Marvel's Multiverse of Maddening Returns

Myrddin

14 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Possibly my favorite episode of What If season 2 with Hela. Though the previous one is up there, too. Was Kahori ever a character in the MCU before?

No.  She's a new character not from the comics, but apparently is now in the one of the games.  Basically giving Captain Marvel's powers to her, but all the surrounding mythology is based on real world Mohawk nation legends.

Edited by SpaceChampion

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m always curious about the actors who keep voicing their live action characters in “What If” and those who don’t.  Why didn’t RDJ, Chris Evans, and Zoe Saldana voice their characters when it seems like almost everyone else did?

Maybe they’re not interested in doing voice work. Some could be busy on other projects. Others might just want move on from characters they played for nearly a decade. 

I’m always amazed at who they do get. Cate Blanchett? Wow 

I’m going to assume part of it is contractual requirements. 

Those they don’t, I imagine it’s a combination of cost, time, and it not being in their contract. Which would make sense because it’s mostly the OG Avengers, with the exception of Hemsworth. 

A lot of times it's really availability. Also, for voice stuff like this it can be real easy to do - like a day or two at the most. Can be a very easy paycheck.

Plus actors do usually like being with other actors they've been with and other producers they have been with. Most of the time they stay in touch. A good example of this is how all the actors from Scott pilgrim stayed in touch for a long while which eventually led to that getting revived 12 years later.

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m always curious about the actors who keep voicing their live action characters in “What If” and those who don’t.  Why didn’t RDJ, Chris Evans, and Zoe Saldana voice their characters when it seems like almost everyone else did?

Maybe RDJ and Evans might want to go out on a high and not reprise their roles post-Endgame.

Ye. I caught an interview with her a while ago where she was talking about how career limiting franchise contracts were, iirc— between Avatar and Marvel she was looking forward to the freedom to do whatever whenever, even nothing at all if she so chose.

This latest episode didn't work for me so well. It was amusing, but it was a missed opportunity to have the much-maligned Eternals or at least bring in Kit Harrington to voice the Black Knight. But I understand that it would be easier to re-use the actors they've used for the majority of the episodes.