What are you listening to 25 - Passing Emergency Love

Lykos

On 12/5/2023 at 4:46 PM, thgrlwthcurushar said:

The Widow by The Mars Volta

This is the coolest song

Thanks for the reminder - from the same album, this song was my go-to to put on the jukebox in a bar when I hated what was already playing and wanted to piss off the people who loaded it up with Bon Jovi or whatever - music doesn’t start until around 4:10, the weird ambient sounds really mess with the vibe.  But the song itself is one of my favorites.

Edited by VigoTheCarpathian
Clarity

2 hours ago, VigoTheCarpathian said:

Thanks for the reminder - from the same album, this song was my go-to to put on the jukebox in a bar when I hated what was already playing and wanted to piss off the people who loaded it up with Bon Jovi or whatever - music doesn’t start until around 4:10, the weird ambient sounds really mess with the vibe.  But the song itself is one of my favorites.

If only you could play the entirety of Cassandra Gemini on the jukebox, then you could really make some friends.

I fucking love The Mars Volta. If you forced me to pick a favorite song of theirs I guess I might have to pick...

Or maybe the aforementioned Cassandra Gemini. Or Cygnus Vismund Cygnus.

On 12/7/2023 at 6:41 PM, williamjm said:

In some of the recent coverage of Shane MacGowan's death I saw people pointing out that Fairytale isn't the only duet he did and recommending this which I'd not heard before. There's definitely a big contrast in the vocals but somehow it works.

This one's not a duet, but it's fitting for the occasion. Rest in Peace, Shane.

Been a little nostalgic lately. If anyone is interested, this is my attempt at a comprehensive playlist of everything playing on the radio in the 90s, though only one artist entry per year. Even with that caveat, I'm up to over 800 songs! 

Enjoy, and let me know if if you have any suggestions (if I know it, I'll put it on):

Edited by Phylum of Alexandria

• 2 weeks later...