Steady Ratings for Game of Thrones

Westeros

Wikipedia cites this: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/game-of-thrones/listings/. Not sure what their source is (didn't look too hard though).

Thanks that is an interesting site, never seen it before.

Does not seem to add in international ratings, it might if one became a member.

Also can't tell if there is historical data, or accumulated data, but I figure that is difficult, likely HBO keeps the books on that , doubt we will ever see it.

GRRM's episode is E7 IIRC.

Oh right. I just thought he'd be helming the RW. I wonder what's going to be significant about E7 that GRRM wanted to write it? Or does he not get a choice? Is E7 going to be

The battle for Castle Black?

Or would that be too early?

Or is it something in Dany's story arc that GRRM wanted to hold the pen on?

On ratings, do we have any information on full week numbers?

What do people feel are the chances that an episode this season tops 5 million on the initial airing?

If what's going to happen tonight is what I think it is, depended on the word of mouth, it could top 5 mil.

I don't know how many non-reader know what's possible to happen in episode 4.

Down the road there is the possibility of toping that.

Is E7 going to be

Probably too early. I think S2 gave people the mistaken idea that GRRM writes the "big" episodes. He didn't write the biggest episodes in S1 and it seems that S3 will follow suit.

Someone pointed out previously that it is actually better if GRRM gets episodes with higher levels of character interaction (not big action stuff). I thought that a very good point. It's the character interaction that what we loved GRRM for originally.

And yes, I don't think he has much choice in episodes.

What were the ratings for last week's episode?

These were the initial ratings anyhow.

Probably too early. I think S2 gave people the mistaken idea that GRRM writes the "big" episodes. He didn't write the biggest episodes in S1 and it seems that S3 will follow suit.

Someone pointed out previously that it is actually better if GRRM gets episodes with higher levels of character interaction (not big action stuff). I thought that a very good point. It's the character interaction that what we loved GRRM for originally.

And yes, I don't think he has much choice in episodes.

These were the initial ratings anyhow.

That's exactly what made Blackwater the best episode of S2 (and S3 so far). All the action stuff was awesome, but if not for the great character interactions (must be noted that GRRM gives props to D&D for the Hound/Bronn scene) the episode would have fallen as qualitatively flat as a Transformer's movie.

I suspect if Red Wedding happens this season it'll bring a whole new wave of people checking out the show for Season 4.

It's one of the most memorable events in fantasy literature after all.

I suspect if Red Wedding happens this season it'll bring a whole new wave of people checking out the show for Season 4.

It's one of the most memorable events in fantasy literature after all.

It's not an "if" at this point. It's definitely happening in episode nine.

He didn't write the biggest episodes in S1

Certainly I felt that The Pointy End was the best-written episode of Season 1. Baelor seems to have gotten a few more props because of the ending, but for my money GRRM definitely wrote the best episodes of Seasons 1 and 2. He's going to have to go some to beat And Now His Watch Is Ended (and I suspect The Rains of Castamere will be good as well, given it's the episode D&D had wanted to write for seven years).

Certainly I felt that The Pointy End was the best-written episode of Season 1. Baelor seems to have gotten a few more props because of the ending, but for my money GRRM definitely wrote the best episodes of Seasons 1 and 2. He's going to have to go some to beat And Now His Watch Is Ended (and I suspect The Rains of Castamere will be good as well, given it's the episode D&D had wanted to write for seven years).

I think the point was more that GRRM's episode in season 1 didn't have the "big moments" of the season. It was a fantastic episode and quite possibly my favourite, but it wasn't necessarily "big" compared to other episodes such as Baelor, Fire and Blood, and Blackwater.

Oh right. I just thought he'd be helming the RW. I wonder what's going to be significant about E7 that GRRM wanted to write it? Or does he not get a choice? Is E7 going to be

Apparently

The battle for Castle Black is not going to be in the show. According to an interview with Ciaran hinds, the raiding party returns to him looking dejected. Its very possible that it will be merged with the larger battle for the wall. They could have the wildings break through the gate for example, and then have the events with the burning stairs. I think its also safe to say that Ygritte wont die this season.

Apparently

The battle for Castle Black is not going to be in the show. According to an interview with Ciaran hinds, the raiding party returns to him looking dejected. Its very possible that it will be merged with the larger battle for the wall. They could have the wildings break through the gate for example, and then have the events with the burning stairs. I think its also safe to say that Ygritte wont die this season.

Can't say I'm surprised. Staging both would have really eaten up the budget,

Oh right. I just thought he'd be helming the RW. I wonder what's going to be significant about E7 that GRRM wanted to write it? Or does he not get a choice?

It has been reported that he does not get a choice. Of course, if he complained about the episode that he had been assigned, probably it would be changed. But he doesn't get to choose.

I think that when deciding which episode GRRM gets to write, the main factor that Benioff & Weiss take into account is which one is more faithful to the original story. I can't imagine them asking George to write a Ros-heavy episode, or with a storyline that has desviated a lot from the books.

For instance, I think they gave him Blackwater last year to avoid forcing him to deal with the storylines at Qarth, Winterfell and beyond the Wall. It would be hard for GRRM to write a Xaro Xhoan Daxos or Qhorin Halfhand matching the show's interpretations of the characters.

So, the ratings for episode 24 are in. The episode reached 4.87 million viewers, which is a another record (the third in four weeks this season), compared to 4.72 last week.

The first repeat got another 1.03 million, which means the viewership for the first day was up to 5.90 million compared to 5.76 last week.

http://tvbythenumber...gs-more/179182/

Dropping the first repeat on 10pm obviously boosted the viewership for the second week in a row and the Jaime scene helped too. I think there is a good chance that the series will reach 5 million viewers after this great episode.

Archived