HEROES

Jed o' Tarth

[quote]And why does every timeline change seem to fuck things up even more?[/quote]

Tell me about it. Just once, can someone step off the path and kill the -right- butterfly, returning to a future with no major diseases and a middle east full of peacefully unified secular governments?

[quote name='Krafus' post='1545787' date='Oct 7 2008, 08.38']By turning my brain nearly entirely off, I was actually to enjoy (most of) the episode. I didn't mind all the inconsistencies, and my biggest reaction was when it was shown that Daphne was married to Parkman. Poor Daphne, from smartass thief to housewife...

Besides, we had the return of Adam, so for me the episode ended on a positive note. I do wish there was a bit less time travel, though. Besides, if powers are common as dirt in the future, then why are there apparently no other people with Hiro/Peter's time-travelling ability who've visited the past?... Oops, there I go, again using my brain too much.[/quote]

The key to enjoying this show to the fullest isn't to turn your brain off; then it still doesn't have any consistency or intelligence. They key is to keep the brain on and try and appreciate just how awful the show is. It's actually a work of art in that way. I honestly think this could be the worst long running TV show possibly ever. It's epic to try and comprehend just how truly bad it is and still have so much room to get much worse.

[quote name='Baeraad' post='1545694' date='Oct 7 2008, 04.43']For some reason, I just assumed that Claire's gun fired special Peter-killing bullets - the result of four years of research into dealing with rogue supers. I even distinctly recall there being a flash of blue when the bullets impacts - though if no one else saw that, I suppose I must just have imagined it... :leaving:[/quote]

This is what I was getting at earlier about benefit of the doubt. When this show goes into the future, it has issues with doling out the "how". So, in the future, I assumed something had been developed to deal with Peter and Claire was using it. I hope we're told what it is. I mean, Claire in the present knows that Peter has her healing ability, right?

[quote name='Minaku' post='1545934' date='Oct 7 2008, 10.31']Um... when Claire shot Peter, she brought the Haitian along. That's why PresentPeter wasn't able to teleport out, freeze time, or just fly away.[/quote]

Uh except that Peter doesn't lose the powers he has gained once the person has gone away and he also has the power to live through dying as shown by him exploding in season 1 and living in season 2.. He always has the powers once he steals them. So as soon as the haitian walked away he should have resurrected, much like claire after the stick was taken out of her head in season 1. Well and present peter should have had the autopsy cuts heal as well.

[quote name='Slurktan' post='1546412' date='Oct 7 2008, 14.38']Uh except that Peter doesn't lose the powers he has gained once the person has gone away and he also has the power to live through dying as shown by him exploding in season 1 and living in season 2.. He always has the powers once he steals them. So as soon as the haitian walked away he should have resurrected, much like claire after the stick was taken out of her head in season 1. Well and present peter should have had the autopsy cuts heal as well.[/quote]

I was thinking about that. I kept thinking that they should shove something in his brain to prevent him from regenerating. I thought the same thing about the other healing doufus... Although the coffin scene was funny...

[quote name='Slurktan' post='1546412' date='Oct 7 2008, 13.38']So as soon as the haitian walked away he should have resurrected, much like claire after the stick was taken out of her head in season 1.[/quote]
Or Peter when Sylar shoved the glass in his head?

[quote name='arlington bill' post='1546518' date='Oct 7 2008, 14.41']I was thinking about that. I kept thinking that they should shove something in his brain to prevent him from regenerating. I thought the same thing about the other healing doufus... Although the coffin scene was funny...[/quote]

Could there have been something in his head in the morgue? Claire did later mention "one well placed shot to the back of the head" to Past Peter.

Something in his head is one possibility. Another is ... is it really that improbable in four years of stuff we haven't seen, that some powered individual with the power to take away other's powers managed to permanetly nullify Peter's healing ability? Maybe as a play to kill him when he started his "extremist, terrorist behavior"? And he managed to survive it?

There are other powered people in the world. One of them's got to have the ability to strip people of powers.

