Football: Squeaky Bum Time

polishgenius

So two games in a row Arsenal have been two up and then ended up a little lucky to come away with a point. Kind of feels like a draw at the Etihad wouldn’t cut it now, Arsenal don’t seem likely to be perfect in all their other games.

Well, City's one edge in this race over Arsenal.

All those close title races against Liverpool have taught them them how to deliver those wins on demand. They know those situations.

Good news for Arsenal. Today's result hasn'T really changed their prospect too much. They're still in the driver's seat, with City having a hand at the wheel.

3 hours ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

Seems everyone was right when they said Saliba is intergral to this Arsenal defense. They don't look the same without him.

Massively important. In the game against Liverpool, Holding gave the ball back ~15 times. Today, he was a mess too. Saliba is so good because he's so composed on the ball and rarely panics. That is not Holding. It's a massive loss.

2 hours ago, Daemon the Leaner said:

Dalot with his first ever league goal apparently

Probably why he squeezed in all the celebrations he knew. Like five different ones. 

Anyway, after a slightly wobbly start, good performance. And De Gea now leading the golden gloves race this season, somehow. No idea how that's happened. 

Didn't watch the game but

1. Going away from home two weeks in a row by 0-2 and then coming away with 2 points is not great at all. We had a chance to kill the game and we couldn't. Also had most of the second half to respond to going to 2-2 but we didn't. I feel like if you want to be champions, you have to win that game.

2. We can still technically do it, but we have to be perfect really and with Saliba I would feel confident but without him I think it'll be really tough.

Man city seem like they're not gonna drop points at all the rest of the season the way they're playing.

Sigh.

I think that City have a much deeper squad and can handle squad rotation more easily than Arsenal. Plus they've been in this situation a few times in recent seasons, needing to win all the matches to edge out Liverpool for the title so I'm quite sure they're up for it mentally, as well as physically.

Not saying it's a done deal, but if I were a betting man, my money would definitely be on City at this point.

1 hour ago, baxus said:

I think that City have a much deeper squad and can handle squad rotation more easily than Arsenal. Plus they've been in this situation a few times in recent seasons, needing to win all the matches to edge out Liverpool for the title so I'm quite sure they're up for it mentally, as well as physically.

Not saying it's a done deal, but if I were a betting man, my money would definitely be on City at this point.

I give Arsenal about 25% maximum chance now.  Weird how if they had fought back from 2-0 down twice they would be much more bullish and upbeat.  

It is what it is. Saliba injury is massive for us and without him, I don't see any path for us to win the league. He's just so calm on the ball in a way that Rob Holding never will. Hard to control the ball when Holding gives it back 15x a game.

Losing both Saliba and Tomiyasu was a big blow. Otherwise, Arsenal could've put White at CB and Tomiyasu at RB. Zinchenko was out yesterday as well so it shouldn't have been all that surprising that Arsenal's defence looked a bit shaky. However, they really should have been able to see out that game after going 2-0 up but the combination of a missed penalty and Benrahma scoring at the other end shortly thereafter seemed to rattle them.

Archived