Football: Roll of the Dyche

Iskaral Pust

1 hour ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Went for a nap-slept through all of the games. 

Chelsea didn't want to let Tottenham get that 4th spot didn't they.

I find it somewhat amusing that even after all the billions they've spent and the trophies they've won they still hate us more than Arsenal. They really are just Millwall with money. :P

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

They really are just Millwall with money. :P

They're not even that anymore. Stamford Bridge, and the myriad barriers surrounding redevelopment, does not support their current business model/wage bill. And I very much doubt the new owners will be putting billions of their own money in. They're fucked.

Sergio Aguero, Didier Drogba, Vincent Kompany, Peter Schmeichel, Paul Scholes and Ian Wright have been announced as the latest inductees into the Premier League Hall of Fame.

They join Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer, David Beckham, Dennis Bergkamp, Eric Cantona, Steven Gerrard, Roy Keane, Frank Lampard, Patrick Vieira and Wayne Rooney.

Hard to argue with any of the additions. I'm not surprised Giggs wasn't added this time, but surprised he wasn't in the initial list. 

9 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Why do they?

To be honest I think spurs fans have always been bemused as to why Chelsea and West Ham hate us so much. For us the traditional rival has always been Arsenal because they're the other North London club.

Maybe it's jealousy, I dunno. We were much bigger than Chelsea and West Ham up until the 2000s when Chelsea moved out of our league thanks to Roman's money.

Arsenal have been out of our league since the late 90s and in the early 2000s they were so good that they probably cared more about beating Man U than beating us. Chelsea, however, seem to still hate us more than the other London clubs.

Not to sound overly sensitive but it could also be the J factor (J for Jewish). Spurs traditionally have a large Jewish fanbase and there's been a history of anti-semitic abuse from Chelsea and West Ham fans (not so much from Arsenal fans, who at least have a degree of class). Chelsea obviously toned it down since Roman took over but there's still glimpses of it.

I once said to some other spurs fans that if I was wearing a spurs shirt in London and I ran into some Arsenal fans I'd expect a bit of banter at most. Whereas if I ran into West Ham fans I'd expect to be spat on.

11 hours ago, MercenaryChef said:

we really are marvelous. i see a top 8 finish as early as next season. 

I'm hopeful top 8, top 6, top 4 over 3 seasons as best case scenario. I don't see us winning anything other than a league/FA cup for at least 5 years unless the rules on spending are ignored. 

5 hours ago, Darryk said:

To be honest I think spurs fans have always been bemused as to why Chelsea and West Ham hate us so much. For us the traditional rival has always been Arsenal because they're the other North London club.

Maybe it's jealousy, I dunno. We were much bigger than Chelsea and West Ham up until the 2000s when Chelsea moved out of our league thanks to Roman's money.

Arsenal have been out of our league since the late 90s and in the early 2000s they were so good that they probably cared more about beating Man U than beating us. Chelsea, however, seem to still hate us more than the other London clubs.

Not to sound overly sensitive but it could also be the J factor (J for Jewish). Spurs traditionally have a large Jewish fanbase and there's been a history of anti-semitic abuse from Chelsea and West Ham fans (not so much from Arsenal fans, who at least have a degree of class). Chelsea obviously toned it down since Roman took over but there's still glimpses of it.

I once said to some other spurs fans that if I was wearing a spurs shirt in London and I ran into some Arsenal fans I'd expect a bit of banter at most. Whereas if I ran into West Ham fans I'd expect to be spat on.

I wish football wasn't such a religion for people. But then again I wish religion didn't lead to violence between people so often.

Archived