US Politics: Hell Yes THEY Were Trying to Overthrow the Government

Zorral

7 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Will Ivana help Donald Trump with tax breaks from beyond the grave?

When Ivana Trump, Donald Trump’s first wife, was buried last month near the first hole of Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, few immediately guessed that her grave’s location might also serve her ex-husband’s long-held tax planning purposes.

Tax code in New Jersey exempts cemetery land from all taxes, rates, and assessments – and her grave, as such, potentially has advantageous tax implications for a Trump family trust that owns the golf business, in a state where property and land taxes are notoriously high.

Jesus what a bunch of vultures.

That can’t be right. Just because you bury a corpse beneath a golf course, it’s still a golf course. Otherwise every body shop and dry cleaners in New Jersey would have bodies under them. Shit, you could put ads on Craigslist: bury your loved one at Jiffy lube. No charge. Buffet included.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

LOL.

Trump lawyers seek April 2026 trial date in federal election subversion case

In a court filing Thursday evening, Trump’s lawyers say the years-long delay is warranted because of the “massive” amount of information — prosecutors have already produced more than 11.5 million pages — they have to review and because of scheduling conflicts with the other criminal cases Trump is currently facing.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-justice-department-january-6-special-counsel-b778596d6ce14408a5c9f3ec89a03b1f

They have time to tour the cable networks and podcasts, so they have time to read the docs.

2 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

Since Democrats and liberals are now clearly exposed as the anti-Christ, are they going to learn from the Bible, or are they going to continue on their path of destruction like they did in WW2 Germany? History is here for them to learn this time.

This brings up a couple of questions.  First, about that anti-Christ, so the anti-Christ can be more than one person?  How would that work?  Is the Anti-Christ crowd sourced now?  Second, the claim that they need to learn from the Bible, hmmmm, which one?  The Kings James Bible, the Christian Community Bible, The English Standard Bible?  Wikipedia has long lists of Bibles, which is the right one?   Democrats and liberals were destroyed by WW2 Germany?*  Must have been home schooled to think that.  History is for them to learn this time?  You mean the history taught in Florida and Texas grade schools?   

Oh boy.   :frown5:

*D'oh!  I just realized this is a dog whistle for Jews.  Silly me.

1 minute ago, LongRider said:

This brings up a couple of questions.  First, about that anti-Christ, so the anti-Christ can be more than one person?  How would that work?  Is the Anti-Christ crowd sourced now?  Second, the claim that they need to learn from the Bible, hmmmm, which one?  The Kings James Bible, the Christian Community Bible, The English Standard Bible?  Wikipedia has long lists of Bibles, which is the right one?   Democrats and liberals were destroyed by WW2 Germany?*  Must have been home schooled to think that.  History is for them to learn this time?  You mean the history taught in Florida and Texas grade schools?   

Oh boy.   :frown5:

*D'oh!  I just realized this is a dog whistle for Jews.  Silly me.

The Bible according to MAGA would be my guess.

3 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

The Bible according to MAGA would be my guess.

Aw yes, you must be right!  Imagine all the misspelling, siLLy capitalization and run on sentenses and mysterious punctuation.  But that's OK as it would be the Bible Made Great Again!

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

If the GOP debate is next week, the debate prep for Trump must be lit!  :lol: 

I thought Trump wouldn’t be at the first debate?

Edit: Ok. I checked. The guy hasn’t stated definitively that he would be showing up. So he’ll probably show up. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

He announced he's not going to issue the exonerating report on Monday.

He continues to encourage violence

What's ahead for Trump: There's "literally no downside" to encouraging violence
After four indictments. he's completely fueled by rage. We have to be ready for the likely consequences

https://www.salon.com/2023/08/17/whats-ahead-for-trump-theres-literally-no-downside-to-encouraging-violence/

Violence from the MAGA wing of the GOP is a real threat. Something in excess of three-quarters of all terrorism in the U.S. since 9/11 has come from right-wing sources, and only about 4% from the left. My sources tell me that federal law enforcement is concerned about what will happen after Nov. 7, 2024, regardless of who wins, but much more so if Trump loses. This weekend we saw Matt Gaetz standing on a stage with Trump arguing that the only path to meaningful change is violence.

Trump himself will do anything to stay out of prison, which is looking more and more likely if he doesn't win in 2024. He will absolutely attempt to incite violence again if he thinks his next stop is prison. What's he got to lose at that point? If he doesn't stage a coup, he's in prison for the rest of his life. If his coup fails, he's in prison for the rest of his life. If it succeeds, he's safe as long as he hangs on. For Trump, there's literally no downside to encouraging violence if he loses, and his followers are getting the message, just like the guy in Utah.

He's got to be put in jail. Soon.

