Unpopular opinions

Mosi Mynn

On 5/31/2018 at 6:06 PM, Yukle said:

Hey cool, thanks for that! :)

"Now, there are no actual dragons, to be sure. But there are bats, and there are birds, and once upon a time there were pterodactyls. Those are the models to use when designing a dragon. No beast in nature has four legs AND wings."

Come on, GRRM! No creature breathes fire, either! :P Hail the six-limb dragons! :D 

What are you? Welsh? :P

And my very unpopular opinion is that these threads shouldn't stop at 400 and the creation of a Deux thread does nothing to stop me.

Viva la revolucion!* :commie:

*Until a mod locks the thread down...

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Aemon Stark said:

That is certainly the impression I get watching Bachelor in Paradise. But I love Master Chef and The Amazing Race (Canada). 

At least reality television isn't a rehash of 1980-90's tv made new again, Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Hawaii 5.0, Rosanne, Murphy Brown, Battle of Network stars, SWAT etc., or 16 versions of the same show, looking at you CSI, Law and Order, and NCIS..... Reality is often more entertaining and dramatic than anything else.

13 hours ago, dbunting said:

At least reality television isn't a rehash of 1980-90's tv made new again, Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Hawaii 5.0, Rosanne, Murphy Brown, Battle of Network stars, SWAT etc., or 16 versions of the same show, looking at you CSI, Law and Order, and NCIS..... Reality is often more entertaining and dramatic than anything else.

No, just of each other. How many singing, dancing, or whatever talent/skill competitions do we need? How many build houses or garages or car shows do we need? How many shows of high society assholes? And so on...

6 hours ago, Corvinus said:

No, just of each other. How many singing, dancing, or whatever talent/skill competitions do we need? How many build houses or garages or car shows do we need? How many shows of high society assholes? And so on...

Peak tv, she be over, and netflix led the pack.

My very unpopular opinion, btw, is active dislike for the way the actress who plays Demelza.  Demelza bores me to stupor.  And surely by now she can afford to wear more than one dress, and shawls and so on when she goes out in company?

8 hours ago, Corvinus said:

As many shows as the audience supports of course. As long as people watch they will keep making them.

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

YEah but quite often reality tv is “reality” tv, in the sense that it’s scripted/orchestrated to produce drama.

eta: I consider competitions like masterchef a separate category to reality tv

Masterchef is one of my favorite reality shows. I love it all until the finale, that always seems to lose my interest. Masterchef, Inkmaster, Hells Kitchen, Survivor...

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

As many shows as the audience supports of course. As long as people watch they will keep making them.

Masterchef is one of my favorite reality shows. I love it all until the finale, that always seems to lose my interest. Masterchef, Inkmaster, Hells Kitchen, Survivor...

I consider competitions like masterchef, GBBO etc. distinct from reality tv because it seems to be a genre unto itself. I enjoy masterchef too, though only the U.K. version I dunno if there is a US version but I’ve tried masterchef Australia and didn’t need enjoy it so much.

Nigella Lawson is probably my favourite tv cook 

On 9/28/2018 at 7:25 PM, Martini Sigil said:

Reality television is the bane of civilization, and those who watch will usher in the apocalypse. 

Is that unpopular? People love moaning about reality tv shows. 

Star Wars films aren't good. Any of them. Marvel films are overall pretty uninteresting. 

I don't ever want to hear Frank Sinatra's singing again. 

Breaking Bad is really fucking slow at times.

It's an amazing show. The actors are fantastic, the photography mind-blowing, the narrative structure is original at times, the premise is funny, there's a lot of depth, social criticism... etc. There's everything in there, and it's one of the best shows I've ever watched, quality-wise.

But it can really be fucking slow, and I've only just finished season 2 (yeah, it's taken me that long).

On 10/1/2018 at 4:16 PM, Rippounet said:

Breaking Bad is really fucking slow at times.

It's an amazing show. The actors are fantastic, the photography mind-blowing, the narrative structure is original at times, the premise is funny, there's a lot of depth, social criticism... etc. There's everything in there, and it's one of the best shows I've ever watched, quality-wise.

But it can really be fucking slow, and I've only just finished season 2 (yeah, it's taken me that long).

The pace of the show definitely picks up starting in Season 3. I actually agree to an extent though upon a rewatch I appreciated the earlier seasons a lot more - sometimes I do feel the pacing could have been a little better but a lot of pretty rich character stuff in those slower episodes;

Archived