Israel - Hamas War IX

kissdbyfire

Head of children’s hospital issues SOS after Israeli bombing suspends services

The director of al-Nasr Children’s Hospital has spoken after services at the hospital were suspended after it was bombed by Israeli forces, causing severe damage to the facility.

Mustafa al-Kahlout had this to say:

“This is an SOS message from inside the al-Nasr Children’s Hospital.

“Our facility came under attack two times today. The first targeted the gate while the second was a direct hit on the hospital’s wards. The buildings suffered massive damage.

The ICUs and newborn incubators are now without oxygen supplies. The entire hospital is out of power except the ICU, where I stand now. Currently, I am attending to eight patients. If the power runs out at any minute, they will definitely die.

Source: Al Jazeera, strikes on the hospital by Israel also reported by various other news sources.

30 minutes ago, JGP said:

Doubt Netanyahu et al would've even entertained the notion without increasing diplomatic pressure to do so.

Well, yeah. I mean that's good for the US and Biden to be able to get even this much, but it's after a month, it took apparently severe pressure from everyone not named Israel and it's not close to what's needed. It is still remarkable to hear so little criticism of Israel's policies about aid and humanitarian concerns.

22 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I read that there was no conformation from Israel on this though?

Maybe, but I doubt it matters. If the US is announcing this as the policy then it's almost guaranteed to be the case. I suspect the US got to announce it so that they could show that they were the ones who drove it going forward, giving Biden some credit for it.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:
Had linked the wrong tweet before.

How,many Palestinians have to die? 

According to Ms Salzman of the Florida Legislature, "all of them".

Scratch the surface of southern evangelical support for Israel and you find some pretty unsavoury stuff. 

And what do you think the consequences will be for a sitting state representative openly calling for genocide? I doubt her own party will even make her apologize. Even money says the state and national Democratic Party won’t even mention it. 

8 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Scratch the surface of southern evangelical support for Israel and you find some pretty unsavoury stuff. 

Yup. 

8 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

And what do you think the consequences will be for a sitting state representative openly calling for genocide? I doubt her own party will even make her apologize. Even money says the state and national Democratic Party won’t even mention it. 

In the state of Florida? Probably a medal. 

22 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

There have been numerous Republican politicians who have made genocidal statements regarding Palestinians, and literally the only person who is being rebuked for it is Rashida Talib, the only Palestinian in the legislature, who was censured by the House of Representatives the other day for using a slogan expressing the aspiration of Palestinian freedom and Israel and it's propaganda arms have decided to try and paint as antisemitic. Josh Gottheimer, a Democrat, even said that all Muslims are guilty for the October 7th attack and nobody did shit about it.

Just now, Ran said:

Another loud-mouth Knesset guy who is saying things he has no ability to make reality.

It's amazing how all these elected members of the Israeli government are totally just irrelevant and not in any way representative of the Israeli government's policies.

1 hour ago, GrimTuesday said:

It's amazing how all these elected members of the Israeli government are totally just irrelevant and not in any way representative of the Israeli government's policies.

Not unlike Rashida Tlaib or Marjorie Taylor Greene. Or insert random UK backbencher.

Edited by Ran

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Not unlike like Rashida Tlaib or Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Your current hometown mayor called for missile strikes on Havana two years ago. :P

Safe to say low level players call for wild shit knowing it will never happen all the time. 

No surprise the claims of journalists embedded with the Hamas attackers is a crock.

\https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/reader-beware

There’s a report out there which claims that reporters from AP, Reuters and stringers for CNN, NYT et al were actually embedded with the Hamas death squads that swept into southern Israel on October 7th. If they were embedded they had some foreknowledge of the operation. They might even have been able to stop it.

I first saw this story posted by a writer for The National Review and I read the report. I was highly skeptical but I was curious to see what the argument or evidence was.

In short, the whole ‘report’ was a crock. I wouldn’t even say it contains false information per se. It’s really just a matter of a pile of leading questions or questions framed as leading inevitably to very dark conclusions when that’s not the case at all.  ....

Edited by Zorral

28 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Your current hometown mayor called for missile strikes on Havana two years ago. :P

Safe to say low level players call for wild shit knowing it will never happen all the time. 

10,000+ dead and a million refugees. Not to mention bombing ambulance convoys, refugee camps and hospitals. 

Savage burn, yo.