Watch, Watched, Watching: Midsommar Night Blues

Ramsay B.

So somehow I have never seen The Wicker Man and watched it the other day(only $5 on Itunes). I kinda thought it would just be an ok movie with that crazy “twist” ending, but I enjoyed it. The weird lightheartedness, and lead actor’s great frustrated performance worked really well. 

It has obviously aged some and is not as creepy now, but I can see why it’s a cult classic. Although it might’ve had one too many songs in the beginning.

Is the Nic Cage’s version worth watching for the presumed lunacy of it?

Finally getting around to the final season of You're the Worst.  Mostly it's just been an extremely uncomfortable watch, but the Sunday Fun Day episode was fucking hilarious.  Will probably watch the final four episodes tomorrow, but I've reached my limit for tonight.

10 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

It has obviously aged some and is not as creepy now, but I can see why it’s a cult classic. Although it might’ve had one too many songs in the beginning.

BLASPHEMERRRRRRR

Yes, you should watch the remake because it's really quite funny.

On 7/16/2019 at 4:41 AM, Jace, Basilissa said:

You haven't seen The Predator have you?

The most favorable explanation for that travesty I've seen is that Black set out to see how bad a film he could get deep into production as a joke.

Nope I haven't, but Black did make The Nice Guys right, so I'm willing to give him another chance :)

I've finally watched Overlord, the WWII SF horror-thriller. I liked it, more than I expected I would. While probably too exaggerated on the war action, it still felt like a decent WWII movie, intertwined with a decent thriller. 

19 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

So somehow I have never seen The Wicker Man and watched it the other day(only $5 on Itunes). I kinda thought it would just be an ok movie with that crazy “twist” ending, but I enjoyed it. The weird lightheartedness, and lead actor’s great frustrated performance worked really well. 

Is the Nic Cage’s version worth watching for the presumed lunacy of it?

Its worth watching for the bees!

16 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Finally getting around to the final season of You're the Worst.  Mostly it's just been an extremely uncomfortable watch, but the Sunday Fun Day episode was fucking hilarious.  Will probably watch the final four episodes tomorrow, but I've reached my limit for tonight.

I really enjoyed the first season. After that it went slowly downhill for me. I don't think I ever got to the final season...

Just re-watched MadMen after not having seen it in a few years. It deserved all the praise it got. This time around I noticed season 6 was a weird outlier. Not as well written for me and sooo many trippy hallucination type scenes for some reason. But other than that one weak spot it was fantastic from top to bottom.

Also recently watched "I'm Sorry" for the first time. Really terrifically weird comedy. Shame it got cancelled after only two season...

50 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Saw the Usual Suspects the other day. It was okay. I wonder how it must have been like

Reveal hidden contents

if I had not known about the twist

I can't rewatch it after seeing the ending. That and Spacey is a creeper.

I've been making my way through The Rook and Jett. Mildly entertaining. The Rook has an interesting supernatural/superpower spy thriller concept and Jett is a bit Elmore Leonard-esque, but without the great dialogue.

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Saw the Usual Suspects the other day. It was okay. I wonder how it must have been like

Reveal hidden contents

if I had not known about the twist

2 hours ago, Astromech said:

I can't rewatch it after seeing the ending. That and Spacey is a creeper..

I have to disagree. I found the movie even more fascinating having known how it ends.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Speaking of creepy Spacey, I saw Moon. Real good, I liked it. 

Moon was excellent. I love small scale movies that take a big approach.

Speaking of Spacey, what do we do with him now that the charges have been dropped?

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Speaking of Spacey, what do we do with him now that the charges have been dropped?

I mean, he's had multiple accusations, more than 10, and the original accusation that started the whole thing is well beyond the statue of limitations.

Obviously I'm not going to tell anyone else about how they should deal with Spacey, but I'm going to continue to avoid the stuff he's in.

Watched all 6 seasons of the Brooklyn 99 with my wife and we absolutely loved it.  The cross comedy and cop show really works with this cast and writing.  I started watching Future Man after and the 1st season was pretty funny and great.  The 2nd season is pretty off the rails so far, but still pretty funny.

21 minutes ago, Raja said:

I mean, he's had multiple accusations, more than 10, and the original accusation that started the whole thing is well beyond the statue of limitations.

Obviously I'm not going to tell anyone else about how they should deal with Spacey, but I'm going to continue to avoid the stuff he's in.

True, but it does get a little tricky when you consider this is what Hollywood has been since the 1930’s.  

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

True, but it does get a little tricky when you consider this is what Hollywood has been since the 1930’s.  

As I said, I'm not telling you what you should do, but to me if there are accusations that come out against current or former directors/writers/ producers in hollywood, then I stop watching stuff associated with them.

I can really only go off what is reported right now & historically, so as this stuff comes up, I choose to stop watching stuff associated with those artists. Re: Spacey though - the words of the 10+ accusers is enough for me.

Archived