Football: Fever Pitch

Raja

9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Jorginho confirmed to Arsenal, £12 million seems about right for someone that age with only half a year on his contract. 

I don't hate the deal and if he helps us win the title, I'm all for it. He's definitely not a long term answer and not even a great cover for Partey but his ability in possession and to build from the back is perfect for what this team needs if Partey gets injured. And he's ready-made which is a big part of the appeal.

Lot of chatter that we're trying to get a loan move for Sabitzer off Bayern through. 

Couldn't argue with that. I'm not sure he's quite as tidy as Eriksen on the ball but he's a lot closer to him there than Eriksen is to him off the ball, from what I've seen. Certainly seems like a good squad addition. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Much rather this than £100m on Caicedo.

Well, I don't think Arsenal would ever pay 100m which is why we don't have him. I'm fine with Jorginho for a title push but would much rather have Caicedo for a title push + long term perspective. I very much think we need two players of his quality in the summer to beef up the midfield.

10 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Isco to Union Berlin is off.

That transfer felt just wrong anyway. Now the blame game started. 

Union: The player's camp suddenly upped their demands, which went beyond what we were able/willing to offer..

Isco's agent: The club walked back on previous agreements.

Oddest move of the window for me might be Terem Moffi to Nice, not because it's odd that Nice would go for him, but that no-one outside of France got there if he was available. He'd improve so many teams. For, essentially, 30mil Euros (loan for now, obligation to buy in summer)? Absolute no brainer. A team like Everton should have been all over a deal like that. 

Archived