UK Politics: Statues of Limitations

When the scheme started they were told it would last until at least October. It's now being terminated on 31 July, and there's no legal recourse to appeal against that.

Even by normal "Tory treatment of the NHS" standards, this is quite something.

What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-westminster-insider-institutional-racism-munira-mirza-a9568456.html

Boris Johnson has appointed a Downing Street aide who railed against multiculturalism and said institutional racism was a myth to lead a commission on racial equality.

Munira Mirza, director of the Downing Street policy unit who also worked for Mr Johnson while he was Mayor of London, said it was not racism but "anti-racist lobby groups" to blame for some of the problems ethnic minorities faced.

She has also called for the government to "dismantle the countless diversity policies that encourage people to see everything through the prism of racial difference".

ARTICLE CONTINUES...

2 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Suggesting that should be treason.

I didn't know penguins were a type of biscuit, so I thought he meant shipping actual penguins to Australia and you can imagine my confusion.

4 minutes ago, Raja said:

I didn't know penguins were a type of biscuit, so I thought he meant shipping actual penguins to Australia and you can imagine my confusion.

... how does someone not know penguins are a type of biscuit?!

It should be on the  naturalisation exam

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I believe the inferior Aus version is a Timtam or something. 

It does not include the classic bad Penguin jokes

where do Eskio's pee?         

I have a Penguin with me right now.   and yes this one is particulall bad.

It always astonishes me how much the rest of the world is lacking not only in biscuits but in individual packets of crisps. What’s with these full size bags crisps you have to stop eating(!), roll up and put away for later!

Even in nations with spectacular selections of snackage there’s a lack of respect for these fundamentals. Where’s your bourbons? Your jammie dodgers? Your smokey bacon flavour?

After many months of being told by everyone that their app plan is rubbish and needs to be dropped and switched to the extant Google/Android version which works fine in other countries, the government has agreed that their app plan is rubbish and have dropped it and will instead switch to the extant Google/Android version.

Two u-turns in a week and it's only Thursday. Let's see if they can fit in another one tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Werthead said:

After many months of being told by everyone that their app plan is rubbish and needs to be dropped and switched to the extant Google/Android version which works fine in other countries, the government has agreed that their app plan is rubbish and have dropped it and will instead switch to the extant Google/Android version.

Two u-turns in a week and it's only Thursday. Let's see if they can fit in another one tomorrow.

Are two u-turns not a circle? As in, this inept clownshow of a government is going round in themz

48 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Who could possibly have predicted this entirely predictable turn of events?

4 hours ago, Werthead said:

I found it highly amusing this evening to watch Jim Cramer’s program on CNBC (Cramer is a wealthy trader, pithy commentator, Trump supporter, gives some reasonably good advice to viewers). One of his guests tonight was the president of a software company called VMware, who was bragging about his company’s customers and contracts, including the fact ‘we helped the NHS in Britain with their tracking app’.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:48 AM, Raja said:

This is amazing

I spent 7 years living in the UK.  I could buy vegemite in a supermarket the entire time.  Never ever seen marmite in Australia, and for damn good reason!  So I say to Boris, sod off.  

Oh, and penguins might have come first, Tim Tams just perfected the process.  And then expanded.  

Archived