US Politics: In A Hypocritical Condition

Fragile Bird

Hmn. 

lulz

Yeah, this would go to what a doc on MSNBC was saying earlier today about how the aggressive treatment plan Trump is on is only used on individuals who're into covid pneumonia, because the side effects are no joke and you don't go there without reason.

Snowflake is a sick boy. 

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

My guess is he'll deign to wear a mask to protect all those wussies and think everything is fine. And nobody will tell him to leave.

Nobody was wearing professional masks, btw, just the normal ones.

That fist pump did it for me. After TWO thumbs-up (thumbs-ups?) no less! That's it, I'm swearing off women and am now officially in love.

For his health (blood oxygen levels) he would probably be advised against wearing a mask, unless he is suffering no respiratory symptoms at all.

1 minute ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

And for everyone else’s f-ing health, he then needs to be in isolation because he is contagious.

Ha! like that's going to happen. Didn't you hear? There is nothing to fear from the virus, your president has spoken, and verily he speaks naught but truth.

39 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Trump's going to come out wheezing, thanks Biden for his thoughts, and become a fucking hero to Republicans. That's the real October surprise.

But, yes, Biden has others to control this narrative for him! I just wish they would have done it. Biden's entire campaign is a prevent defense. 

It's amazing that if only Biden had/will act how exactly *you* want everything would work out A.O.K.

The WH is is blocking CDC guidelines on when a Covid-19 vaccine can be released. The guideline they are blocking is the one that says they have to wait for two months after the vaccine is administered to make sure there are no ill effects.

I wonder how that much vaunted agreement among the vaccine companies not to release a vaccine until they are sure of its safety is going to work out now the safety guidelines have changed.

9 hours ago, karaddin said:

@Kalibear and you'd have to expect Roe v Wade to follow if they succeed at rolling that back. It's not like they get satisfied in victory and stop with what they've got, success will just embolden them.

Invalidating 5 years of marriages is going to be a cluster fuck as well. 

I'm just going to hope this bout of illness has managed to derail all their plans and y'all step back from the brink.

I’m actually curious if they’ll go full regressive and start arguing Lawrence v Lovings was a mistake that infringed on ones religious liberty.

Also, there’s an either/or fallacy Alito and Thomas are using.

Either you support religious liberty or people’s right to marry someone of the same sex.

What if a is gay and thinks that one can/should only have sex with their spouse? Their religious liberty is infringed upon.

They’re only looking at religion in prism of their particular version of Christianity.

6 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I’m actually curious if they’ll go full regressive and start arguing Lawrence v Lovings was a mistake that infringed on ones religious liberty.

Also, there’s an either/or fallacy Alito and Thomas are using.

Either you support religious liberty or people’s right to marry someone of the same sex.

What if a is gay and thinks that one can/should only have sex with their spouse? Their religious liberty is infringed upon.

They’re only looking at religion in prism of their particular version of Christianity.

Or more simply put, they're taking their personal religious beliefs and doctrine and saying they trump secular law. Which is exactly why Trump's latest nominee is completely unfit to serve on the bench at any level. 

5 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sorry, I’d swear CNN said this was a CDC guideline

They possibly were, demonstrating their own sub-par journalistic capabilities by name dropping the wrong govt agency. A lot of people assume anything to do with disease is CDC and not FDA.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Or more simply put, they're taking their personal religious beliefs and doctrine and saying they trump secular law. Which is exactly why Trump's latest nominee is completely unfit to serve on the bench at any level. 

I understand the concerns about reprisals but the Dems really need to court pack if theyre able to actually win the election. If she's seated and they don't then there's decades of "we're fucked" to get through. 

15 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

They possibly were, demonstrating their own sub-par journalistic capabilities by name dropping the wrong govt agency. A lot of people assume anything to do with disease is CDC and not FDA.

Bah, the story on-line says the FDA, I was eating dinner and talking to my brother, I probably misheard.

44 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I understand the concerns about reprisals but the Dems really need to court pack if theyre able to actually win the election. If she's seated and they don't then there's decades of "we're fucked" to get through. 

I've made it very clear over the years that I oppose court packing, but fuck it, the Republicans have already done that. We should be discussing how a 5-3 liberal court will change with a young conservative justice being added to it, but we're not. They played dirty, but within the technical rules. Democrats need to do the same if they capture the WH and both chambers, and they have to go for it all. D.C., Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands statehood has to pass, those six new senators will be lovely, and the House has to expand by a ton. And also, the SC is thinking small, expand every court and create new ones, with one key litmus test: voting rights.  

Omg, I just saw the Republican commercial for confirming Judge Barrett. They have JFK giving a speech about prejudice, giving examples of groups who have faced discrimination, and ending with ‘and I could be next as a Catholic’ while pictures of Barrett are flashed.

:ack:

13 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Omg, I just saw the Republican commercial for confirming Judge Barrett. They have JFK giving a speech about prejudice, giving examples of groups who have faced discrimination, and ending with ‘and I could be next as a Catholic’ while pictures of Barrett are flashed.

:ack:

Aren't half the members of the court Catholics? 

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've made it very clear over the years that I oppose court packing, but fuck it, the Republicans have already done that. We should be discussing how a 5-3 liberal court will change with a young conservative justice being added to it, but we're not. They played dirty, but within the technical rules. Democrats need to do the same if they capture the WH and both chambers, and they have to go for it all. D.C., Puerto Rico and Virgin Island statehood has to pass, those six new senators will be lovely, and the Hose has to expand by a ton. And also, the SC is thinking small, expand every court and create new ones, with one key litmus test: voting rights.  

Yeah I remembered you had been against it. In a sane world with a respectful opponent you'd be completely right too - we've just left both those things in our wake. If they needed to court pack they won't wait for the Dems to set the precedent so there's not really any meaningful reprisal to fear that won't come just from trying to make things better.

Bolded - yup, absolutely.

Archived