Lyanna<3Rhaegar

How did you pick your screen name?

I came up with mine cause i saw the picture that is my avatar and instantly thought that this is the real mountain. Like i'm pretty sure this is what he looks like after the rage settle's, or maybe someone killed his pet hamster Murphey.

I am the actual God of Science, you know?

Okay, here's the serious story: Back when I first signed in to a forum I was doing so with the intention of writing Stargate fanfiction. I was pissed at Stargate's tendency to just genocide villainous peoples even after showing that they might not quite be always chaotically evil as a species. The first story was therefore a prequel story about the Goa'uld at the height of their empire, with one of them named Toth being the main character witnessing their descent into madness and a confusing civil war when Ptah is overthrown by Ra.

Yes, it was the fanfic of a 16 years old, so of course Toth was a super sarcastic self-insert, but honestly I don't care because I never again managed to go as bonkers with a character and so he stuck as my handle everywhere. And even when it was taken I went for the Egyptian spelling of Dschehuti or when even that was taken I named my handle after his flagship in the story (for example with my Steam account).

I think I already said this, but mine means "bad luck" (or "a person with bad luck") in Serbian. It's spelled differently of course.

It started in Dungeons&Dragons game some 15 years ago, or something like that. I had notoriously bad luck with dice in that game and I named one of my characters "Baxus" because of that. Then I used it on some other message board and kind of adopted it as my online alias at the time.

Mine's pretty simple. I often use an Apache alias, and here I just added a place I was born - so called Tricity (Gdańsk, Sopot, Gdynia on a Baltic coast), or 3city for short.

13 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Shit. This isn't the Dragonriders of Pern fan page...?  Nearly 20 years down the drain...

It's not but don't think you walk around unrecognized :D

Loved the Dragonriders when I read the first volume but gradually, fell out :-(

Because: 

"Not half so dreadful rises to the sight,
Through the thick gloom of some tempestuous night,
Orion’s dog (the year when autumn weighs),
And o’er the feebler stars exerts his rays;
Terrific glory! for his burning breath
Taints the red air with fevers, plagues, and death."

And because I like dogs. A lot. 

5 hours ago, dog-days said:

Because: 

Wonderfully ominous and evocative.

9 hours ago, dog-days said:

Because: 

A crying shame, I always thought(hoped) your name was because the dog days are over, the dog days are done, can you hear the horses! because here they come.

:( 

:P 

there are 2 stories...one true and one less true

1...i am a glorified rockhound who will use all senses to determine the mineral content of a sample ... rocksniffer sounded better than rocklicker

2...When i was young sailor i was nicknamed crotchsniffer for a habit i had of receiving certain perfumed articles of clothing from Ladies who i spent time with in port ... so i tweaked it for the forum and my geologic bent...

On 12/6/2019 at 10:24 PM, Pebble thats Stubby said:

oh I've had lots of temporary names but always come back to a Pebble of some kind

i am still waiting for the best name of all... Pebs the Prober... :bowdown:

On 12/6/2019 at 9:12 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I believe you were also the Black Bear at one point although did you actually change your name for that or just the avatar? :P 

<snip>

On 12/8/2019 at 9:53 AM, Buckwheat said:

Everybody was the Black Bear that one time he hosted pictionary and complained about all the PMs that he was getting and couldn't differentiate. :P 

<snip>

it is known...

i too was the black bear...of course i was smoking :smoking:

On 12/7/2019 at 6:30 AM, Leap said:

no idea

I think at least part of the motivation was something that was neat and not full of numbers, plus I arrived a little bit late to be Varys' Estranged Ballbag.

you and me both, brother...and the gods are still weeping for us

On 12/8/2019 at 8:33 AM, Inkdaub said:

It also might reference a small, hardy mouse known for survival in an extreme environment.  There's a shadow shaped like this mouse on the second moon.

...i thought they called that one Muad'Dib

On 12/8/2019 at 3:40 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Shit. This isn't the Dragonriders of Pern fan page...?  Nearly 20 years down the drain...

:lmao:

On 12/9/2019 at 5:38 AM, Ygrain said:

It's not but don't think you walk around unrecognized :D

Loved the Dragonriders when I read the first volume but gradually, fell out :-(

i recognized the Jaxom reference right away as well...my Number One Niece, aka @She who must be Obeyed really dug this series, has every one, even the ones by Anne's son.

once before i was kicked-out and barred-for-life from Nashville. Tennessee, i was a guest of Davidson County sheriff's dept for a couple of days and she gave me The White Dragon (#3) to read...it was a good story so i read some of the others

On 12/10/2019 at 4:20 PM, larrytheimp said:

4:20 blaze it

...aren't all of the clocks set to 4:20 all of the time...

:smoking:

7 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

I can't say this without slipping into Everett McGill's voice.  Which is good.  We should all talk like Everett McGill.  All the time.

13 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

there are 2 stories...one true and one less true

1...i am a glorified rockhound who will use all senses to determine the mineral content of a sample ... rocksniffer sounded better than rocklicker

2...When i was young sailor i was nicknamed crotchsniffer for a habit i had of receiving certain perfumed articles of clothing from Ladies who i spent time with in port ... so i tweaked it for the forum and my geologic bent...

i am still waiting for the best name of all... Pebs the Prober... :bowdown:

it is known...

i too was the black bear...of course i was smoking :smoking:

you and me both, brother...and the gods are still weeping for us

:lmao:

i recognized the Jaxom reference right away as well...my Number One Niece, aka @She who must be Obeyed really dug this series, has every one, even the ones by Anne's son.

once before i was kicked-out and barred-for-life from Nashville. Tennessee, i was a guest of Davidson County sheriff's dept for a couple of days and she gave me The White Dragon (#3) to read...it was a good story so i read some of the others

...aren't all of the clocks set to 4:20 all of the time...

:smoking:

I should have suggested you hook up with the Columbia Gem and Mineral society year’s ago.  Even after moving to Greenville we help with the pre-Thanksgiving Rock show out at Jamil Temple.  :)

9 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I should have suggested you hook up with the Columbia Gem and Mineral society year’s ago.  Even after moving to Greenville we help with the pre-Thanksgiving Rock show out at Jamil Temple.  :)

...never even thought of it...just looked at website. i shall look into it

thanks

how are you liking the upstate?