US Politics: finally we can get back to blaming each other

Kalbear

1 minute ago, kairparavel said:

I would hope and expect it would be much smoother in two years given they'd have much more time to sort it out.

The bolded should be, like, the slogan for FairVote or some other group involved with a national push to change state laws on vote-by-mail.

17 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

They are obviously not religious enough. When an anticipated event doesn't happen they way you want you blame the devil (and/or Jews) for possessing too many weak minded people and making them do his bidding, which only demands that one strengthens one's resolve and rallies the troops to even greater heights of action.

1 hour ago, Killjoybear said:

THE SIMULATION IS SELF AWARE
DAN PURDY AKA PATTI LABELLE'S SON LINKS TO A PHILLY LANDSCAPING PLACE
THIS IS LIKE IN GTA WHERE IF YOU SEE ONE FANCY CAR ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERYTHING IS FANCY CARS

Jesus. I log off for an hour and the story has five more twists and turns. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

Trump currently needs to win 101.6% of the remaining ballots to be counted in PA:

Definitely doable, after all, one only needs to mis-place 1.6% of the counted ballots (all for Biden) and make sure all remaining ballots are for Trump, and then pay the money for a recount. Job done. Not entirely sure if they can flip Georgia quite so easily that way though.

2 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

Remember when one of the mods here used project Veritas to justify hating moderate dems?

Good times

Grifting the grifters. Totally legit.

The concern I have about Pompeo's remark is that it basically sounds like the fix is in. There is no way anyone can claim the final counts will swing to Trump to give him 270. Which means the only way for Trump to win is for a post-count reshuffle of some sort. I hope Pompeo is just mindlessly blathering, but there is a niggling doubt that he knows how this thing is going to be turned on its head.

6 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

For those still interested in some of the horse races, Alaska should start releasing some absentee ballot results at 9 PM Eastern. Will be interesting to see the final margin up there.

Edit: House is still stuck at 216-199 with 20 outstanding.

It would be so 2020 if the Democrat suddenly surged and actually won and suddenly Georgia meant something else...

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

They are obviously not religious enough. When an anticipated event doesn't happen they way you want you blame the devil (and/or Jews) for possessing too many weak minded people and making them do his bidding, which only demands that one strengthens one's resolve and rallies the troops to even greater heights of action.

But QAnon already blames the Jews for everything, so what can you do when that belief is tested? So tragic for them.

53 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

Remember when one of the mods here used project Veritas to justify hating moderate dems?

Good times

This is a little misleading.

The postal worker in question denies recanting.

If he did it may delegitimize his claims further, but even if he holds to the claims that doesn't automatically make them credible.

10 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

But QAnon already blames the Jews for everything, so what can you do when that belief is tested? So tragic for them.

Ugh, do I have to do everything for them? Fine.

The great Satan is what? Communism.

Who is the only real communist power left? China - bonus it is also a constitutionally atheist regime.

Who is the anti-Russia? China, because reasons. Xi is the anti-Putin, also for reasons.

Also, Huawei, because.

And Tik Tok, obvs.

President Xi has notably NOT congratulated Joe Biden on the victory. The naïve think this is because Xi is not terribly pleased Biden has won, or just doesn't want a Trump regime in its death throes to lash out in China's direction. The real reason is, of course, that China rigged the election in Joe's favour, and Xi and Joe agreed that it would be best if China stayed quite and thus superficially seemed either disinterested or somewhat Trump-shy until Joe's win is fully secured and could not be overturned.

Joe IS the Manchurian candidate.

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So.....who's going to be picked to replace Harris in the Senate? Katie Porter seems like a real possibility. 

While I like Katie Porter quite a bit, my guess would be one of three others. Mayor London Breed, Secretary of State Alex Padilla, or Attorney General Xavier Becerra. There are other possibilities including the Mayor of Los Angeles Gil Garcetti (probably given a job in Biden's cabinet) and others, but If I was a betting man, my money would be on Breed, followed closely by Padilla.

5 minutes ago, SFDanny said:

If I was a betting man, my money would be on Breed

Who woulda thought the SF guy would put his money on Breed? :P  Not putting my money anywhere, but it better not be Porter.  There's plenty of great options without putting a House seat at risk.  Other than that, I got no idea what's going on in Newsom's head and I very much prefer it that way.

20 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Don't want to lose her seat though. She's magic in those hearings too.

Wouldn't you rather have her in Senate hearings then? Idk how her district would go if she left, but she could become a towering icon in the Senate.

Archived