NFL Playoffs 2024: How The Hell Are The Lions In The Final Four??? Inconceivable!

8 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I meant who gets more credit.

And Mahomes would like a word. Tomorrow should be fun. 

Mahomes lost to Brady when he had one foot in a retirement home with the other in a German rejuvenation clinic.

And needed Jimmy Garropolo to overthrow a wide open Kittle to win his first.

Edited by Rhom

32 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Mahomes lost to Brady when he had one foot in a retirement home with the other in a German rejuvenation clinic.

Brady wasn't actually that good during the Buc's run. The team was uncommonly healthy. IIRC they were only missing one player. The Chiefs OTH were seriously beat up and had no O-Line.

And needed Jimmy Garropolo to overthrow a wide open Kittle to win his first.

Handsome Jimmy doing what he does best. Think he's even a starter next year? 

17 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I meant who gets more credit.

And Mahomes would like a word. Tomorrow should be fun. 

Mahomes can wait, he isn't there yet.

Lets not forget a few things. Mahomes took over a team that went 10-6, 12-4, and 11-5 the previous three seasons.  That team had Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, and Travis Kelce, all three had over 1000 yards the previous season without him, all top level pro bowl talent.

Brady took over a team that was 0-2, previous years were 5-11, and 8-8.  Brady didn't walk into the same situation as Mahomes did and yet he took them to the SB and won it, along with SIX others. 

Until Mahomes at least gets to four or five lets not be talking goat shit. There have been plenty of the next Michael Jordans.

25 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Had Mahomes shown himself prepared to leave money on the table for team success?

So he's unlikely to be surrounded with the same level of talent for his career. 

That's not necessarily true.  Perhaps not at the level Brady did (which is a bit overwrought in the first place), but if you look at his cap hits in future years, the contract was clearly structured to allow for financial flexibility down the road.  And that's before restructures, which are incredibly common and how Brady "left money on the table." 

Further, the cap is expected to continue to soar the next few years.  This is a lagging post-covid effect that's impacted contracts across the MLB, NBA, and NFL (probably others but I don't pay much attention to other team sports).  His contract will probably look REALLY good in relation to market value in a couple years.

I think I wouldve took that FG, gotta get something out of the TO.

Eta: Now weve seen it all as Lamar has just completed a 13 yd pass........to his freakn self...... I shit you not.....only the MVP!

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

Jackson and his team have five first downs. Mahomes is 20/25 and they get the ball back in the second half. Baltimore and Jackson just aren’t in Mahomes league. We’ll see if they can second half adjust again, but KC is a much tougher team than Houston.

Now Flowers has laid his finger open with a careless sideline punch of the bench. Talk about triple down on dumb bun behavior. I blame the Coach for not getting control of your players. He shouldve been set down and cooled off after the 1st taunt incident, then let back on the field only after hes been forced to consider his actions. (Either that or let Ray Lewis straighten him out grrrrRR) get it together, the seasons on the LINE!