UK Politics: Bully for you

Derfel Cadarn

So Princess Anne doesn't think slimming down the monarchy is a good idea.

When asked if there are “conversations about relevance”, she replied:

“There will be, everywhere. It’s not a conversation that I would necessarily have. I think it’s perfectly true that it is a moment where you need to have that discussion. But I would just underline that the monarchy provides, with the constitution, a degree of long-term stability that is actually quite hard to come by any other way.

Hang on. What the  fuck does this even mean? And has she seen the state of the Tories over the past ten years. Britain has no constitution. Stability? She's talking out of her over-privileged bunghole.

Edited by Spockydog

I want to see someone ask Rishi Sunak, on camera, why anyone should be expected to pledge allegiance to a paedophile sex predator.

Also, Chaz would be advised to get Starmer's pledge in writing.

Edited by Spockydog

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/may/02/anti-monarchists-receive-intimidatory-home-office-letter-on-new-protest-laws-coronation

Anti-monarchists receive ‘intimidatory’ Home Office letter on new protest laws

Home Office claims timing of new powers, taking effect days before king’s coronation, is coincidental.

Official warning letters have been sent to anti-monarchists planning peaceful protests at King Charles III’s coronation saying that new criminal offences to prevent disruption have been rushed into law.

Using tactics described by lawyers as “intimidatory”, the Home Office’s Police Powers Unit wrote to the campaign group Republic saying new powers had been brought forward to prevent “disruption at major sporting and cultural events”.

ARTICLE CONTINUES

So it's entirely co-incidental that it's been rushed through for this event and that you specifically are being targetted by warned about it.

16 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

That’ll teach the next people who decide to own dolls! Fuckers. 

Certainly will teach the next lot to own blatantly racist dolls and literally hang them from the bar while referencing lynching.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

That'll teach the racists who unrepentantly flout their racism in the faces of their customers.

I get the impression the majority of their customers were cut from the same cloth. 

14 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I get the impression the majority of their customers were cut from the same cloth. 

Why, oh why, are you persecuting us for being open racists? 

It was only a few years ago UK conservatives took umbrage with being compared to Republicans. Now they're imitating them. What a lovely fucking world. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Aye. But I think a couple of non-regulars walked in and were rightly appalled. Locals probably gave 'em The old Slaughtered Lamb treatment.

I have voted.

What I will say despite there being no-one else in the queue  so just me it took twice as long to be given my voting slip as previously.  this is due to them carefully checking that my name and address on my driving licance matched what I had said and their forms and that I looked like my photo.

I imagian that in busy districts this is going to cause long delays.  and yes I had my ID in my hand ready and did not have to dig it out of my purse.

They also told me when I asked that they are keeping a tally chart of the number of people they turn away due to lack of ID as this is the first time we have needed ID to vote in this district.  this will not be happening at the next election. (which might be a more true indication of voting problems as this is just local council elections so probably a low turnout anyway)