Football: Return of the CR7

Corvinus85

Our online fanbases weird obsession with a sporting director makes me cringe a bit. You would think Klopp handed in his immediate resignation based on the doom and gloom reactions. 

On 8/28/2021 at 1:22 PM, polishgenius said:

Firmino getting injured made Liverpool worse.

100% he was playing really well till he got injured I thought. If he’s out for a while then we really do need to buy someone as Klopp clearly doesn’t trust or rate Minamino or Origi (anymore). 

If we get 30mil for Dan James we have to put it towards a DM.

He gets a hard rap from some fans- clearly the final-third quality isn't there at the level we need it but he does a useful job in certain situations- but out of the wingers/forwards we have he clearly is the most expendable at this point.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

If we get 30mil for Dan James we have to put it towards a DM.

Ducker reported that it's very unlikely United will make another signing this window. Says the club were targeting a net spend of £75-100m this window and with addons included in incoming and outgoing transfers, we are a little above that at £103m or a little below at £90m with addons excluded.

ETA. Reports that Renato Sanches is set to join Wolves on loan.

ETA2.

Pretty strange what's going on with Maitland-Niles at Arsenal at the moment.  It sounds like they refused Everton's offer for him but are now making him train away from the first team. Is Arteta completely losing the plot?

I'm surprised more teams aren't in for AMN though, even if just for his song!

Eintracht Frankfurt sporting director Markus Krösche noted (among other things) that he had received no concrete offer for Serbian winger Filip Kostic during a post-match interview this weekend. According to Germany's Sport Bild, this was because an initial tender from Lazio Rome had actually been sent to the wrong e-mail address.

https://bulinews.com/news/9818/sport-bild-report-frankfurt-set-accept-second-lazio-bid-for-kostic

Is Kostic good?

6 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

It sounds like they refused Everton's offer for him

It was a 2 year loan offer, which is apparently why they refused - you can see why given that his contract expires in 2 years.

3 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

When he is properly motivated he is a very good player. However, footballers who go on strike to try to force a move raise quite a few red flags for me personally.

22 minutes ago, Rorscach said:

We don't, really, we're at sell to buy given FFP rules.

I thought FFP was suspended or significantly loosened while revenue is reduced due to COVID.

That said, Everton’s net spend over the past five years is almost as big as Chelsea’s (and ~80m GBP more than Liverpool’s), so they may just be tapped out on the FFP metric no matter how much it is loosened.

Archived