Is this really the end of the Night King?

What happens is in the very last scene of the show, Dany or Jon or Tyrion are ruling in King's Landing but then Daario shows up and says Meereen has been overrun by an army of the dead led by white walkers.   The NK was only leading the Great War attack in Westeros, the Great Other has more generals leading armies in Essos

I have a suggestion: Arya's victory in killing the Night King will be negated because he grabbed her and she'll be infected in some way or another; funny things happen when the Night King touches someone, from turning babies into White Walkers, marking Bran to counteract the powers of the Children of the Forest, to turning a dead dragon into a blue-eyes wight dragon. It would be consistent with what happens with people who are touched by the Night King and I would not put it past D&D to pull something unexpected.

1 minute ago, Deminelle said:

I wonder will we ever know if NK was someone from the past who mattered to Starks. 

Doubtful. Hes basically Jason Vorhees, big bad guy who just goes massacring people for the hell of it then dies at the end.

2 minutes ago, Dragon Glass said:

I'm pretty sure HBO is making prequels to the Game of Thrones that take place during the Age of Heroes about the first Long Night. I'm sure we will learn more about the Night King and White Walkers through them. 

Oh no, an entire show as dark as last nights episode?! 

I hope not because it was way too easy to kill him. OK, he survived dragon fire but then all it takes to kill him is one tiny stab by valyrian steel (and I guess dragon glass would work too)? Too easy. I really thought that it would take a super unique weapon like the Lightbringer or some super unique conditions (like the representants of the seven kingdoms to stab him one by one, for example). But no. You just need one ninja.

But I fear that he is done because there ain't time for him to come back I guess...

2 hours ago, Teardrops said:

That was like the most anticlimatic thing I ever seen.

This 100%, 

19 minutes ago, Dragon Glass said:

I'm pretty sure HBO is making prequels to the Game of Thrones that take place during the Age of Heroes about the first Long Night. I'm sure we will learn more about the Night King and White Walkers through them. 

Not if D&D are writing it. 

1 minute ago, Bradam said:

Night king knew he was about to die and transfered himself into Arya? Final scene after everyone wins and lives happily ever after is her eyes turn blue?

Okay, is this ASOIAF or Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? 

3 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Agree on this. I thought they would have the fight continue into next episode (like only half way ish) then start prepping for the Cersei battle. But next episode is going to be all prep, then a fight then finish off the show with everyone saying goodbye.

But of you stopped the battle midway, you would loose all the excitement, adrenaline and emotion from it.  

35 minutes ago, Dragon Glass said:

I honestly have zero interest in a show about the first long night. We basically know how it going to end already. 

2 hours ago, Squall said:

That would be fantastic, but I doubt that'll happen.

Most likely it'll just be a fight against Harry Strickland, the GC now has the upper hand and Dany will lose a dragon in the end. In a final battle royale towards the Red Keep we'll have Cleganebowl.

Arya will stab Cersei in the supposedly pregnant womb for a satisfactory fan service kill.

I think that Cersei will have lost the unborn child by then.  At least I hope so.  Even Arya wouldn't be so cruel as to kill a pregnant woman; Cersei could be executed after the child's birth.  But didn't they include Maggy the Frog's prophecy about Cersei having three kids?  (I can't remember.  If they did, it's already been subverted on the show by Cersei's supposed black-haired son).  I really don't want them writing Arya, Jaime or Tyrion killing a pregnant Cersei.  Maybe Euron will kill Cersei before Arya and the Lannister brothers get to King's Landing...

4 hours ago, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

So, it seems that this "Great War" is over and that this "True Enemy" is been defeated. If that's so, was Cersei Lannister the main antagonist of the show the entire time? If Jon or Dany (maybe even both of them) will die in the remaining three episodes, then it seems that Cersei is worse enemy than the Night King.

There are many more questins which remain unanswered. Like, how the White Walkers were defeated the first time, or have they been defeated at all? And why did they came back after many thousand years later? If the Night King is really defeated, the purpose of Bran Stark as the Three-eyed Raven has been fulfilled.

Or maybe, only the physical form of the Night King is destroyed, but his spiritual form is still lurking somewhere in the Lands of Always Winter. And the Bran's purpose in the remaining episodes could be to deal with that thing. He might have one final battle in his mind; in some kind of astral plane. In order to prevent the White Walkers from ever coming back again, he might have to eliminate this threat from it's source.

Or . . .

The 3EC, which is now using Bran's body, is the true threat to humanity (and white walker-anity), which is why the walkers were first trying to kill him north of the wall and then blasted through the wall after he went south to Winterfell. By rescuing Bran/3EC, Arya in fact has brought on the Long Night and now must kill him in order to save the world, thus sacrificing someone she loves in the legendary Azor Ahai fashion.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking that D&D could somehow polish this turd of a story at this point.

Archived