Israel - Hamas War IX

kissdbyfire

17 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah but until their (Israeli government) BFF doesn’t let them and the world publicly know that while they have the right to defend the country they have crossed many lines, nothing will change. 

Which makes for even more tragedy and atrocity in the very near future for them and for us all.

An American Vision Emerges for Postwar Gaza, but It Faces Obstacles

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/11/08/world/israel-hamas-war-gaza

Blinken says Gaza and West Bank must be ‘unified’ under Palestinian Authority.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/11/08/world/israel-hamas-war-gaza/blinken-says-gaza-and-west-bank-must-be-unified-under-palestinian-authority?smid=url-share

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

An American Vision Emerges for Postwar Gaza, but It Faces Obstacles

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/11/08/world/israel-hamas-war-gaza

Blinken says Gaza and West Bank must be ‘unified’ under Palestinian Authority.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/11/08/world/israel-hamas-war-gaza/blinken-says-gaza-and-west-bank-must-be-unified-under-palestinian-authority?smid=url-share

Not sure how that can work given what Nathan Thrall said in the interview I linked earlier. I think it was the one I linked but I have listened to 2 different ones so it could have been the other one. But basically he says Palestinians n the West Bank don’t trust the PA, want to get rid of it and accuse them of working w/ the Israeli government irt the settlers. 

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Israel's government and military are making so many enemies around the world, while not making any new friends, and losing the friends it has had.

What friends did Israel have that it lost? Or for that matter, what new enemies has it made? Most of the countries that have made diplomatic noises were never particularly friendly to Israel anyway.

There's a hell of claim out there today, albeit not from an unbiased source, claiming that Gaza-based photojournalists employed by the AP and Reuters were actually embedded among the Hamas terrorists on 10/7. If true, it means that journalists (and perhaps, although not likely, their employing news agencies) knew of the attack in advance and didn't alert anyone. Or, alternatively, the "journalists" are actually members of Hamas. Either way, it would call into question the accuracy of quite a bit of reporting coming out from the ground in Gaza.

https://honestreporting.com/photographers-without-borders-ap-reuters-pictures-of-hamas-atrocities-raise-ethical-questions/

15 minutes ago, Fez said:

albeit not from an unbiased source

Yeah, definitely not unbiased at all. 
From wikipedia (other sites say the exact same thing):

HonestReporting is a non-governmental organization that "monitors the media for bias against Israel" and has been described by several news outlets as a "pro-Israel media watchdog group".

That said, if this is true, it would be absolutely  revolting. 

1 hour ago, Altherion said:

What friends did Israel have that it lost? Or for that matter, what new enemies has it made? Most of the countries that have made diplomatic noises were never particularly friendly to Israel anyway.

How many countries have withdrawn their ambassadors? That's kind of a big deal. Potentially closing the door on normalizations with Saudi Arabia is a big deal too, especially if they want SA to help rebuild Gaza. 

I don't think Israel has lost any friends though. But boy have they strained relationships. 

It's also possible that they're going to lose a lot of Europe. Probably won't lose the US, at least not yet, but it very much depends on their next actions. I think the US does have actual limits of support for Israel though given how much of the US military equipment is built in Israel, I'm not sure how those limits can be expressed. 

1 hour ago, Fez said:

There's a hell of claim out there today, albeit not from an unbiased source, claiming that Gaza-based photojournalists employed by the AP and Reuters were actually embedded among the Hamas terrorists on 10/7. If true, it means that journalists (and perhaps, although not likely, their employing news agencies) knew of the attack in advance and didn't alert anyone. Or, alternatively, the "journalists" are actually members of Hamas. Either way, it would call into question the accuracy of quite a bit of reporting coming out from the ground in Gaza.

https://honestreporting.com/photographers-without-borders-ap-reuters-pictures-of-hamas-atrocities-raise-ethical-questions/

Honestly, what's the point of sharing this shit? Either wait until you know it's true, or share some space lazer news, too.

