List of enemies the Targaryens will have ?

What do you think are all the enemies that Aegon and Daenerys (in addition of each other if the Second Dance of the Dragons truly happen, which I think to be very likely) in Westeros ? 

Who will have the most dangerous and vicious enemies ? Who will be their most dangerous foe (other than each other) ? 

Who are those who do you think will oppose or have at least very good reasons to oppose them ?

I’m guessing that Aegon will have Dorne, the Crownlands, and Kings Landing.

Likely, the Reach and Stormlands will be divided.  Aegon will make enemies out of the Tyrells, Lannisters, and Baratheons.  In all likelihood, some powerful family will supplant the Tyrell’s, and become his chief backer in the Reach.

The North will have its own civil war, much of the Reach and West, will be fighting Euron, the Riverlands will be rising against the Freys, and the Vale will look to its advantage.

When Dany arrives, the Tyrells and their supporters will join her.  Whoever is head of House Lannister will reach out to her, along with enemies of the Conningtons.

I think it all depends on how the situation with Margaery and Cersei's trial works out. If they are both found innocent then the Tyrells may continue to support Tommen. The murder of Kevan may cause sufficient mistrust to really alienate them however, combined with other incidents it may reach a point where the Tyrells abandon Tommen for Aegon instead. I have heard quite a few people say that Lord Rowan will side with F/Aegon too. I don't think the Hightowers will pick a side unless necessary until after the Ironborn issue is dealt with.

The North and Riverlands have their own issues as SeanF says so likely won't be backing anyone until much later.

F/Aegon will probably have Dorne's support so long as they think he's legitimate.

How many supporters Daenerys has depends on how many people back Aegon/believe him to be real.

Vale depends on how the Sansa situation plays out as well.

I think it might be too early to say for definite yet.

I have heard people say that F/Aegon might have Edric Storm and will be setting him up as new Lord of Storm's End. If so this will almost definitely cause conflict with Jon Connington who wants "To end the Usurper's line for good and all." I think that F/Aegon may want to be quite lenient and merciful to all but the most brutal of the rebels but Jon Con will disagree. I can't help but feel that Jon Con will commit some sort of atrocity and things will not end well.

Jon Con's own relatives seem to be very opposed to him.

1 hour ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

What do you think are all the enemies that Aegon and Daenerys (in addition of each other if the Second Dance of the Dragons truly happen, which I think to be very likely) in Westeros ? 

Who will have the most dangerous and vicious enemies ? Who will be their most dangerous foe (other than each other) ? 

Who are those who do you think will oppose or have at least very good reasons to oppose them ?

Cersei and Stannis and that's about it really. I don't think the North will truly oppose them but I don't think they'll care either.

Both Dany and Aegon will be content with claiming nominal control over the North and call it a day.

The former rebels have burned all the goodwill they had.

After the Quentyn and Arianne chapters I think it's clear that Daenerys won't have any friend in house Martell and that the conflict between Targaryens and Dorne may restart with or after the Second Dance. 

Rather than acknowledging Daenerys as queen of the Seven Kingdoms I think that Doran, who'll be most likely broken and mad with grief and rage, even more if Arianne died too, will choose to secede Dorne from the Seven Kingdoms and be willing to die burning if he can make his kingdom independant again and deprive Dany of something. 

28 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

After the Quentyn and Arianne chapters I think it's clear that Daenerys won't have any friend in house Martell

I think the opposite. Quentyn already brokered an alliance with Dany and the Windblown, and while Doran will keep his sons promise I acknowledge others will be mad, like the perpetually mad sandsnakes or Yronwood. 
Aegon I see falling quickly with no other support, Dany may have Ironborn support depending on how that goes down but aside from that shell just make use of Aegons levies. Also if Tyrion becomes her hand and takes the West then its likely he gives his support to her. This will complicate matters with his wife who looks to soon be in possession of like half of Westeros, so like almost everything in asoiaf, it all comes down to Sansa

6 hours ago, SeanF said:

I’m guessing that Aegon will have Dorne, the Crownlands, and Kings Landing.

Likely, the Reach and Stormlands will be divided.  Aegon will make enemies out of the Tyrells, Lannisters, and Baratheons.  In all likelihood, some powerful family will supplant the Tyrell’s, and become his chief backer in the Reach.

The North will have its own civil war, much of the Reach and West, will be fighting Euron, the Riverlands will be rising against the Freys, and the Vale will look to its advantage.

When Dany arrives, the Tyrells and their supporters will join her.  Whoever is head of House Lannister will reach out to her, along with enemies of the Conningtons.

The Lannisters will not resach for Danny because of Tyrion, who wants revenge on his House. House Lannister will probably be heavily damaged from Aegon and Tyrion will try to take revenge and do something he will later regret. I feel that Tyrion will have something to do with the fall of his house from prominence. 

42 minutes ago, Dreadscythe95 said:

The Lannisters will not resach for Danny because of Tyrion, who wants revenge on his House. House Lannister will probably be heavily damaged from Aegon and Tyrion will try to take revenge and do something he will later regret. I feel that Tyrion will have something to do with the fall of his house from prominence. 

There's also the sack of King's Landing, the death of Aerys and the barbaric rape and murder of Elia Martell and her children that marked with red iron the relations between the Targaryens and house Lannister. 

