NBA the slenderman cometh.

BigFatCoward

64 points, will normally be best for most points in a regular season game, imagine if he hadn't been 0% from 3.  I was surprised to find out a) he didn't already hold the Bucks record, and b) who did. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

Fucking pacers again, it's like every game is the All Star game. 

Chet seems like the model of consistency, every time I check it feels like he got 17. But very few 'big' games. 

Jokic doesn't care about his season averages at all. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

11 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

You fucking love a pointless statistic don't you. Most points in a return from 25+ game suspension apparently. Fuck off. 

Lol, I spent the last five minutes trying to see if this was a record. Every search is just flooded with Ja stuff. Weirdly this dumb shit is why I miss Twitter when it was somewhat normal. 

32 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

You fucking love a pointless statistic don't you. Most points in a return from 25+ game suspension apparently. Fuck off. 

:dunno:

Most of those are basically trivia. Not any different from the latest combination of points/assists/rebs/steals/blocks since x player.

My personal favourite is youngest player to achieve something when there is a hard limit on when players are eligible to join and when the season starts and ends. Too bad for you if you were born at the end of the school year or if you can't join from high school.

I was watching the Detroit vs Boston game last night. In the second quarter, the Pistons are up 20 and my son is excited and talking about how it’s crazy that the Pistons will end their record losing streak against the best team in the league.

I told him if there’s one lesson that endless hours of SportsCenter in the late 90s taught me, it’s that you never have to pay attention to an NBA game until the fourth quarter.

In true teenager fashion, he discounted everything I said. Early in the third quarter he decided to go watch the game in his room. The Celtics gradually kept cutting the lead until they tied it up with a few seconds in the third.

I then got up. Went to his room and pointed at the 82-82 score to start the fourth and took my rightful vindication as a dad and said “See. Don’t have to pay attention until the fourth.”

After another embarrassing 4th quarter meltdown by the Warriors, Jokic hits an absurd 40 foot buzzer beater off the glass, directly in front of Steve Kerr who'd shit-talked to him 5 minutes of game-time ago before a 24-5 or something run by Denver. Just an amazing finish.

3 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Well, Bucks-Spurs unexpectedly turned out to be one of the best games of the season so far. You could really see the superstar potential in Wemby's performance throughout the game. 

I turned it on in I think the 3rd quarter and Giannis/Wemby were going back and fourth and it was great. I did get the Mike/Kobe-Iverson vibes of watching 2 different era’s battle. Young Wemby really brought out the dog in Giannis.