Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Re: cunt, you NEED to hang with some Australians. Don’t even have to be bogans, just regular Australians use cunt like Canadians use ‘sorry’, with hundreds of variations communicated via tone and context. 

Can anyone think of another culture that has a non-religious prison-code word that means almost automatic conflict? It’s so arbitrary, synonyms hardly register. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Again, I find Meghan to be rather uninteresting. The backlash towards her is and is worth exploring. Especially when people like you want to call her a liar when the accusations are pretty thin while ignoring how the royals are so much more guilty of the same thing. I'll always find hypocrisy like this interesting.

Dude, she suggested that her children would be exploited by tabloids that disparaged her, lied about her, and lead to the death her husband's mother even though there is a LAW about photographs in school. Simply evil for her to impugn their sterling reputation (WINK) and to suggest that laws might be skirted, changed, or simply ignored.

3 minutes ago, Week said:

Dude, she suggested that her children would be exploited by tabloids that disparaged her, lied about her, and lead to the death her husband's mother even though there is a LAW about photographs in school. Simply evil for her to impugn their sterling reputation (WINK) and to suggest that laws might be skirted, changed, or simply ignored.

Yeah, totally. It's not like they'd ever do anything immoral or illegal like, doctor photographs or tap peoples phones. 

27 minutes ago, Week said:

I'm not having that. He was driving like a twat and she wasn't wearing a seat belt. And they were chasing her with cameras, not swords, there was no need for that to happen. The press are fucking scum, but thats not on them. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

I'm not having that. He was driving like a twat and she wasn't wearing a seat belt. And they were chasing her with cameras, not swords, there was no newd for that to happen. The press are fucking scum, but thats not on them. 

Ok, sure, I had written that as 'contributed' which seems sufficiently middle-ground to be valid.

Regardless, it's a bunch a pox-ridden assholes that freely skirt and break the law. Concern over that behavior continuing is absolutely rational.

1 hour ago, Maltaran said:

You can understand why Andrew thinks he can get away with what he did when you look at the kind of people they have in the police.

I'm just now learning about David Carrick. Disgusting. I hope the bury him under the jail. 

And lets not forget that met police officers were colluding with the tabloids in the phone hacking scandal.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm not having that. He was driving like a twat and she wasn't wearing a seat belt. And they were chasing her with cameras, not swords, there was no need for that to happen. The press are fucking scum, but thats not on them. 

But they were still chasing her, right?

8 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

They also photographed her and the other crash victims as they lay injured, dead or dying

Well to be fair they needed to know if and when they possibly became zombies.

I'll see myself out. 

44 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

They also photographed her and the other crash victims as they lay injured, dead or dying

Holy shit, really? I didn't know that. 

The driver is most responsible for the wreck, but he would not have been doing that speed in that tunnel if he wasn't being chased. and if you've seen the damage to that car, it's unlikely a seatbelt would have saved her. She was sitting in the back seat with no front or side curtain airbag. 

9 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Holy shit, really? I didn't know that. 

The driver is most responsible for the wreck, but he would not have been doing that speed in that tunnel if he wasn't being chased. and if you've seen the damage to that car, it's unlikely a seatbelt would have saved her. She was sitting in the back seat with no front or side curtain airbag. 

I think if you search you see pictures on the internet of the dying Diana…

Well, well.

6TH OCTOBER 2022

Press release: Various Claimants vs. Associated Newspapers Limited

BY CALLUM GALBRAITH 

Today a group of people have launched a legal action against Associated Newspapers, publishers of The Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday and the Mail Online.

The group behind this legal offensive are: Baroness Doreen Lawrence of Clarendon OBE; Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex; Sir Elton John and David Furnish; Elizabeth Hurley; and Sadie Frost.

These individuals have become aware of compelling and highly distressing evidence that they have been the victims of abhorrent criminal activity and gross breaches of privacy by Associated Newspapers. Unlawful acts alleged to have taken place include:

• The hiring of private investigators to secretly place listening devices inside people’s cars and homes
  • The commissioning of individuals to surreptitiously listen into and record people’s live, private telephone calls whilst they were taking place
  • The payment of police officials, with corrupt links to private investigators, for inside, sensitive information
  • The impersonation of individuals to obtain medical information from private hospitals, clinics, and treatment centres by deception
  • The accessing of bank accounts, credit histories and financial transactions through illicit means and manipulation.

It is apparent to these individuals that the alleged crimes listed above represent the tip of the iceberg – and that many other innocent people remain unknowing victims of similar terrible and reprehensible covert acts.

They have now therefore banded together to uncover the truth, and to hold the journalists responsible fully accountable, many of whom still hold senior positions of authority and power today.

These individuals have been the subject of public interest during the course of their careers and personal lives. They are united in their desire to live in a world where the press operates freely, yet responsibly. A press that represents truth, is sourced in fact and can be trusted to operate ethically and in the interests of the British public.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, and Sadie Frost are represented by Hamlins LLP.

Baroness Doreen Lawrence of Clarendon OBE, Elizabeth Hurley and Sir Elton John and David Furnish are represented by gunnercooke.

David Sherborne of 5RB is Counsel for all the Claimants instructed by Callum Galbraith of Hamlins LLP and Anjlee Sangani of gunnercooke.

From Nelson Mandela's grand-daughter.

OTHERS TAKE MANDELA’S NAME IN VAIN, NOT HARRY AND MEGHAN
I applaud the work the royal couple does inspired by my grandfather. I abhor those who exploit his legacy for personal gain

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/01/nelson-mandela-name-prince-harry-meghan-markle/672762/

Live to Lead, a Netflix documentary series that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle produced, cites the legacy of Nelson Mandela as its inspiration. Because he was my grandfather, I was contacted recently by an Australian newspaper to comment on this. Call me naive, but I did not suspect that I was being recruited to a press vendetta against the royal couple; I was shocked when my remarks were misused.

My statement of an obvious fact—that their struggles, my grandfather’s and Harry and Meghan’s, were hardly identical—was turned into a slight against the couple. When I voiced my annoyance at seeing Mandela’s name and legacy exploited, that too was taken to be an attack on the documentary and the couple.

This was far from what I’d meant. In fact, I felt dumbfounded and disheartened to see my name, and my grandfather’s, used to serve a backlash against Meghan Markle, a woman of color who’d had the temerity to marry into the British Royal Family.

Caitlin Flanagan: Harry, Meghan, and the men who hate them

Yes, it upsets me whenever the Mandela name or likeness is used for purely commercial purposes, to sell merchandise without any benefit to the family or the charitable causes he championed. And I will always criticize such cynical profiteering.

That’s not what I associate with Harry and Meghan. Indeed, I welcome the inspiration they’ve taken from my grandfather’s legacy for their social activism. I admire them for the courage of their convictions and the good causes they have espoused. Their work resonates with my grandfather’s preoccupation with justice and freedom for all. ....

.... By contrast, Harry’s fascination with the life of my grandfather seems not only sincere but also to go back years. Harry has spoken of meeting my grandfather late in his life, and in 2014, he founded the Invictus Games for disabled former servicemen and women. Invictus, which means “unconquerable,” is also the title of a poem, by the British poet William Ernest Henley, that my grandfather used to recite during his 27 years in the apartheid regime’s prison. ....