US politics: Georgia on my mind

IheartIheartTesla

Hey, good stuff Lone Wolf!

Are the right wingers still betting on a false flag conspiracy? Probably not, because Trump says he doesn’t want you thinking or talking about how his violent and vicious rhetoric incites violence. The Trump stickers on the suspects van sure does suggest a #MAGABomber. 

I’m sure this fellow has broken lots of laws. Using the mail like that alone, is a felony, and it endangered all those posties and probably it cost a lot of money to track down the terrorist. And then there’s the terror part.

13 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Sexist! Assuming the almost bomber is a man! Call yourself a progressive, HA!

I bet you think a woman is only smart enough to make a real bomb, but only a man can make a real bomb that's actually a fake bomb.

How many female bombers have there been in the last 50 years in the US? As I typed that post I said to myself, wait, it could be a woman, and then, don’t be stupid.

Whether or not the bombs were functional doesn't matter. This was a terrorist action and he will be prosecuted as a terrorist. 

The authorities do not view this as a hoax, as Mayor de Blasio and law enforcement officials from the FBI, CIA and police department and fire department explained in great detail today to NYers.  Whether or not -- and notice how carefully the authorities explain that these are dangerous devices, no matter how crude, with the potential to execute tremendous harm to human beings and property.

And even if it was a hoax in the perpetrator's mind it doesn't matter.  It is still a crime of terrorism, because the intention was in all possible circumstances to create terror.

We didn't even need to consider the both sidesisms that the troll bot immediately brought up because anyone with any brains not brainwashed knew the incredible odds were on a white male white supremacist member of that ilk.  And we waz, claro! correcto!

21 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Had to share this Twitter comment on the van: it looks like what Steve Bannon would turn into if he was a Transformer.

Twitter is terrible like 90% of the time, but gems like this almost make it worth it.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Had to share this Twitter comment on the van: it looks like what Steve Bannon would turn into if he was a Transformer.

That is wrong. If he were a transformer, he would be a beer truck running on ethanol.

So I'd go that is Alex Jones Transformer side.

Where are the residents troll bots concern trolling about both sides equally violent, that leftists and progressives are just as bad, women -- wimminz! bad like men -- black lives matter are racists because what about the white men who get blamed for killing people of color, gay people, transgender people, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, all the time? What about all that prejudice against all those hate spewing white menz?  Hmmmmmm?  HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????? What about those poor white killers driven to killing by CNN, Obama and Hillary and women and children and everybody, hmmmmmmmmmmm?  Not to mention that this is just a hoax so what who cares why are people being so upset and mean about this -- o ya, they're leftists, Dems, progressives, whatever who are stupid and deserve to die.

And -- ya! what about her e-mails, when poor orange nazi is scolded for talking about everything on his totally hacked cell phone.

Good grief, this country.

Its early days yet, but anyone think this will have any effect on the election (particularly in Florida)? If the Democrats had any sense (which means it wont happen) they would run quick attack ads juxtaposing Trump's words inciting hatred among his followers with pictures of the (alleged) perpetrator. As far as I can tell there is plenty of evidence of him in MAGA hats and at Trump rallies.

I've been following the early voting blog out of Nevada, and that looks to be a nailbiter. Rosen needs a firewall of ~ 35000 and it looks like she may get got 30000 ish, so its possible the race will come down to a couple thousand votes.

57 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Where are the residents troll bots concern trolling about both sides equally violent, that leftists and progressives are just as bad, women -- wimminz! bad like men -- black lives matter are racists because what about the white men who get blamed for killing people of color, gay people, transgender people, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, all the time? What about all that prejudice against all those hate spewing white menz?  Hmmmmmm?  HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????? What about those poor white killers driven to killing by CNN, Obama and Hillary and women and children and everybody, hmmmmmmmmmmm?  Not to mention that this is just a hoax so what who cares why are people being so upset and mean about this -- o ya, they're leftists, Dems, progressives, whatever who are stupid and deserve to die.

And -- ya! what about her e-mails, when poor orange nazi is scolded for talking about everything on his totally hacked cell phone.

Good grief, this country.

They are formulating their "guy was framed by the deep state" totally equally plausible possibility as him being a right wing nutjob hypothesis.

28 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Its early days yet, but anyone think this will have any effect on the election (particularly in Florida)? If the Democrats had any sense (which means it wont happen) they would run quick attack ads juxtaposing Trump's words inciting hatred among his followers with pictures of the (alleged) perpetrator. As far as I can tell there is plenty of evidence of him in MAGA hats and at Trump rallies.

I've been following the early voting blog out of Nevada, and that looks to be a nailbiter. Rosen needs a firewall of ~ 35000 and it looks like she may get got 30000 ish, so its possible the race will come down to a couple thousand votes.

I doubt it.  From comments I've read across the internet the conservative response is to either continue believing that the 'official' story is fishy (this guy is still somehow a liberal plant), or pivoting to tried and true whataboutism (Steve Scalise, Conservatives confronted @ restaurants, etc).  Have yet to see anyone on the right say, well gee, maybe this agitated climate has something to do with who is in charge?  It's not gonna happen, imo.   

25 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Eh, the right will just say it's disgusting that people would use it for political gains. Think of all the innocent victims.

20 minutes ago, S John said:

I doubt it.  From comments I've read across the internet the conservative response is to either continue believing that the 'official' story is fishy (this guy is still somehow a liberal plant), or pivoting to tried and true whataboutism (Steve Scalise, Conservatives confronted @ restaurants, etc).  Have yet to see anyone on the right say, well gee, maybe this agitated climate has something to do with who is in charge?  It's not gonna happen, imo.   

All I've really seen is lots of references to Scalise to make it a both sides issue.

Archived