UK Politics: Bully for you

Derfel Cadarn

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Cruising through the Guardian as I do every AM there was a photo of the most significant of the current British politicos seated in the Cathedral.  Every single one of them a pathetic pos, and this doesn't even start with bozo  You all are as bad as we are in the production of such.  

Not yet. The gun culture still makes our conservatives far worse. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Not yet. The gun culture still makes our conservatives far worse. 

More than a few are calling what we're going through a 'soft civil war.'  For those who are the victims though, there is nothing soft about it.

I actually enjoyed most of the show. I wondered who the strange woman in green was. The singing in the Cathedral was magnificent. I didn’t pvr the full coverage, I decided it would be too much, I just recorded the highlights stuff. I’ll happily replay the singing. It was nice to see the women and girls in the choir, I bet there weren’t any at Queen Elizabeth’s coronation. I think all of them will remember this as one of the highlights of their lives, although I bet some of them will be around to sing at William’s coronation.

I was impressed with all the members of the military and their precision. And their patience. Must have been miserable in the cold.

Every time God Save the King was played my brain stubbornly wanted to say The Queen.

I was happy to see Harry in the church. I was sorry he wasn’t on the balcony, and I wondered if he declined an invitation or if he wasn’t invited.

My lord, there are some extremely good looking royal grandchildren.

The soldier in the bearskin hat who barked out the commands at the royal salute had quite the voice. When he took his bearskin off I saw he was an old grey headed guy. Good for him!

All in all a spectacular coronation ceremony. I am indifferent to the royals (note I almost never commented in the H&M threads), but considering it’s been only the second one in 70 years, you guys who are bitching about the cost are being short-sighted. I’m sure the event has paid for itself and more from the tourism and economic activity generated. If a food bank was closed for the day, I’m sorry, but if you’re complaining about not enough money being given to food banks, that rests on your slimy politicians. They could dedicate a percentage of the money earned on taxes this week to charity. But they won’t.

It’s Harry’s son’s birthday so he was returning home asap.

”Interesting” timing. Apparently the queen delayed her coronation because the original date clashed with some horse event … Charles had his on his grandson’s birthday 

23 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I actually enjoyed most of the show. I wondered who the strange woman in green was. The singing in the Cathedral was magnificent. I didn’t pvr the full coverage, I decided it would be too much, I just recorded the highlights stuff. I’ll happily replay the singing. It was nice to see the women and girls in the choir, I bet there weren’t any at Queen Elizabeth’s coronation. I think all of them will remember this as one of the highlights of their lives, although I bet some of them will be around to sing at William’s coronation.

I was impressed with all the members of the military and their precision. And their patience. Must have been miserable in the cold.

Every time God Save the King was played my brain stubbornly wanted to say The Queen.

I was happy to see Harry in the church. I was sorry he wasn’t on the balcony, and I wondered if he declined an invitation or if he wasn’t invited.

My lord, there are some extremely good looking royal grandchildren.

The soldier in the bearskin hat who barked out the commands at the royal salute had quite the voice. When he took his bearskin off I saw he was an old grey headed guy. Good for him!

All in all a spectacular coronation ceremony. I am indifferent to the royals (note I almost never commented in the H&M threads), but considering it’s been only the second one in 70 years, you guys who are bitching about the cost are being short-sighted. I’m sure the event has paid for itself and more from the tourism and economic activity generated. If a food bank was closed for the day, I’m sorry, but if you’re complaining about not enough money being given to food banks, that rests on your slimy politicians. They could dedicate a percentage of the money earned on taxes this week to charity. But they won’t.

Teachers, doctors, nurses and ambulance drivers have all been striking recently over pay. Charles could have funded this grotesquerie out of his own money. Instead, people are starving, living in mould-infested homes, and unable to heat their homes. How much of today’s ‘tourism’ money will reach them?

We’ve also had people arrested today for peaceful protests, before they even started

36 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Apparently the queen delayed her coronation because the original date clashed with some horse event …

That's one of the many reasons we know up in heaven EII watched/watches the Run for the Roses; not this!

44 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

”Interesting” timing. Apparently the queen delayed her coronation because the original date clashed with some horse event … Charles had his on his grandson’s birthday 

I can't see anything wrong with that.

39 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

We’ve also had people arrested today for peaceful protests, before they even started

Reminds of the arrests of people for protesting at the the Queen’s funeral. That and shutting down things people need to survive not get hurt.

But the cult of tradition must have its way.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

'Generational moment has been a key consideration'

what a load of nonsense

Fucking Hell!

”we decided because it was a big event thet we needed to ignore the law and just arrest people as if we were Russia or North Korea.”

I hope the arrested people sue

The Met last night arrested volunteers of the Night Safety Team who hand out attack alarms to women and generally offer advice. Their rationale? They had allegedly received intel that this group were planning to activste their attack alarms as a protest.

How much does the lady dressed in the Snow White costume at Disneyland get paid per hour? That provides a similar level of good feels for people, so the pay rate for the royals should be the same.

12 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

How much does the lady dressed in the Snow White costume at Disneyland get paid per hour? That provides a similar level of good feels for people, so the pay rate for the royals should be the same.

The princesses are making bank:

2. Disney Princess

Being a professional Cinderella or Belle at Disney World, Disneyland or another Disney park might be an easier way to princess-hood than marrying a member of the royal family — but not by much. Princesses must audition for their roles, and auditions can include singing, dancing and acting. If you’re auditioning for a specific character, you’re judged more on your ability to portray the character based on attitude and gesture than on how you recite lines, according to the Disney Auditions website. “It’s pretty hard,” a former Disney cast member said of the princess audition process. “There are multiple auditions across the country. Sometimes thousands of people show up. You have to dance and read lines, depending on how far you go.” You’re then filtered for the various roles based on how well you fit into the costume. “They cut you based on need, and height and face obviously matter,” the cast member said. “Ninety percent is, can you fit in the costume?”

Characters with accents must undergo dialect training, and even women who portray American characters must practice doing their princess voice, which often is higher than their natural speaking voice, Buzzfeed reported. Princesses must be in character and in costume the whole time they are in the park and must perfect their character’s signature. Duties include performing in parades and signing autographs for guests.

How Much It Pays To Be a Disney Princess

Character performers at Disney parks and resorts make an average of $11 an hour, according to Glassdoor. Full-time performers work 40 hours a week, but Disney has part-time performers too, Buzzfeed reported. Of course, there are better-paying part-time jobs out there, but this might be one you just love to do.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/money/jobs/how-much-do-disney-princesses-mascots-make/

https://sports.yahoo.com/salaries-disney-princesses-mascots-more-090037308.html

If you look closely at the public details they pay these character employees next to nothing, but a few draw pretty large salaries by comparison which skews it even to the sad amounts you can find online.

And I'm sure the majority of them do far more work than Charles ever will. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

38 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The Met last night arrested volunteers of the Night Safety Team who hand out attack alarms to women and generally offer advice. Their rationale? They had allegedly received intel that this group were planning to activste their attack alarms as a protest.

I'm not sure how that fits into our VAWG strategy.  

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The princesses are making bank:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/money/jobs/how-much-do-disney-princesses-mascots-make/

https://sports.yahoo.com/salaries-disney-princesses-mascots-more-090037308.html

If you look closely at the public details they pay these character employees next to nothing, but a few draw pretty large salaries by comparison which skews it even to the sad amounts you can find online.

And I'm sure the majority of them do far more work than Charles ever will. 

Is this about the time you audtioned for Ariel but got cast as Sebastian? :D

Klobuchar's recruitment process was harsh indeed.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger