MCU: The Amazing Disappearing Daredevil!

Rhom

1 hour ago, williamjm said:

It actually opened at #1 at the box office, although that might have had something to do with the August 2020 release date.

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

The best part is Anya Taylor-Joy and her pterodactyl hand puppet.

I have zero recollection of this.  :dunno: 

Dont suppose it made its way to Disney Plus with the other X-men films.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Sure is 'splodey.

It's been a while but I don't remember Captain America unloading on someone with a machine gun. Probably the Helicarrier scene?

Wow yeah that's something. The trailer I remember is the one with the "hulk catches iron man" moment spoiled in it.

As for the machine gun my understanding is that they film a ton of stuff that never gets used so they have tons of options when editing. I'd love to see more of it one day. Especially given the multiverse stuff it seems like there's some potential there maybe. Evans doesn't want to come back? his cameo in Multiverse of Madness can be them watching a captain america mow people down with a machine gun. 

I don't know why they don't do "extended editions" on disney+. You could go through all the extant movies and add one to Disney+ each month. I blame George Lucas for souring the idea of improving your old movies. 

Oh, it's in there. Maybe not that exact shot but, yeah. Watching some of these clips it occurs to me that Whedon likes his Dutch angles more than I remember. 

59 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I don't know why they don't do "extended editions" on disney+. You could go through all the extant movies and add one to Disney+ each month. I blame George Lucas for souring the idea of improving your old movies. 

I blame SW fans for souring the idea. Lucas pointed out (rightly) that Ridley Scott can do a bunch of work on blade Runner and nobody bats an eye.

Some of it didn't really work but many of his changes were actually improvements. People mock it now, and it might look janky as hell, but I can remember seeing ANH in a packed theater in '97 and you could hear a pin drop during the Jabba scene. When it was over the crowd erupted in applause. That said, I'm proud that I have a physical copy of The Phantom Menace with the original Yoda puppet and not the CGI replacement Lucas felt compelled to do after people whined about it. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Wow yeah that's something. The trailer I remember is the one with the "hulk catches iron man" moment spoiled in it.

As for the machine gun my understanding is that they film a ton of stuff that never gets used so they have tons of options when editing. I'd love to see more of it one day. Especially given the multiverse stuff it seems like there's some potential there maybe. Evans doesn't want to come back? his cameo in Multiverse of Madness can be them watching a captain america mow people down with a machine gun. 

I do recall Cap using a gun in that film. It's during Loki's escape. Cap and Tony are fixing one of the engines and Cap uses a gun to hold off bad guys and help Tony.

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I blame SW fans for souring the idea. Lucas pointed out (rightly) that Ridley Scott can do a bunch of work on blade Runner and nobody bats an eye.

That's because people can choose whichever version of Blade Runner they want to watch.

48 minutes ago, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

Patrick Stewart confirmed he was in the new Doctor Strange 2 trailer...

Did he finally confirm it or just side step that people have been imitating his voice for years?

It'll be interesting to see if this is Earth 616 Xavier or a variant Xavier, and they still recast a new actor in MCU proper.

As a huge fan of Stewart, I think pulling the X-Men 2000 cast for MCU limits too much and carries too much baggage.

7 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

It'll be interesting to see if this is Earth 616 Xavier or a variant Xavier, and they still recast a new actor in MCU proper.

As a huge fan of Stewart, I think pulling the X-Men 2000 cast for MCU limits too much and carries too much baggage.

Earth 616 is the comics universe. The X-Men film universe is Earth 10005

Hadn’t seen it mentioned here that the Netflix shows will be up on Disney+ March 16th, much sooner than I thought. They even had an ‘upcoming shows’ trailer that featured all the Netflix heroes; Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage … yep, that’s all of them. 

8 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Hadn’t seen it mentioned here that the Netflix shows will be up on Disney+ March 16th, much sooner than I thought. They even had an ‘upcoming shows’ trailer that featured all the Netflix heroes; Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage … yep, that’s all of them. 

Wow.  I had no clue.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Hadn’t seen it mentioned here that the Netflix shows will be up on Disney+ March 16th, much sooner than I thought. They even had an ‘upcoming shows’ trailer that featured all the Netflix heroes; Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage … yep, that’s all of them

:lol: Poor Finn Jones.

Also absent is Punisher, but given the Parent TV Council is slamming including Punisher in Disney's "brand", I guess it makes sense to leave Frank off the promo. 

Finally caught up on everything Phase 4.

Black Widow was mediocre, Shang-Chi a better-than-average origin story, and Eternals surprisingly enjoyable considering everything I heard about it beforehand.

The shows blow the movies out of the water, with the exception of No Way Home, which I wholeheartedly loved.

Loki > Hawkeye > Wandavision > TFATWS

As for What If?, my three favorite episodes were Captain Carter, Supreme Strange, and Star Lord T'Challa.

Can't wait for Doctor Strange 2 and Moonknight.

As for the Netflix shows, I've only ever seen S1 and 2 of Daredevil, S1 of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, and The Defenders. Honestly not motivated to see the rest.

Archived