.  He had the right amount of love and curmudgeon combined.  Sad to see him go.

Mahoney was a great actor.  I looked it up yesterday (because I couldn't believe he was only 77) and he was only 53 when Frasier started. I would have thought he was at least 63. Only 15 years older than Kelsey Grammer. Crazy.

RIP Billy Graham.

But the saddest part of this is going to be the fresh wave of Mandela Effect nonsense the internet will be flooded with.

LOL.  I had to check wiki.  Hard to believe that Superstar Billy Graham is still alive.

7 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

LOL.  I had to check wiki.  Hard to believe that Superstar Billy Graham is still alive.

I did the same thing. 

Sad about David Ogden Stiers - he was a really versatile actor and did great voice-over work.  I still listen/watch the intro to Icewind Dale from time to time just to hear his voice and awesome background music.

RIP Charles Emerson Winchester III. :(

That's the role I will always associate Stiers with.