When he did this Tywin knew that he was burning all bridges between houses Lannister and Targaryen, and that was his intention because otherwise Robert and the other rebels wouldn't trust and make him part of the new regime. 

While Tyrion may find the arguments to convince Daenerys to let him join her, with him having killed his father and wanting vengeance over the rest of his family for their treatment of him and of Tysha, the rest of the Lannisters are going to suffer for Jaime and Tywin's actions at King's Landing. And they won't have the excuse of having disobeyed or rebelled against Tywin. 

Aegon will have to deal with the Tyrells and Lannisters, part of the Reach and part of the Crowlands and a few Stormlords.

Daenerys is hard to predict, if she lands like in the tv-show, with a buch of Dothraki barbarians, and weird eunuch slaves, everybody will opose to her, the question is who will have the strenght.

13 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

The only enemies who may present a challenge are the Starks and their White Walker friends. Jon Snow will return from the dead as an undead ice wight.  He will lead the White Walkers and the other evils against the people of Westeros.  Drogon will burn them all at the Trident.

3 minutes ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

The only enemies who may present a challenge are the Starks and their White Walker friends. Jon Snow will return from the dead as an undead ice wight.  He will lead the White Walkers and the other evils against the people of Westeros.  Drogon will burn them all at the Trident.

Please not again...

Jon and the Wight Walkers are assuredly enemies. Almost all of the actions Jon has taken as Lord Commander have been to counter and reduce the power of the Others. Melisandre is more likely to ressurect Jon if he's dead seeing as she's right there.

Furthermore, even if this happens to Jon for some reason, why would Sansa, Bran, Rickon and Arya want to exterminate everyone and join the Others?

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

Please not again...

Jon and the Wight Walkers are assuredly enemies. Almost all of the actions Jon has taken as Lord Commander have been to counter and reduce the power of the Others. Melisandre is more likely to ressurect Jon if he's dead seeing as she's right there.

Furthermore, even if this happens to Jon for some reason, why would Sansa, Bran, Rickon and Arya want to exterminate everyone and join the Others?

Jon was the worst commander ever to come along at the wall.  He started a fight with the Boltons.  He murdered Slynt for a slight insult. 

Just now, Only 89 selfies today said:

Jon was the worst commander ever to come along at the wall.  He started a fight with the Boltons.  He murdered Slynt for a slight insult.

First off, no he wasn't, and even if he was it doesn't change the fact that almost all his actions were taken to counter the threat of the Others. Secondly, the Boltons are the ones who want to start a fight. Thirdly, he executed Slynt for failing to follow orders, not for an insult.

Young Griff arrived first, so it is he who will face the most opposition.  This opposition will most come from the usual rotten apples: Lannister, Stannis, Littlefinger, Euron, etc.  He means to claim the throne while providing very little proof, so yeah, there will be plenty of opposition.  I assume he will overcome them somehow or die trying.

Daenerys will arrive in the last few chapters of the last volume.  By then, Westeros will be covered by ice.  It will be dark and creatures of the Others will be terrorizing the remainder of the living.  What is left of the dark Stark brood will either be in direwolf form or serving the Others.  

3 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

Daenerys will arrive in the last few chapters of the last volume.  By then, Westeros will be covered by ice.  It will be dark and creatures of the Others will be terrorizing the remainder of the living.  What is left of the dark Stark brood will either be in direwolf form or serving the Others

Daenerys is the mad king come again. When she lands she will be recognised as the mad king's daughter. The rest of Westeros will band together to fight her and her army of eunuchs and slavers. Unfortunately the dragons may cause lots of death before they are put down by good loyal men. Jon Snow will be hailed as the saviour of Westeros when he ends his mad aunt's regime. All the dragons will die. Grey Worm will be executed.

I doubt Aegon will last long enough to accumulate much in the way of enemies.  I see him as a red herring, and suspect his life expectancy is such he might as well have a target as his sigil.  Cersei will certainly oppose him, and Daenerys might as well.  He may hang around for a while, but I doubt he accomplishes much.

Daenerys is harder to figure out.  Much depends on whether she prepares the ground for her arrival, and who she shows up with (e.g., a bunch of weird and untrustworthy foreigners).  Cersei and Stannis, as well as the entire Westlands will not be on her side.  The North could go either way.  Probably wait and see at first, unless she gets involved with the fight against the Others.  Then they will be her biggest fans.

Dorne's allegiance will depend on how she arrives and what they hear regarding Quentyn.  The Tyrells are wild cards.  I have no idea where their sympathies lie.

I believe that Aegon will have Stormlands, Dorne, some Crownlands and some Reach lords (Tarly, Rowan). Plus the Faith. Dorne (Elia's family) acknowledging him as real will be all the credibility he has. Aegon will have the opposition of Cersei, Euron, Tyrells. 

Daenerys upon arriving will have a bad reputation (which she already has until the end of DwD) and be considered just the mad King's daughter. Her arrival with a horde of savages, eunuchs and freed slaves will not help her gain Westeroshi support. Just those who were disappointed by Aegon (Tyrells, Redwynes). Some riverlanders may help her plus the narrow sea houses. Plus Victarion's team of Ironlanders.

Cersei and Euron will form an alliance and oppose everyone. 

Riverlands will be too devastated to help anyone. 

North will be too frozen to help. They will ask for southern help and Daenerys will come.

Archived