US Politics 46 - And there was much rejoicing

Which Tyler

10 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Is he going to pull a Khan?  He could...

There's still a lot of time.

6 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

No, but we're down fifty-three runs in the top of the ninth. Hope seems foolish.

What?

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I was agreeing with you in a combative manner. We've got 4 years of obstruction before president Ryan saves us all from wasteful Democrat spending, I fail to see what was won.

Every single day is precious to those that would otherwise be suffering. There's value in the present regardless of what the future brings.

It's been such a long journey for Joe to get to this point since he joined the Senate some 48 years ago. And fantastic for women that another ceiling has been shattered with Harris as VP. I can only imagine the hell awaiting the Biden team in transitioning to January with the pandemic and tweetrage/enabling violence from Trump. -_- Hope they brought lots of disinfectant. 

I will not miss the angry covfefe tweets, the constant disregard of everything, the bullying of the press corps, the politicization of the military, the manchild who thought he was smarter than everyone "the Generals",  you know the rest of his misdemeanors. There will be an avalanche of tell-all books that would not otherwise have been possible without risking their livelihoods with Trump's hounds in power.

Obama must be over the moon that part of his legacy lives on. It's just a shame John McCain didn't live long enough to see the result.

Just now, Jace, Basilissa said:

We've got 4 years of obstruction before president Ryan saves us all from wasteful Democrat spending, I fail to see what was won.

If you think milquetoast Paul Ryan is gonna win the GOP nomination - which would be a gift for the Dems - you're caustic cynicism schtick is gravely failing you.

*adopts very poor attempt at Norwegian accent*

Attila the Hun, Vlad the Impaler, Adolph Hitler, Mussolini, Darth Vader, Boris Johnson, we have beaten them all. Stevie Bannon, can you hear me? Stevie Bannon, your proud boys took a hell of a beating! Your proud boys took a hell of a beating! 

6 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I was agreeing with you in a combative manner. We've got 4 years of obstruction before president Ryan saves us all from wasteful Democrat spending, I fail to see what was won.

Chill for a day.

Archived