Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Mr. Chatywin et al.

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dude, she's one of the most famous people in the world now. People are interested in her opinion even if she's not that interesting. That's how fame works. Most famous people aren't interesting, btw. Your dear departed Queen was probably one of the most boring famous people to ever live, but she was the Queen so many had to hang on her every word, however few she said publicly.

Truly spoken

One reason I have never indulged in Facebook or Twitter is exactly for that reason.  Most celebs, let alone people, are as dull as dishwater. 

Considering that Spare has sold more copies of a non-fiction book in its first week of publication than any other in the records so far, it would be fair to assume that somebodies somewheres are very interested in what the Sussexes think.  A whole LOT of somebodies.  

But as you are, all ya all fools for whom this has your knicks in a great big wodge up your backside, keep howling into the vaccuum.  :rofl:

If it so often didn't end in trauma and murder of so many, it would be hilarious witnessed this latest iteration of men desperate for the attention they crave, attacking yet another woman, as the only method they can devise to get what they so desperately crave, while they also throw in racism, bigotry, hatred and every other sort of hatred they believe provides approbation when they exhibit these traits that make-up a good deal of their sad psyches.*

* These guys claim to know every detail of Meghan's and other women's inner life, so fair play right?

Edited by Zorral

Heh, this thread was pretty dead until HoI couldn't resist the siren call of irrational hatred against Meghan Markle. But he'll keep up his shabby insistence that EVERYONE ELSE is obsessed with Markle and he's the lone voice of sense and reason.

That run-down of the insanely relentless tabloid pursuit of Meghan and Everything remotely and/made-up about Meghan show who are obsessed with Meghan and what she may or may not think, or what they think she should think.  Like the obsessive Meghan/women/transgender, etc. haters we see all around, ya think?

Edited by Zorral

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I wonder how much worse it would have got if she was much darker skinned. 

Ah, the topology of racism. 

I can remember during the right wing freak out over Obama, and no it wasn't all racist, that he fact that he was  "mixed race" was actually a bigger problem than if both his parents were black. "Miscegenation", they like to call it.    

51 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Heh, this thread was pretty dead until HoI couldn't resist the siren call of irrational hatred against Meghan Markle. But he'll keep up his shabby insistence that EVERYONE ELSE is obsessed with Markle and he's the lone voice of sense and reason.

MMDS is real

15 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

A lot probably.

44 minutes ago, Zorral said:

That run-down of the insanely relentless tabloid pursuit of Meghan and Everything remotely and/made-up about Meghan show who are obsessed with Meghan and what she may or may not think, or what they think she should think.  Like the obsessive Meghan/women/transgender, etc. haters we see all around, ya think?

This whole thing starts with an insane (illegal) dirt mining exercise by the Daily Mail, but the fundamental narrative was established early on by Samantha Grant IMO. But she got paid though. She got paid. 

And make no mistake, "The Firm" helped fuel this by obviously leaking confidences to hostile tabloid media. When the people who are supposed have your back are actively working against you: that's why they got out. 

Good for them. 

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Your dear departed Queen was probably one of the most boring famous people to ever live, but she was the Queen so many had to hang on her every word, however few she said publicly.

One of the headlines on Yahoo at the moment that I spotted when I was checking my mail earlier was 'King sparks laughter at Kellog's factory with joke'. Turned out the joke was that he was there to unveil commemoration of the 100th anniversary, but that was actually last year so he said 'sorry I'm a year late'. 

That was a news story

47 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

One of the headlines on Yahoo at the moment that I spotted when I was checking my mail earlier was 'King sparks laughter at Kellog's factory with joke'. Turned out the joke was that he was there to unveil commemoration of the 100th anniversary, but that was actually last year so he said 'sorry I'm a year late'. 

That was a news story

In general it's depressing to see a ton of news stories at the top of CNN's page each morning. The Guardian is a little better, but still packed with a lot of fluff.

13 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Generally I'm more on the side of H&M, if I have to pick one, but him being upset because nobody laughed at her shit joke, fuck off mate, big fucking baby. 

Kate, 'what did you think of your first trooping of the colour'?

Meghan 'colourful'.  

followed by deafening silence apparently

I wouldn't have even known it was a joke if he hadn't said it was.  

You can tell Harry is lying because Meghan would have said "colorful"

5 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Like I said before, imagine he married Megan Thee Stallion. The British press would have lost its mind.