The beginning and the end of the Darkness

Kierria

A Game of Thrones began with a Bran chapter and ended with Daenerys and the birth of her Dragons.  I think it is also the way the story will end. 

The story began on a very, very dark note.  Ned Stark, spouting silly nonsense like the man passing the sentence should do the actual killing, forces his children to watch him murder a sick man who has loyally protected the realm for forty years.  Theon, the a$$, kicks the man's severed head around is our introduction to how the bodies of the dead are violated. It seems not even death earns dignity in the North.  Arya would later apprentice to the Faceless Men and she also violates the bodies of the dead.  The execution party happens upon a disturbing scene where a Stag and a Direwolf had killed each other.  The Starks take the wolf cubs in and begins their mental and emotional descent into savages.  Winter has begun.  The rise of Bran Stark is the beginning of the Darkness and the harbinger of death in Westeros.  Bran and the Starks will bring a world of hurt to the people of Westeros.  Supernatural pestilence, unclean creatures like Direwolves, ice spiders, and such as what nightmares are made of. 

In the last chapter, we are given hope. The beautiful music of the dragons heard in the dark of night for the first time in a very long time.  Daenerys, Azor Ahai, brought dragons back from a long extinction.  She and her dragons will defeat Bran and end his cold grip on Westeros.  The land should bloom again and the plans for reconstruction can begin. 

7 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Not as much nonsense as this thread.

Didn't bother to disguise bias, zero quotes from book, disconnected from the text and reality.

1/10.

I used to think that people would be intelligent on Internet forums and comments sections (with the exception of a few people)

Then I went on instagram reels and learned the opposite. 

10 hours ago, Kierria said:

A Game of Thrones began with a Bran chapter and ended with Daenerys and the birth of her Dragons.  I think it is also the way the story will end. 

The story began on a very, very dark note.  Ned Stark, spouting silly nonsense like the man passing the sentence should do the actual killing, forces his children to watch him murder a sick man who has loyally protected the realm for forty years.  Theon, the a$$, kicks the man's severed head around is our introduction to how the bodies of the dead are violated. It seems not even death earns dignity in the North.  Arya would later apprentice to the Faceless Men and she also violates the bodies of the dead.  The execution party happens upon a disturbing scene where a Stag and a Direwolf had killed each other.  The Starks take the wolf cubs in and begins their mental and emotional descent into savages.  Winter has begun.  The rise of Bran Stark is the beginning of the Darkness and the harbinger of death in Westeros.  Bran and the Starks will bring a world of hurt to the people of Westeros.  Supernatural pestilence, unclean creatures like Direwolves, ice spiders, and such as what nightmares are made of. 

In the last chapter, we are given hope. The beautiful music of the dragons heard in the dark of night for the first time in a very long time.  Daenerys, Azor Ahai, brought dragons back from a long extinction.  She and her dragons will defeat Bran and end his cold grip on Westeros.  The land should bloom again and the plans for reconstruction can begin. 

Bran has begun liking the darkness.  His soul will get darker after he sees Jon's death.  Arya too is all darkness inside.  I say burn them with dragonfire. 

On 3/6/2024 at 2:21 PM, Kierria said:

The story soon hit a very, very dark note. Viserys Targaryen, spouting silly nonsense like how his family of inbred nutters should get to rule over a whole continent, forces his sister Daenerys to marry a murderous barbarian who has slaughtered countless innocents and comes from a society that can't even build a house. Illyrio, the a$$, starts moaning about how slavery isn't allowed in Westeros. It seems there is no place for even a little respect towards their fellows when it comes to the Targaryens and their supporters. Daenerys would later destroy several cities and she also violates local customs and cultures in her quest for power. Her marriage to the savage culminates in her murdering the by-then mentally disabled Drogo and despoiling his body in a dark ritual to resurrect bioweapons. The rise of Daenerys Targaryen is the beginning of the Darkness and the harbinger of death. Daenerys will bring a world of hurt to the people of Westeros and Essos. Massive outbreaks of dysentery, the collapse of the social order, unclean creatures like Dothraki, religious conflicts, dragons, and such as what nightmares are made of.

17 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I used to think that people would be intelligent on Internet forums and comments sections (with the exception of a few people)

Then I went on instagram reels and learned the opposite. 

And then you found out Insta reels is genius level stuff. :lol:

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

And then you found out Insta reels is genius level stuff. :lol:

It's almost as stupid, idk why every space reel has to have an army of goddamn flat earthers lol

my point was just that I thought stupidity was going to be more rare, but then I went on that site and learned the opposite. 

Those folks on there hate everyone lmao

Edited by Jaenara Belarys

6 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

It's almost as stupid, idk why every space reel has to have an army of goddamn flat earthers lol

my point was just that I thought stupidity was going to be more rare, but then I went on that site and learned the opposite. 

Those folks on there hate everyone lmao

Yeah, I got that, hence my comment on… other internet spaces. I’m gonna leave it there. 

30 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, I got that, hence my comment on… other internet spaces. I’m gonna leave it there. 

Social media actually enables the terminally thick.

You can give a detailed answer, backed up by sources, and get the response;

“Yeah well, that’s just your opinion.”

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Social media actually enables the terminally thick.

You can give a detailed answer, backed up by sources, and get the response;

“Yeah well, that’s just your opinion.”

I don’t remember who said or how they phrased it, but it’s something like, “you’re entitled to your own opinions but not to your own facts”. 

It’s just that so many don’t agree w/ that, both here and irl.

1 minute ago, sifth said:

I have to say I’ve come to love these troll threads. They’re not very smart, but they keep this place alive and are often very funny.

Yeah, it can be funny! Sort of like watching the coyote in the Roadrunner cartoon run off that cliff again and again and never learn! :laugh:

On 3/6/2024 at 3:21 PM, Kierria said:

And I thought Dumb & Doofy were delusional and didn't understand the characters at all.

Edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight9

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don’t remember who said or how they phrased it, but it’s something like, “you’re entitled to your own opinions but not to your own facts”. 

It’s just that so many don’t agree w/ that, both here and irl.

Yeah, it can be funny! Sort of like watching the coyote in the Roadrunner cartoon run off that cliff again and again and never learn! :laugh:

Troll threads were better in the past.

We had Catelyn the Monster;  Daenerys The Slut;  Sansa The Psychopath;  and The Slavers Are Just Misunderstood.

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

Troll threads were better in the past.

We had Catelyn the Monster;  Daenerys The Slut;  Sansa The Psychopath;  and The Slavers Are Just Misunderstood.

They were at the very least more creative and more… egalitarian since they had targets  from all houses and more! :rofl:  

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

They were at the very least more creative and more… egalitarian since they had targets  from all houses and more! :rofl:  

They hated all the right people, Sansa, Sandor, Brienne, Catlynn, Sam of the Pink Mast.   Now it's all Crazy Jon the Traitor ~vs~ the Sainted Bowen of Marsh.   Quite dull really.

Edited by LongRider

On 3/6/2024 at 9:21 AM, Kierria said:

The Starks' part in the story is the representation of human emotions that cause more harm than good.  I am not sure Bran will knowingly bring darkness down on Westeros but he will do it as a reaction to what bad things are happening to the family he cares so much about.  There is also that bit with him eventually finding out it was Jaime who broke his body and why.  The mind link between the wolves carry emotions like hate and anger.