Let's hear it for THE BOYS [Onwards to Season 3]

Veltigar

4 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

That was fucking awesome on a whole lot of levels. Puppets! Missy Elliot (again!) Exploding dicks! The best representation of someone like Kellhus so far on TV! THE ADAPTATION OF TEK KNIGHTS STORY 

Also televison's Jason Ritter, brought to you by the letter K.

5 hours ago, Ran said:

Tek-knight? Funny. Mostly what I remember from the comics was that he was messed up in the head and kept copulating with just about anything, animate or inanimate.

I'm not familiar with the comics but they found a way to bring that in. And it's fucking hilarious.

I am caught up on this now and it's pretty good. I think I'll wait for two episodes at a time to watch.

I like Cricket the most so far, the actress stands out on the show so far.

The last episode ending messed me up. I rewound(?) it because I thought it glitched and I missed something only to find out in the preview what was going on.

Very disappointed with episode 5, felt like filler, nothing much happened at all, and the plot twist really felt random and out of character. The whole thing felt like padding and unnecessary, not advancing the main storyline at all or doing anything interesting with the characters/subplot.

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

Yup, this was another very solid episode.

Spoiler

I have one doubt though. How exactly did Cate erase their memories? I thought her power was an ability to convince people to do something with a touch of her hand. How do you convince someone to forget something?

1 hour ago, 3CityApache said:

Yup, this was another very solid episode.

Hide contents

I have one doubt though. How exactly did Cate erase their memories? I thought her power was an ability to convince people to do something with a touch of her hand. How do you convince someone to forget something?

I assume she can influence all brain functions.

Spoiler

She didn't really erase people's memories, I think she blocked access to various short term memories. In the final scene she gives Andre's memories back, so to speak. That is why the dean said she was one of the most powerful supes in the school. Of course her limitation is having to do it by touch and apparently her own brain might be impacted by it.

Gen V has been renewed. https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the-boys-spinoff-gen-v-renewed-season-2-amazon-prime-video-1235762103/

Short episode last night, but with good character moments. 

Spoiler

Funny cameo from Soldier Boy.

A bit annoyed they didn't show that the stoner guy that was with them likely died.

I thought it was pretty great. Nice followup from last week, nice delving into Cate's memories and showing the compromises and moral failures of everyone. I also like the possibility that Shetty is wanting to develop a way to permanently kill all supes forever - a nice echo of a major plotline in the Boys. 

I'm also sure that there's a 5-minute montage of Soldier Boy talking about various ways of masturbating that is gonna be awesome to see. 

Good episode, finally gave Cate a bit more personality than just always having a scared look on her face, the villains as always though are far more interesting. Hope Shetty lasts as long as homelander has in the main show. That doctor is ungrateful scum, after getting his and his family’s ass saved by supes,he still has no moral scruples about killing and torturing them

On 10/23/2023 at 9:52 AM, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Good episode, finally gave Cate a bit more personality than just always having a scared look on her face, the villains as always though are far more interesting. Hope Shetty lasts as long as homelander has in the main show. That doctor is ungrateful scum, after getting his and his family’s ass saved by supes,he still has no moral scruples about killing and torturing them

Didn't he freak out that the supe died from the virus at the end, apologized and was clearly upset?  He is scum but he didn't mean to kill her, so some scruples are there. 

11 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

It's fine as a show, but I'm getting irritated by the CW-ness of the young adult drama.

It’s quite a tonal dissonance, cause there’s copious amounts of gore and disturbing things but they shy away from complete nudity or too much swearing because of the CWish nature ?  And yeah teenage angst in college kids seems weird. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

Still slowly working through Gen V, acting is getting better. Female gender fluid supe is much better than the male (and seems to get more air time), actor playing Sam is pretty good, Cricket actress is still the absolute stand out though.  

Arsehole investigative reporter shagging various holes seemed unnecessarily gratuitous though. 

On 10/27/2023 at 9:38 AM, Corvinus85 said:

Well the latest episode pretty much made the show required viewing ahead of season 4 of The Boys.

Liked the reveal about Victoria Neuman. I may have speculated about it at the time back in season 2-3 of The Boys.

Honestly it never crossed my mind because supes powers don't always make sense, just thought she could pop heads. Once she revealed it I was like duh, the penis pop should have told me, smaller head same out come.