US Politics - under the spell of The Count

Lykos

Just now, Maithanet said:

That sounds weirdly like a properly functioning democracy.  Is that possible here?  Or has Wisconsin joined Canada while I wasn't looking?

Or it could just be the University prides itself on having things laid out well...?  But yeah, it's almost like things are working like they should. 

14 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Dave's point isn't terribly relevant - whether Milwaukee hits 89% or "just" 86%, that is still way above the 61% that they had 2016.  Turnout is way, way up, and that is good. 

Okay, what is this Congress woman basing her prediction on and why should I see it as more significant than other politician?

1 minute ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Looks like Nate Silver fell back down the FL turnout rabbit hole:

In Broward county D and NPA turnout is ticking up (also, Broward is the one county where democrats are winning the ED vote)

It really is just amazing to me that the statistics on how many people of each party registration have voted in each county in Florida can be updated so many times while Election Day is still going on.  Modern computer and internet technology is just hard for me to believe sometimes. :)

Article I just read on Vice that I thought was "perfectly splendid"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkddvg/how-gop-attempts-at-voter-suppression-could-backfire-on-trump

Efforts to dampen early voting among Democrats failed,” said Mark Jones, a professor of political science at Rice University in Texas. “Any problems on Election Day will now probably work against Republicans, and not in their favor.

“It’s always a bad idea to undercut votes, even if you’re trying to game it so that you undercut the other person’s vote and not your own,” Hoffman said. “Yes, I do think that can backfire.”

Archived