Football: of great teams having an exceptional season and exceptional teams having a great season.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

We really could have done without Brighton losing to Cardiff and giving them hope before Sunday's game. Bah.

Yeah, it gives us a much tougher game when we really could have done with a stroll against a demoralized opponent.  But not a big surprise that Cardiff managed the win tonight, Brighton have been in very poor form in recent weeks.

Fair play to Barça, there're just one or two trains above us.

I still think we did have a coherent plan, and we could have make them doubt. But Rashford isn't yet a killer, Young should be killed and buried somewhere (or at least sent to some midtable Scottish club), and I'll kill De Gea if he dares to claim a golden bridge of a wage after his effort of tonight.

We move on, though.

Top4 race will be tough, and this summer transfer window is a different season we have to play. Concern is that this is a melody we are hearing every year since many years. We're kinda becoming a new Arsenal.

13 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Fred was good, that's about all I really feel like saying about our game.

He was.

But the way this game went wasn't really surprising. Barca are simply much better than we are in every area of the pitch. Like I said before, their second XI would beat our first XI. We started the game well but De Gea gifting Messi a second killed us. Barca do seem susceptible to a good press though. Unfortunately our pressing is not yet up there with the best  - it takes time to implement a good press especially when we've spent 5 and a half seasons not pressing at all. Liverpool's pressing and pace on the flanks should cause Barca much more trouble.

Link I posted was broken but Salah is on Times 100 most influential people list which I thought was pretty cool. 

Also it kinda sucks that De Ligt to Barca is a foregone conclusion. Seems lame that they’re getting both him and De Jong. 

hot take whoever wins today will breeze by Ajax 

In unsurprusing transfer news.

Frankfurt has pulled the trigger on the buy on clause for loanee Jovic. They have signed him from Benfica for a fee below 10m € (kicker estimates something between 6-7m). Great piece of business for them. Jovic signed a contract till 2023, however he is reportedly a primary transfer target for Real.

Archived