Watch, Watched, Watching: Easter Edition

ithanos

Just now, Iskaral Pust said:

That reminded me of the great Troy McClure episode.

The? THE?

He was always great. Now go watch some News Radio you Irish swine, and I can say that because I'm probably more Irish than anything else.

*throws potato at Isk*

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

The? THE?

He was always great. Now go watch some News Radio you Irish swine, and I can say that because I'm probably more Irish than anything else.

*throws potato at Isk*

And get yourself some Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor.  DAMN!!

36 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Can't talk about Rocket Fuel without dropping the video

Talk about a show with so many great personalities.

Who would have thought the maintenance guy would go on to be one of the kings of MMA? 

6 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I saw the new episode of Rick & Morty and it's an all-time classic. Really impressed by the ingenuity of that episode, especially since it was hilarious throughout! 

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty :P

I watched Nice Guys again last night. Ryan Gosling in the movie makes me laugh at everything he does. Wish it was more popular so it got a sequel 

plan on starting zero zero zero today

I also watched Nice Guys yesterday, and Gosling is amazing in it. It's kind of remarkable how good he is given what a shitheel he is in the movie. The "give me your arm"..."noooo. noo. no" sequence is still incredible.

On 5/4/2020 at 10:44 PM, Ramsay B. said:

I saw that Westworld had its finale yesterday. So how was this season? I watched the opening episode and didn’t really care for where they seemed to be going with it. 

I watched the finale yesterday. I feel the third season was the weakest so far. It wasn't bad, and I think it managed to be coherent than the second season but it felt like it had moved away from most of the elements that were interesting about the show. It felt like a fairly generic dystopian story. It's still well made, the action is good, it's got a strong cast, but despite that I didn't find it to be all that compelling.

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

I watched Nice Guys again last night. Ryan Gosling in the movie makes me laugh at everything he does. Wish it was more popular so it got a sequel

It's a great comedy and I agree it's a shame there wasn't a sequel.

9 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

8 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I also watched Nice Guys yesterday, and Gosling is amazing in it. It's kind of remarkable how good he is given what a shitheel he is in the movie. The "give me your arm"..."noooo. noo. no" sequence is still incredible.

I watched that on Monday... you guys are creeping me out and stuff!

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Talk about a show with so many great personalities.

Who would have thought the maintenance guy would go on to be one of the kings of MMA? 

Such a strong cast, but Phil was definitely the heart and soul of the show.

5 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Such a strong cast, but Phil was definitely the heart and soul of the show.

News Radio is a show that slipped under the radar for most people. 

I am into S4 of the Sopranos. I had never watched it episode by episode before so this is a little different experience for me. Still love the episode where Pauly and Chris are lost in the woods.

I loved Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang both, and wish Shane Black would do a tongue-in-cheek, post-noir mystery/comedy every year. Hell, make a cross-over buddy comedy with Russell Crowe and Val Kilmer's characters. 

Just finished Sex Education S2 and my blood is running hot right now.

I can't even begin to explain how much I despise Wheelchair. I'm rooting for Otis/Maeve relationship and the second I saw Wheelchair wheel his way into Maeve's life I knew this guy was gonna be an enemy to Otis, and damn is he ever right now. Was Otis an absolute fuck this season? Yes. He reached colossal Fuck Boy status at his Small Gathering. The fact that this show has been orbiting his virginity since episode 1 and he loses his virginity to one of the best looking girls, albeit a snob, and doesn't recall a second of it, was hilarious. After that, I still don't think his shot with Maeve was blown. He still had a chance. He became grounded in the last episode of season 2 and came to the realization that he couldn't turn into his dad. Awesome. Glad you got there, Otis. IDK why, but I think of young Hugh Grant when I see Otis go off on one of his monologues and I don't even know what a young Hugh Grant even is. Four Weddings and a Funeral? Idk... Either or, what I'm trying to say, is that Otis finally pulled his head out of his ass and realized Maeve is all that matters. Not the two space cadets, Lilly and Ola, but Maeve. Quizhead Juggernaut... And enter Wheelchair like the Ramsay Bolton-esque villain he is and he deletes the message.... I had a feeling after he found out Maeve wasn't at the play that he was going to be in her role at the end of S1 and get to her place too late, only to see her with Wheelchair like she saw him with Ola.... Close enough. And now I have to wait. I never thought I would get so into this show like a serious drama but here I am... Rooting for Otis/Maeve like the King of the North, and despising Wheelchair like a fucking Bolton....

On 5/7/2020 at 10:32 AM, dbunting said:

I am into S4 of the Sopranos. I had never watched it episode by episode before so this is a little different experience for me. Still love the episode where Pauly and Chris are lost in the woods.

The intervention for Chris is right up there with the Pine Barrens epiode for me. Classic.

1 minute ago, Isis said:

The intervention for Chris is right up there with the Pine Barrens epiode for me. Classic.

The back half of S4 is so strong. Not only Chris’ intervention, but Tony confronting Ralph about the horse, and the finale where Gandolfini and Falco put on an acting clinic. 

34 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

The back half of S4 is so strong. Not only Chris’ intervention, but Tony confronting Ralph about the horse, and the finale where Gandolfini and Falco put on an acting clinic. 

Just finished S4 final episode. Had completely forgotten about the boat harassment with ol blue eyes singing. Glad they are all seeing Johnny Sachs for the snake he is.

Archived