CNN interviewed a professor from the University of Chicago tonight, someone tracking violent political rhetoric. He said their surveys show about 18 million people in the US believe violence is justifiable. I think that was people on the right, but I’d have to look up the interview now to make certain. He takes Trump’s language very, very seriously.

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

He's got to be put in jail. Soon.

If Trump continues to threaten the court officials involved in his cases, he likely will be put in pretrial custody or whatever it is called.

What interest me about this is I doubt Trump can mentally handle being put in even a 'soft' prison at all. The juxtaposition between how Trump views himself ('awesome winner who can do anything without penalty) and being put in a cell where none of that is true might break him mentally - especially if it is for more than a couple of days. I could almost envision Trump being released after a week or whatever of this, going to his lawyers, and telling them to make a deal that keeps him from having to go back to prison, even if it means giving up most of his wealth, the presidential run and selling out all of his associates. Now, I don't see him actually honoring such a deal - but I can see him making it to avoid a return to prison. The other possibility is Trump has a 'mental episode' so severe he no longer comes across as even semi functional, even to his supporters. 

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Did you see Trump tonight? “They want to silence me!”

Put him in jail and there’ll really be violence.

I think history will look at Trump and say this was the beginning of the end for sanity in US politics. Or much worse than that.

Your point is?

Don't put him in jail, there'll be violence otherwise.

Don't put him on trial, there'll be violence otherwise.

Don't convict him, there'll be violence otherwise.

He incited violence on January six already. Lock him up or there'll be more of the same. You can't cave in to (the threat of) violence. The US locked up Gotti and others before, so why should one guy having command over a bunch of violent criminals be treated to another guy having command over a bunch of violent criminals.

Just put him in pre-tril detention and put an end to this one way or another.

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Did you see Trump tonight? “They want to silence me!”

Put him in jail and there’ll really be violence.

I think history will look at Trump and say this was the beginning of the end for sanity in US politics. Or much worse than that.

Trump will incite violence regardless. 

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Jesus what a bunch of vultures.

That can’t be right. Just because you bury a corpse beneath a golf course, it’s still a golf course. Otherwise every body shop and dry cleaners in New Jersey would have bodies under them. Shit, you could put ads on Craigslist: bury your loved one at Jiffy lube. No charge. Buffet included.

Would? Anyway, I think the difference is a lot of those places are not official grave sites, more  something like a dump site for bodies, not a Trump site.

Anyway, since I am not really familar with the lay out off golf courses, is there a chance, that Marla Maples will get buried at the second hole, and Melania at the third (if neither them outlives their dearest (ex-)husband.

Ty, this is about dead women and golf, I rely on your expertise here.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Your point is?

Don't put him in jail, there'll be violence otherwise.

Don't put him on trial, there'll be violence otherwise.

Don't convict him, there'll be violence otherwise.

He incited violence on January six already. Lock him up or there'll be more of the same. You can't cave in to (the threat of) violence. The US locked up Gotti and others before, so why should one guy having command over a bunch of violent criminals be treated to another guy having command over a bunch of violent criminals.

Just put him in pre-tril detention and put an end to this one way or another.

Don’t get your knickers in a knot, there, pony boy, I’m only talking about what will happen if Trump is jailed for the threatening language he’s using now, not complaining about him being put on trial. I don’t think Americans are prepared for the violence that’s going to come. They weren’t prepared for what happened on January 6th, and since then many have dismissed what happened that day as unimportant, or an aberration, or, shockingly, justifiable. It’s going to get ugly, very ugly, in the US.

Edited by Fragile Bird
Sp

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Don’t get your knickers in a knot, there, pony boy, I’m only talking about what will happen if Trump is jailed for the threatening language he’s using now, not complaining about him being put on trial. I don’t think Americans are prepared for the violence that’s going to come. They weren’t prepared for what happened on January 6th, and since then many have dismissed what happened that day as unimportant, or an aberration, or, shockingly, justifiable. It’s going to get ugly, very ugly, in the US.

It is ugly. And it won't get prettier if they delay it.

30 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ty, this is about dead women and golf, I rely on your expertise here.

I only know about party tricks with women who are alive involving golf. @mcbigski deals with the dead ones. 

I actually think he might do fine in a "real" prison environment. That's not to say they shouldn't jail him - of course they should.

He'd have money (yes, he'd find a way) or drugs or whatever is needed to buy himself some protection/ lieutenants. He'd have outside folk put money on prisoners' accounts for inside favors, and so on. And I doubt many prisoners would hate him for being TFG.

He's been a mobster all his life, if he manages not to panic too much, he'll be fine.

Then again, I also believe he'll take a plea deal (if offered) if there was really no other way to avoid prison.

Which probably won't be the case anyway...

Edited by Mindwalker