Watch, Watched, Watching: Start another thread already

TheLastWolf

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, season 2, episode 2, "Spain" (2013 -- so long ago!) which includes Granada during Santa Semana.  It opens, of course, with the Flamanco clap. HBO.

1 hour ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

Never seen Point Break, but I did just get an overwhelming urge to watch Sugar and Spice for the first time in twenty years... 

"Sometimes when they take a gun off a corpse some rounds get left in the clip..." 

[Guy pops beer] "Christ on a cracker!"

The first film in the F&F series is a direct ripoff of Point Break, just with cars instead of surfing. I highly recommend it, especially because how cheesy it is. Just make sure you watch the original, not the terrible remake.

5 hours ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

Did they go to space in F8 or F9? That's the last one I saw, I think. When Ludacris and Roman went to space?

That's F9, so I'd say you're all caught up on the lore. Of course, they'll still re-explain everything you need to know and invent or retcon other bits as necessary to push the current plot forward. 

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Hunt was in Dallas on the day, but this wasn’t known at the time of Watergate I think

In the show, if I recall correctly, the sly references to this were made only among Liddy, Hunt and Hunt's wife -- and one or two of the Cuban Plumbers, one of them the Miami guy who -- in the show! -- also exhibits marks of Mafia, nobody else.

7 hours ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

Did they go to space in F8 or F9? That's the last one I saw, I think. When Ludacris and Roman went to space? Asking because I'm not sure if I'm caught up on the lore to see this one... 

That was in the previous one - F9: The Fast Saga

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

In the show, if I recall correctly, the sly references to this were made only among Liddy, Hunt and Hunt's wife -- and one or two of the Cuban Plumbers, one of them the Miami guy who -- in the show! -- also exhibits marks of Mafia, nobody else.

Frank Sturgis;  born Frank Angelo Fiorini. I don’t think he had any mafia connections, but it’s plausible he had contact with guys like Giancana and Roselli because of his activities related to Cuba. Mostly he’s CIA. 

I knew nothing about Dorothy Hunt until this show. However, there’s a scene in Nixon where Hunt and Dean have a secret meeting and Dean offers condolences for Hunts wife. Hunt’s reaction is odd but makes a lot more sense in context. I think Stone is either suggesting Hunt was involved in her death or that he’s not surprised she died.

Fast X really leaves me wondering: can two different series of movies (Fast & Furious and Mission: Impossible) cross over despite being produced by two different studios (Universal and Paramount)? 

I don't know the ins and out of IP law for something like this, but more than ever, I am convinced that it would be goddamn awesome. Hell, someone went and imagined a crossover trailer a few years ago that's great fun.

I watched the final two episodes of Ted Lasso. I think it managed to stick the landing. The third season is not as good as the first (by quite some margin), but in general I'm pleased with the finale. It could have been better, but given the dreck we were served in some of the earlier seasons, it could have been much, much worse as well.

I'm also still slowly progressing through The Great. It's not a show I find easy to binge but I do enjoy it a lot. I'm at episode 4 now and things are beginning to heat up. I'm curious to see what they will do with 

Spoiler

Orlo's death.

12 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Fast X really leaves me wondering: can two different series of movies (Fast & Furious and Mission: Impossible) cross over despite being produced by two different studios (Universal and Paramount)? 

I don't know the ins and out of IP law for something like this, but more than ever, I am convinced that it would be goddamn awesome. Hell, someone went and imagined a crossover trailer a few years ago that's great fun.

Forget IP law, just ask yourself these two simple questions:

1. Would Vin Diesel's ego allow it?
  2. Would Tom Cruise's ego allow it?

Deep in your heart, you know the answer.

Edited by Veltigar

37 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Would Vin Diesel's ego allow it?

I mean, credit where it's due, Vin Diesel shares the limelight of his movies a lot. Sure, he argued with the Rock, but he brought him on in the first place, plus Jason Statham. And in XXX, the third one brought in Donnie Yen, Tony Jaa, and, of all people, Michael Bisping and Neymar...

Tom Cruise, maybe less so.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

I mean, credit where it's due, Vin Diesel shares the limelight of his movies a lot. Sure, he argued with the Rock, but he brought him on in the first place, plus Jason Statham. And in XXX, the third one brought in Donnie Yen, Tony Jaa, and, of all people, Michael Bisping and Neymar...

He’s now got a feud with Momoa apparently 

25 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

He’s now got a feud with Momoa apparently 

How could anyone have a feud with Mamoa?

14 hours ago, IlyaP said:

is this before or after the FF - Transformers crossover? Because that I’d like to see.

if the money was there, the contracts would get sorted I'm sure.

13 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Feels like it would take a *very* strong-willed producer with a Big Personality to wrangle the personalities as big as Diesel and Cruise. And given that we know Cruise and Diesel are acquaintances, if not outright friends, it would at least make it a bit easier?

Fast X... what a piece. I saw the original Fast, then I think I quit watching part 2 because it just lost me. I love action movies but for some reason car chases turn me off, I know it makes no sense but oh well.    Never watched any more until Fast X, and only went due to it being over 90 deg a couple weeks ago and me being bored. Very much disliked it for all the same reasons I disliked part 2, but I knew that going into it so that's on me. 

Finished up S2 of  Yellow jackets last week. I thought it was pretty good. I binged it in a couple of days so I didn't have any time to get lost in theories. Looking forward to the next season, kind of hope that wraps it up. Heard there will be a single episode dropped this winter.

Started Succession final season finally.  Pretty good. Ep 3 was done really well.  I am glad this is the final season for this also, seems just about right.

Hi. It's Momoa.

Anyhoo, the final series of Happy Valley was released in the States May 22nd (yay) with weekly episodes (boo).  Sarah Lancashire is incredible.

Spoiler

The meet up with her sister in the cafe in Sheffield where she lays it all out about every terrible thing Tommy Lee Royce has done. Searing in it's quietness.

Edited by kairparavel

23 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Sarah Lancashire is incredible.

Hide contents

The meet up with her sister in the cafe in Sheffield where she lays it all out about every terrible thing Tommy Lee Royce has done. Searing in it's quietness.

I just watched it, about 70 minutes ago.  Lancashire is astounding.  The woman who plays her sister -- that she can hold that scene while they do their back-and-forth ... more than impressive. 

Spoiler

Excruciating as it is for us, as viewers, what those characters are going through ... and real people do carry this inside them all day every day, and some how keep going.