NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

Rhom

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

To be fair the Vikings D is actually pretty good. Outside of a few plays I'm not sure what more Baker could have done. I'd just chalk it up as a weird ass game for both teams. I said it would probably be close, but I would not have guessed it would be that low scoring (I kind of figured it would be a 27-24 game, regardless of who won).

Baker missed a bunch of wide open throws today, including that easy touchdown pass to Beckham.  He did the same thing last week, consistently overthrowing guys downfield in a way that isn't normal for him.  I think his shoulder, which may have been dislocated in week two, is still bothering him.  It was his off shoulder, but is probably still a pain management issue each time he throws.  He was insanely accurate the first two weeks, but has really struggled in weeks three and four.  And after the injury in week two, he pretty much exclusively threw it short.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

Insert gif of Colbert eating popcorn.

I used to think it was silly for people to say he wouldn't make it through the season. Now I'm not so sure:

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I used to think it was silly for people to say he wouldn't make it through the season. Now I'm not so sure:

Yeah, that thread is wild.  The whole thing with Urban staying back in Ohio to grind on women who weren't his wife is one of the best subplots of this NFL season.

On a related note:

Dallas released Jaylon Smith even though they owe him 7 mill this year guaranteed. I'm shocked because they usually don't make this kind of move, sounds like they were scared of his injury clause for 9.2 next year. I've been bitching about him for two seasons, he seems to be out of position 90% of the snaps. Over reacts to the first move he sees then has to chase the play down from behind. Loved his heart and story but at the end of the day he just isn't performing.  Vander Esch needs to be on notice.

3 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Okay I must've missed a lot.

What exactly is everybody so down on Meyer about?

After the loss to the Bengals, he stayed in Ohio while the team flew home.  Not a big deal, except he got caught on video drunk at a bar grinding on a woman who wasn’t his wife and sticking his finger up a girl’s butthole.

And that's why you don't draft the same QB in nearly every fucking league you're in. Shit.

ETA: Your starting QB is hurt. Your backup is out there with less than 30 seconds and you're down by two scores. Why in god's name are you not kneeling the ball? 

So the double punt by the Seahawks was truly impressive, particularly after Jamir Jones, who Seattle took off the Steelers' waivers just last week, absolutely owned and operated that block.

Tremendous athleticism to scoop it up and kick it again, and very creative as well.

Those uniforms on display, though, were wretched.  The two LA teams already have new uniforms with pastel color schemes that push the boundaries toward Div II College / Miami Dolphins, and when paired up with those fluorescent pajamas Seattle wore, it is truly Junior Varsity.  Yikes.

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Tremendous athleticism to scoop it up and kick it again, and very creative as well.

The Seahawks punter is a former Aussie rules player apparently so I think he just reverted to playing Aussie rules when things went sideways. Kicking on the run like that's pretty much half of what they do. Good pick up though.

It looked like Wilson fucked the ligaments in his finger. That's probably not ideal for the Seahawks.

8 hours ago, ljkeane said:

It looked like Wilson fucked the ligaments in his finger. That's probably not ideal for the Seahawks.

Early reports are he's out 4-8 weeks. Looking at their schedule there's probably only two winnable games if he's out that long, and if that's the case they should just shut him down for the season.

In other news, Urban Meyer has to be thanking the Sports Gods that Jon Gruden did something that was far worse than his sins. 

Archived