[quote name='Ran' post='1546894' date='Oct 8 2008, 01.02']Something in his head is one possibility. Another is ... is it really that improbable in four years of stuff we haven't seen, that some powered individual with the power to take away other's powers managed to permanetly nullify Peter's healing ability? Maybe as a play to kill him when he started his "extremist, terrorist behavior"? And he managed to survive it?

There are other powered people in the world. One of them's got to have the ability to strip people of powers.[/quote]

Maybe they coated the bullets with that serum they were using to keep Sylar under control earlier in the season...that would work for a while, I'd imagine. Though I didn't see an IV drip on Peter...

Sir Thursday

I'm going to keep arguing this because... well because I'm bored.

[quote name='Slurktan' post='1546412' date='Oct 7 2008, 12.38']Uh except that Peter doesn't lose the powers he has gained once the person has gone away and he also has the power to live through dying as shown by him exploding in season 1 and living in season 2.. He always has the powers once he steals them. So as soon as the haitian walked away he should have resurrected, much like claire after the stick was taken out of her head in season 1. Well and present peter should have had the autopsy cuts heal as well.[/quote]

Future Peter died when his powers were turned off. He was dead. Dead. Why would he come back to life? He died without the ability to regenerate. Every other time that he has died his ability has been active, so even though he had a large shard of glass preventing his brain from regenerating his ability was still active and therefore once said shard was removed the regeneration occurred.

Future Peter died because [b]his powers were turned off[/b], and I'm not sure that Claire/Adam couldn't die a true death if the Haitian was in the room (there's no evidence to say they wouldn't at this point).

[quote name='Colder Hands' post='1546426' date='Oct 7 2008, 12.43']this show has shit the bed IMO. though i will keep watching because i enjoy mya and sylar[/quote]

You're the one! :bang:

:P

[quote name='Ran' post='1546894' date='Oct 7 2008, 19.02']Something in his head is one possibility. Another is ... is it really that improbable in four years of stuff we haven't seen, that some powered individual with the power to take away other's powers managed to permanetly nullify Peter's healing ability? Maybe as a play to kill him when he started his "extremist, terrorist behavior"? And he managed to survive it?[/quote]
Just his healing ability? After he went back in time and met up with Claire again?

IIRC, back at the scene where the shooting took place, real-world Peter didn't use his powers either after future Peter was shot - he just ran. It might be because he was too stunned and/or didn't want to harm Claire, but it could also be because his powers were being nullified.

[quote name='Krafus' post='1547623' date='Oct 8 2008, 07.25']IIRC, back at the scene where the shooting took place, real-world Peter didn't use his powers either after future Peter was shot - he just ran. It might be because he was too stunned and/or didn't want to harm Claire, but it could also be because his powers were being nullified.[/quote]

True. Would it have been so hard for him to make a quick gesture to show us that and then run? Oh right. [i]Heroes.[/i] :lol:

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1547673' date='Oct 8 2008, 09.16']True. Would it have been so hard for him to make a quick gesture to show us that and then run? Oh right. [i]Heroes.[/i] :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, but if he'd made that gesture, even if it just lasted a second or two, people might wonder why Claire didn't take the opportunity to shoot him.

I'd recommend against trying to explain anything that isn't already painfully obvious. These writers have done nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, until they show that Heroes is written by talent that doesn't below on public access, don't bother giving explanations for them. They haven't shown they think that deep and I'll be shocked, and happy, if they ever do. I will certainly not be holding my breath though.

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet or not, but when talking about why future Peter doesn't just heal from the gunshot, my question is:

Why does future Peter still have his scar on his face?

I am still enjoying the series, but I think it would be really cool if the writers just skipped all the save the world crap and went to the future storyline where Peter is a terrorist and the organization is hunting him. Now that would be sweet.

As much as I enjoy watching Heroes as an overall experience, it is really is plagued with little problems. The writers cannot write time travel with any kind of sense for instance and it's beginning to bug me... my advice to the writers is to leave the future alone.

I loved FutureSylar in this, and that scene really made the episode for me, but then I am a sucker for bad guys turning good.

Archived