I’ve read a few reports that there are many people in Gaza who are either foreigners or have dual citizenship from countries that have been more critical of the Israeli government that are now being prevented from leaving Gaza. This is one of the reports I saw earlier.

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/middle-east/2023/11/03/irish-citizens-not-included-in-list-of-foreign-nationals-allowed-to-leave-gaza-says-dfa/

10 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Rabbi, rabbi, rabbi.  O my gawd.  :bang: :bang:  Fixed it.  That's what comes of attempting to post via my stoopid fone.  It changes words on me all the time w/o asking.

Do the Jewish rabbits control the Jewish space lasers? Asking for a friend. :P

12 hours ago, Relic said:

Honestly, what's the point of sharing this shit? Either wait until you know it's true, or share some space lazer news, too.

What's the point of posting anything? Just fodder for thought/discussion.

And I sure haven't seen such complaints about not fully vetted Palestinian claims.

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I'm genuinely trying to work out what is going on here. Did they misunderstand the question? They can't actually be that clueless surely?!

Yeah, no idea what's going on there. My only suggestion apart from them just having no idea, could be that maybe it was to do with the terminology of 'invasion', and that they would describe it as an 'attack' instead, but it is impossible to tell with that clip. Alternatively, they don't want to give an opinion either way to avoid criticism, but than in itself could be criticised, so ?

Edited by Craving Peaches

CNN reporting n hospital’s situation in Gaza.

The health ministry added that 71% of all primary-care facilities have closed due to damage or lack of fuel, adding that hospitals that remain open are limited in what they can provide and are gradually shutting down their wards.

An American nurse with Doctors Without Borders, Emily Callahan, told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Tuesday that in Khan Younis – the city she had been working amid the war before leaving Gaza – there were some 35,000 internally displaced people living alongside her and her team.

"There were children with massive burns down their faces, down their necks, all over their limbs," Callahan said, adding that as hospitals are increasingly stretched, patients are being quickly discharged to camps with no access to running water.

Callahan said that in one camp, there are 50,000 people and four toilets. The camp residents are given two hours of water every 12 hours, she added. 

"Parents are bringing their children to us, saying, 'please can you help, please can you help,' and we have no supplies," she said.

Edited by kissdbyfire

I would guess the AP, CNN, the NYT, and others who use those photographers suspected or understood they had some level of Hamas contact (as most people in Gaza do, as Hamas = government of Gaza), but did not ask or tell them to "embed" with Hamas and has not inquired as to whether their presence during the invasion was simply going where news was or if they had personal advanced knowledge about what was going on.

As we saw with the civilian looters, rapists, and opportunistic killers who followed in the wake of Hamas, word got out of the border wall being broken through and people just followed along. Wouldn't surprise me if these four named photographers did the same.

That said, I saw someone found that a couple of years ago, one of them complained about being banned from Telegram and indicated that they believed it was because they had been part of a "Hamas media" telegram group. 

Kind of surprised this didn't get pushed here yet:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/09/politics/israel-pauses-gaza-white-house/index.html

The pauses are meant to allow for humanitarian assistance to get into the besieged enclave and allow civilians to flee away from the fighting.

John Kirby, the National Security Council spokesman, said Israel would announce the timing of the pauses three hours beforehand.

“We’ve been told by the Israelis that there will be no military operations in these areas over the duration of the pause, and that this process is starting today,” Kirby said, calling it “steps in the right direction.”

Still not enough, but an absolutely great step in the right direction. 

12 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Kind of surprised this didn't get pushed here yet:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/09/politics/israel-pauses-gaza-white-house/index.html

Still not enough, but an absolutely great step in the right direction. 

Doubt Netanyahu et al would've even entertained the notion without increasing diplomatic pressure to do so. I mean Christ, I saw a commercial between news segments just last night paid for by the ADL, like they needed to remind people why Israel is doing this. Thought that was pretty pathetic, frankly.