US Politics: Autogolpe big or golpe home

Kalbear

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's seriously how they see themselves in their own mind hence the appeal of all of Trump's macho, nationalistic, MAGA talk. The truth is really one of the guys on either side of him and deep inside, they know it.

10 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

In case you guys don’t remember, that’s the first time the WH has been breached since the War of 1812. 
Which we won.

Fuck yeah we did. :cheers:

9 minutes ago, Sharpes said:

But I'm in Australia, tomorrow is now for us. :O

Oh great. 'Everything else going on today and we have to deal with fucking time travelers.

I want off this planet.

Good speech by Schumer at this point. I'd really like to see him call out the fact that it wasn't just Trump that caused this, but almost every Republican in that chamber had a hand in all this, but I guess that would be against the senate rules.

11 minutes ago, Underfoot said:

White house or Capitol?

Both were set on fire, along with much else.  The capitol had to be rebuilt, which didn't get finished until after the Civil War.

5 minutes ago, Fez said:

Just generic talk from McConnell. Doesn't seem like anything big, beyond the certification votes, will be happening tonight.

I mean, what did you expect? Standing up there, all butter wouldn't melt, as if he wasn't one of Trump's single biggest enablers.

Wattle-necked tosser.

4 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Good speech by Schumer at this point. I'd really like to see him call out the fact that it wasn't just Trump that caused this, but almost every Republican in that chamber had a hand in all this, but I guess that would be against the senate rules.

how? 

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I mean, what did you expect? Standing up there, all butter wouldn't melt, as if he wasn't one of Trump's single biggest enablers.

Wattle-necked tosser.

Based on the national guard news earlier, I would not have been entirely surprised (only mostly surprised), if he or Pence had been announced that the 25th amendment had been invoked.

President Trump Just Used Social Media To Attempt A Coup

But what’s the point? The multibillion-dollar internet companies are beyond rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. They’re pointing out the dangers of icebergs as people are drowning.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/president-trump-facebook-twitter-coup?scrolla=5eb6d68b7fedc32c19ef33b4

1 minute ago, Fez said:

Based on the national guard news earlier, I would not have been entirely surprised (only mostly surprised), if he or Pence had been announced that the 25th amendment had been invoked.

Not a chance. That would have taken some backbone. And McConnell has repeatedly demonstrated that he possesses about as much backbone as a fillet of jellyfish.

30 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Turn the page, my ass.

Oh that's right, just roll over. "Oh, it would take too long. Gee, I dunno."

Start the fucking process. Force the vote. Tie him like an albatross around the neck of any party member or senator who would oppose it. You are not going to reconcile with these idiots. This is about the future of the country, Jackass.

15 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Fuck yeah we did. :cheers:

Oh great. 'Everything else going on today and we have to deal with fucking time travelers.

I want off this planet.

If you pay me a reasonable fee I can tell you tomorrow's winning lotto numbers. :P

By the by, it looks like about an hour ago the police finally started acting as you'd expect.

Note that from the uniforms these are all MPD (DC police), not the now-maligned capitol police

43 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, if it's gonna work McConnell would have to be on board, so I'd assume Chao would be the most secure yay vote in the Cabinet.

Right.  I just don’t know if they have the numbers.  Easier to draft up articles of impeachment and zoom in John Roberts?

Archived